WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Got this yesterday, along with Fallout 3 for £20 with my new 360. My mate also gave me Rock Band and all the instruments as a gift, so I've spent most of my time on that.

Finished Jericho's RTWM; it was alright. The game doesn't see all that different from 2007 - the last one I played - but it's enjoyable enough.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Triple H's RTWM spoilers...

How the hell are you suppose to knock both Batista and Randy Orton down if you align with HBK? I swear people don't stay down long enough and there isn't enough time. Halp!!
Edited by TMM

Triple H's RTWM spoilers...

How the hell are you suppose to knock both Batista and Randy Orton down if you align with HBK? I swear people don't stay down long enough and there isn't enough time. Halp!!

Put the finisher slider damage to max, Store a signature move, and use both your sig. and your finisher on them....

I had trouble with that, got it done on the second try though. Just do whatever moves you can to them to give yourself some space and try not to run because if you lose the bulk of your stamina you'll find it tough to get it back (alternatively just turn stamina off, you cheat >_>). Try whipping them into the same corner so they collide, though I'm not sure this would keep them down for as long as they need to be. I eventually did it by Pedigreeing Orton and then doing the running neckbreaker to Batista straight after.

Steel chairs are your friend.

How do you get them when you can't go out of the ring? Edited by AD

Seriously all I want to do is to have a fairly realistic match. Some douche was HBK and was spamming the flying tackle and punches move. I'd get up and he'd run at me every time and do it. I will admit my reversal game is lacking right now but still try something else. When I play I try and play like it might happen in real life, I like working body parts, changing my offense up and things like that. I also don't always pick Orton/Triple H/Taker every match. I was Elijah Burke in the match against HBK and so in my head I was the heel so I was holding onto submissions instead of breaking the hold and doing that kind of thing and then the guy saw me do it so he started doing that too. Maybe I'm just a weirdo.

You'll never be as weird as I, when it comes to SvR games. I have a habit of taking two controllers, and playing both, making matches realistic and entertaining, as well as making up stories to go with them.

It's not, which is why I hold them at the same time. :P

It's because you're so damn focused on pressing the A button to get up they've gone and hit a damn move on you by the time you've realised they are about to do it.

One thing I remembered that I hate about SmackDown games; the reversals. Not the reversals themselves but I swear to god the only damage to computer does to me is by reversing a move. I'm sure I've gone an entire match with the AI barely hitting a move, just doing a lot of reversals and my damage was orange/red.

Jury's still out on the Wii version. Graphics are really underwhelming, I swear the Gamecube WWE games looked better. Don't care about the lack of Inferno Match, but no Create-A-Finisher is a bit of a cop-out. Obviously it's a shame missing out on stuff like custom entrance music, and presumably a fair amount of downloadable content, too.

Controls I'm still unsure about, seem very fiddly, and how you move the Wiimote seems to be largely arbitrary half the time anyway. Road To Wrestlemania is fun, though, been working my way through 'Taker's, as I figured playing as someone uber-good would lessen the learning curve as pertains to the ridiculous control system. Haven't played online yet.

Not bad, anyway, but if I do, as I'm planning, get an XBox 360 after Christmas, I'll probably get the 360 version and put the Wii version to one side for the time being.