The Anime Thread

Ruki

Watched the first episode of Attack on Titan! Shit man, that got pretty gripping towards the end. You could call what was going to happen a mile away, but the expression of the Titan was just so fucking creepy, it was well executed. I might try and watch the rest of this. Also cool to hear that it'll actually be a wait for the next season. I only ever really followed the big shonen series when I was younger, so I'd totally rather wait for more high quality stuff than really awful and obvious filler content.

I really hope this kicks me into an anime watching frenzy, because I'd love to rewatch and then catch up on One Piece. If FMA: Brotherhood wasn't a thing, that'd be easily my all time favorite.

It airs today actually Ruki.

Has anybody watched Coppelion yet out of curiosity? I'm curious if it's worth an attempt to watch it.

If you like the premise then you should check it out. The show has potential though the first episode was slow. It wasn't bad though, no curveballs that made me hate it.

With 5-6 shows a week....I dunno how I am gonna keep up with them all. Will likely download them all on Sunday.

It is a pain in the ass.

I've been rewatching Eureka Seven (currently on episode 30-something, 33 perhaps), and damn, I had forgotten how much I love this show. Definitely one of the best ever, IMO. Great story, great characters, great developments, cool fights... Really, how can anybody not love it?

So, I started watching some of the new stuff that came out this week.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta: I liked the premise, but the show is over the top fan servicey, which really ruined the show for me personally. Don't think I'll be keeping up with this one.

Kill La Kill: I don't know what the hell I just witnessed, but I think I liked it? The show has this insane pace that crams a lot of stuff into twenty something minutes. I don't know about it saving anime, but it is different. I'll give it that.

Coppelion: It's like post-apocalyptic Charlie's Angels. I also really, really liked the art in the show.

The saving anime thing is kind of a joke meme, more it's taking chances which you never see companies do anymore. Ever since the lost decade started companies had to be super tight-fisted in order to stay in operation and they all stuck with something that worked. KyoAni did take a chance with Lucky Star and then K-On! and it worked out well for them, Trigger is taking a chance with Kill la Kill and trying to remind a lot of people about the frenetic pace and insanity of a lot of anime in the 90s.

So...I just watched the first episode of Kill La Kill.

Not what I was expecting.

but I loved it.

Just amazing.

Although I hope she gets some more clothes. I felt weird watching it at work.

The deal is she's real embarrassed being in such a skimpy outfit but it grants her superpowers.

Also this is done by Trigger.

Don't expect more clothing.

So...I just watched the first episode of Kill La Kill.

Not what I was expecting.

but I loved it.

Just amazing.

Although I hope she gets some more clothes. I felt weird watching it at work.

The deal is she's real embarrassed being in such a skimpy outfit but it grants her superpowers.

Also this is done by Trigger.

Don't expect more clothing.

I noticed that she was embarrassed, it was a nice touch.

1. Kill La kill (WATCH FOREVER)

2. Yuusha ni Narenakatta (about to watch this now)

3. Coppelion

4. Yozakura Quartet

5. Beyond The Boundary

6. Pokemon Origin

Edit: I watched the first 10 minutes of Yuusha and stopped. The idea behind the show is fun, and it seems like it could be funny...but the fanservice is way too much. In those 10 minutes there were about 3-4 panty shots, 5-6 shots of boobs jiggling just for the sake of it. I was done at the point where an old man came into the store and grabbed the ass of one of the girls....but nothing happens because he buys a lightbulb and you can't kill a customer <_<

Edit 2: Just watched Coppelion (yay a slow day at work). I dig the art style and the environment. See, this? I was expecting a shit-ton of fan service from this because 'School Girls', but they didn't go down that route. Good on you, Coppelion. As for my enjoyment of the show, it was pretty good.