The Anime Thread

Ruki

Hahaha...

Anyway, I watched 25 on my PSP on the way into work this morning...

The bit when Suzuku shot Zero's helmet off and revealed him to be Lelouch...that was awesome. Maybe it was just the slow motion way in which Lelouch's hair swished. Maybe it was his unflinching glare underneath. Whatever it was, it was just badass.

I thought for sure that the V.V. (or is it B.B.? You never can tell with Japanese) girl had given Suzuku Geass, rather than just told him about Lelouch. Well, damn.

Yay for Cornelia possibly not being quite dead yet, she's awesome too. For the last few episodes her demeanour's essentially been "I do NOT want to be putting up with this SHIT!" - and understandably so.

C.C. and Jeremiah...to the bottom of the ocean...hmm. Oh, and I guess her kissing Lelouch was kind of inevitable, but still kind of weird at the same time.

And cliffhanger. :@ Though at least that gives me hope that the second series will, in fact, be a proper second series (although the fact that the Order of the Black Knights is completely fucked by this stage makes me wonder how they could get more than a couple of episodes out of it). Still, I suppose as long as Lelouch, Suzuku and Karen (who has done fuck all in this series since the whole 'getting stuck on that island with Suzuku' bit - well, other than sit in her mecha - which is mildly annoying because I like her) survive it should be okay.

Alternatively they could do the whole "rerun from Suzuku's viewpoint" thing, spend 23-odd episodes getting back to exactly where we are now, and THEN do the proper ending. In which case, I would have to set fire to their children.

And forget Rivalz - Nina's the one who I've wanted to die ever since she first appeared. Racist "OMG an Eleven he'll kill us all" *panic attack* -> Creepy lesbian stalking -> Manic vengeful crybaby WITH NUKES. None of these were good things. Just fuck off somewhere remote and blow yourself up already.

Grr...the GAINAX mecha episodes (I can neither remember nor spell its full name) don't work properly on my PSP...I shall have to wait till I get home to watch more. With NANA finished and now my brief Code Geass fix done for the time being as well, I've only got that and Nodame Cantible occupying my viewing time at the moment.

Edited by stokeriño

Oh, stok, I can't wait to see your reaction come the later episodes (around, I'd say, 7 and beyond) of Gurren Lagann. The series really kicks in full steam around episode 8, and makes you realize that Gainax isn't holding back at all with this anime. So yeah, you're reactions could well be fucking priceless.

Re: Stokie, on Geass 25

dlakjf;lskjdf CLIFFHANGER dammit.

I agree with you about Nina, as I had forgotten about her entirely beforehand. She's really, really batshit and not in the good way (Tamaki and Jeremiah are batshit in the good way).

... anyway. Uh. Yes. Still surprisingly few casualties (OTHER FEMALE MEMBER OF THE BLACK KNIGHTS, NOOOO), really. But all in all? alkdfjsldj; cliffhanger. That is all.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Well then recommend me some anime!

I am very picky with my anime tastes. So far, complete series I have watched:

- Azumanga Daioh

- Neon Genesis

- Excel Saga

- FLCL

- Dragonball

- Dr. Slump

- Samurai Champloo

Otherwise, I am a Ghibli fanboy.

I've already pointed out that the first series of Galaxy Angel is inferior to the following two. :shifty:

Hell, the 3rd series' Power Rangers and Sports Anime (Volleyball) spoof episodes are genius on their own.

And obviously if you like Champloo then Bebop is a must. Most people usually discover them in the other order, but what the hell. >_>

Edited by stokeriño

I've never seen the Lupin TV series. They're not released here in the UK and they're too old/large/difficult to find to bother downloading them. >_>

Although red jacket > green jacket, clearly.

Edited by stokeriño

I currently have Episodes 1-6 of Code Geass, yet to watch any of them except for some briefness on Episode 1 to make sure my subtitles were okay and everything worked fine. It looks pretty awesome, I just don't want to watch them, then have to wait for the next one to download. Well, not yet anyways. Anyways, 6 down 17 to go. Then I need to get 24, and then 25 and whatever else will be out by the time I get there.

I have the Shinsen Subs, they seem okay, nothing disastrously wrong with them is there?