WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only CAW I've created so far is myself. I don't feel like having to take all my CAWs through career mode just to make them any sort of threat to the regular roster. I likely won't create any until the planned patch comes out that just lets you assign attribute points as you see fit provided you've completed the career mode once. Hopefully it'll allow you to assign abilities as well, as I can't stand having to spend ages battering people with weapons just to get the Object ability, or leaping off the turnbuckle to get Outside Dives, while making sure I don't fight anyone with Possum Pin, in case I accidentaly unlock that for my CAW. Hopefully this patch will be released around Christmas with the DLC.

Plus, I don't want to create any WWE guys like I usually do, as they'll likely just be available as DLC at some point in the future.

It seriously irritates me that they took out the standing Sweet Chin Music. I've rejigged HBK's moveset, but he still can't hit his finisher out of nowhere, which is sort of the point of the SCM anyway. I mean, at least you can alter Orton's moveset to get the regular RKO if you want it, but no such luck for HBK.

Just give him Karate Kick 1.

Which is a SCM he's had in the previous games, it's a running move I believe. Just set it as a signature if that's a problem.

I usually just play sports games on the PS3, so I'm not used to DLC. How much does shit like that usually go for on the PS3?

Also, if anyone has formulas for Deuce, Domino, D'lo Brown, Val Venis, Mike Knox, Balls Mahoney, Stevie Richards, Chris Masters, Jamie Noble, Jim Duggan, King Booker, The Highlanders, Matt Striker, Nunzio, Burchill, Kenny Dykstra, or Shannon Moore, don't be shy. Go ahead and post them.

Edited by Essa

I usually just play sports games on the PS3, so I'm not used to DLC. How much does shit like that usually go for on the PS3?

Also, if anyone has formulas for Deuce, Domino, D'lo Brown, Val Venis, Mike Knox, Balls Mahoney, Stevie Richards, Chris Masters, Jamie Noble, Jim Duggan, King Booker, The Highlanders, Matt Striker, Nunzio, Burchill, Kenny Dykstra, or Shannon Moore, don't be shy. Go ahead and post them.

caws.ws is probably your best bet.

I'll be getting this game for Christmas now. The only niggling question that remains is which console.

Somebody call Heads or Tails, for either 360 or PS3. :shifty: Go!

If it makes any difference at all, the CAWs on the PS3 only have 32 layers while the CAWs on the 360 have 64. That's basically the only difference between the two games.

32. But, for most CAWs, yes. You can get away with passable and great CAWs for most people, but let's say a guy like... old school Shawn Michaels, Liger, etc. etc., guys with more complex attires and it's a challenge. I dunno if you care about that sort of stuff, though.

Speaking of CAWs, weeeee.

uvs081203001th3.th.jpg

uvs081203004ev0.th.jpg

uvs081203009ak7.th.jpg

uvs081203010de3.th.jpg

uvs081203012pp8.th.jpg

Edited by Will!

So I played SvR 2007 about a year ago and thought it was pretty decent (I liked the storylines, how you interacted with things in your locker room and creating my own superstar and seeing him interact with real ones). Thing is I wasn't very good and I think the only match I won was a 3-on-1 handicap match and I seemed to be staring at a loading screen for a lot of the time. Is this game worth picking up having not played 2008? I'll be trading some stuff in soon and will have credit to use if it's got more of the stuff I liked from 2007 and less of the stuff I didn't like. I don't really care about online play.

I'll maybe read some reviews too... :P

32. But, for most CAWs, yes. You can get away with passable and great CAWs for most people, but let's say a guy like... old school Shawn Michaels, Liger, etc. etc., guys with more complex attires and it's a challenge. I dunno if you care about that sort of stuff, though.

Speaking of CAWs, weeeee.

Seeing the first pic in thumbnail form, I thought that was supposed to be Jimmy Jacobs at first glance.

Can you not play with a created female online? Or does it have to be a certain match? Also, if you give you CAW a song from your own playlist, can he still go online with no problems? Just I haven't seen or heard anybody online with their own songs, which I found weird, so maybe you cant?

I dunno what other people think, but i really really dislike the new storyline mode, only for select players, and you have to play it in the way they give you, if you lose you have to do it again, really silly.

And is it me but do the games seem to get easier, i'm playing in legend mode, yet i get like no competition anymore.

I dunno what other people think, but i really really dislike the new storyline mode, only for select players, and you have to play it in the way they give you, if you lose you have to do it again, really silly.

And is it me but do the games seem to get easier, i'm playing in legend mode, yet i get like no competition anymore.

Well you don't HAVE to beat on the computer. I never get complaining about the difficulty...just try not reversing everything the computer does in a match. Or try turning all the computer sliders all the way up, and yours all the way down and see how fun it is...