WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

I dunno what other people think, but i really really dislike the new storyline mode, only for select players, and you have to play it in the way they give you, if you lose you have to do it again, really silly.

And is it me but do the games seem to get easier, i'm playing in legend mode, yet i get like no competition anymore.

If you're on about in career mode, then it's because it starts easy. I had the exact same problem, the computer didn't challenge me what so ever throughout the US Title path and the ECW Title path. Currently on the tag team title path. Apparently it gets harder as you progress, although it's a shame the difficulty doesn't reflect on career like it should. However, if you aren't on about career, then you're crazy. I've got mine on hard with the sliders tweaked and the computer gives me a real challenge, great matches and durability.

Oh and I've heard this apparent RUMOR, that when DLC comes out there may possibly be more RTW storylines added, one including Michaels. Anybody got any news or info on this or is it just a pile of shit rumor again that I've got excited about?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and I've heard this apparent RUMOR, that when DLC comes out there may possibly be more RTW storylines added, one including Michaels. Anybody got any news or info on this or is it just a pile of shit rumor again that I've got excited about?

Downloadable RTW storylines sounds unlikely - whereas new characters \ arenas can be plugged in pretty easily, any new storyline would require them to animate several entirely new sequences and then organise new voice over sessions for the wrestlers and announcers involved to go along with it. That seems like a lot of work and hassle for them for something that they have no obligation to provide and probably wouldn't make a great deal of money off, especially as they're actively working on other titles now. It just seems wishful thinking to expect them to go to that much extra effort?

Downloadable RTW storylines sounds unlikely - whereas new characters \ arenas can be plugged in pretty easily, any new storyline would require them to animate several entirely new sequences and then organise new voice over sessions for the wrestlers and announcers involved to go along with it. That seems like a lot of work and hassle for them for something that they have no obligation to provide and probably wouldn't make a great deal of money off, especially as they're actively working on other titles now. It just seems wishful thinking to expect them to go to that much extra effort?

they may have already had the stories done and its just a money grab by releasing it later?

That's what I was thinking. I'm not holding any hope out at all, just see people talking about it around the net and wondered if anybody else could shed any light on it. I don't see how it'd fit on or actually work, but I guess only time will tell and they could pull out a surprise but I highly doubt it.

Question. I've started a career with one of my CAW's, he's upto like 57 or so now. Well I didn't know if you could do two careers at once, so I tried to with my new female CAW, well tried to go to career 'NEW', yet it said it'd erase all the previous career AND stats. The heck? Does that mean if I ever start a new career before finishing the other that I lose all of my CAW's stats? So if I build him up to say 85 and am happy with that, I cant just start a new career with a different CAW to get them up? That said, I'm guessing you cant do career with a female? Or you can? I'm confused, because if you cant, how the heck do you get their stats up? I just need to know if I start a new career that my male CAW wont lose his stats and will remain at whatever OV he is :(

Well, the patch said something about being able to use it once one Career Mode was "Completed"..by that, I'd guess it'd mean you win the World Titles, or you win all the belts you can win, or go to WrestleMania, or something like that. Maybe you have to do that before starting a new one?

You find the odd few good people to play, it's more for playing with friends though so that you know it's going to be enjoyable and not some bullshit one minute match or something.

Speaking of online, I have a US flag next to my name and haven't got a clue how I change that to a UK one, anybody know? I've got my settings on the system set to UK and all I believe.

My problem with online is the typical stuff that everyone finds, I guess. Spamming moves, running around like Road Runner on speed, spamming ground moves.....nothing realistic, or not even trying to have a match, just going all out to win no matter how. It's pointless.