WWE SmackDown! vs. Raw 2009

Vilge Duin

Announcers tables count for the tables ability, thus making it quite easy, really. And I kept guys with the dirty pin ability in my career mode and easily avoided getting it the second time through. Just make sure you end matches against them quickly, thus avoiding 5 stars. It's not rocket surgery science.

Except with you needing so many stars to get your #1 contender's match, it's not quite that simple.

I'm just working through the different paths just now. Is it really just a case of pick a path, beat people from a list, get a #1 contenders match, unlock new match type, win title, pick another path the whole way through? The only thing different I've seen so far is the Royal Rumble. And I lasted 33 seconds when Paul London and Kane teamed up on me. :shifty:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcers tables count for the tables ability, thus making it quite easy, really. And I kept guys with the dirty pin ability in my career mode and easily avoided getting it the second time through. Just make sure you end matches against them quickly, thus avoiding 5 stars. It's not rocket surgery science.

Except with you needing so many stars to get your #1 contender's match, it's not quite that simple.

I'm just working through the different paths just now. Is it really just a case of pick a path, beat people from a list, get a #1 contenders match, unlock new match type, win title, pick another path the whole way through? The only thing different I've seen so far is the Royal Rumble. And I lasted 33 seconds when Paul London and Kane teamed up on me. :shifty:

The Rumble is easily the most annoying and probably hardest match I've ever played on the game in Career. It took me about 17 attempts to win the fucking thing and that was only by running as much as possible for the majority of the match. You slip up once, you're fucked, simple as that. And it became annoying when I got down to the last three or four about ten times over and kept getting eliminated. It's really a system they need to improve on over the next year or two of the games, because I don't see how the Rumble is any fun what so ever. The only time I've ever enjoyed it is when playing with a few friends, otherwise I cant stand it.

They were better in the older games (a few game back this is) when the bar/meter thing was longer so you weren't FUCKED if two people teamed up on you. Used to drain a lot of the bar but not empty it.

They need to go back to the bigger bar, keep the thing where if someone has a red limb they can be thrown right over and out (maybe unless they have a stored signature? So it's not SO brutally final), bring back the Big guy military press (so say, Show could walk through a couple of cruisers) and add some way for 'surprise' eliminations to happen. Maybe if someone has a flashing momentum bar and the person they attack doesn't have them targetted they can be thrown right out. That's just an idea though, the rest of it (the bigger bar) NEEDS to come back.

Yes it is. You just need to pull off, say four four-star matches as opposed to three five-stars. It's really not hard. The dirty pin ability is a pisoff, but it's not impossible to avoid.

1) I won all the titles, no gold rush? Do I have to win Rumble and MITB too? If so boo, it says 'win all WWE titles.'

You have to win the Women's title as well, so start a new career with a diva, win the title, and you'll get the achievement.

Oh, and about the Royal Rumble...

I came in fourth or fifth and eliminated sixteen guys to win it all. It wasn't hard, like... at all. Just a combination of throwing guys over, double-teaming them (not in that way!) and then hitting the guy who helped me with a few punches or kicks to make sure he couldn't whip me. I was only ever thrown onto the apron once and just got lucky that no one went after me. I got nothing for winning it all, which was rather silly, so instead of going through the same sort of thing for MITB I just challenged Orton for the WWE Championship at Mania and won it.

1) I won all the titles, no gold rush? Do I have to win Rumble and MITB too? If so boo, it says 'win all WWE titles.'

You have to win the Women's title as well, so start a new career with a diva, win the title, and you'll get the achievement.

...are you fucking kidding me? So with my one career save slot I have to start again as a Diva to win the one title not open to me therefore scrapping everything I've done with my guy?

Goddam, why can't they just give us more than one save slot?!

Anyway, GhostMachine - I think you have to pick custom roster and then arrange the people into brands from there, with anyone you don't want being on the next screen.

And I just won MITB at Wrestlemania against MVP, Finlay, Tazz, Jeff Hardy and Undertaker(?!) and apparently it allows you to challenge a title holder at any time. Presumably meaning you can skip getting 15 stars for a title of your choosing. Not sure if it's only good for one match though.

And Will, was just pointing out that if you're ending matches pretty quickly then you'd probably only get 3 stars so therefore would need to drag it out a bit to get the 4 stars. Either way, it seems my dirty pin doesn't count against me for being a face, so fuck it, it's fine by me. :P

Here's what I did, Go turn auto-save off MAKE SURE IT IS OFF and then proceed to pick a diva and go win the title, Thus unlocking the achievement, As soon as you do that, Turn off your console and you then can continue with your main CAW's career mode.

Anyone know how to by pass the crotch blur . i was told that the crotch blur was out for the current gen versions of the game. I'm trying to make a jamie noble and I'm having to stick with plain black tights till I can find a way to put the logos on.

Cheers Slogger, that worked a treat. Then I had to do the ridiculously gay "a year in the life" achievement again because apparently you have to play a match every single week whereas the game is quite happy to skip you to a PPV if you're fighting for a title without warning you this will fuck things up. I'd done about a year and a half by the time I'd won my last title and fought more than enough matches.

So I just went through the year getting myself DQ'd as soon as a match started. Took about 40 mins, played against Shelton every time. Hated myself for doing it, but fuck it, I was clearly owed the damn thing since I'd done more than enough previously. At least I got to try out my weapon grapples since I had the right ability and also won the Royal Rumble.

Although when I did the Women's title path I noticed there was a locked match type on it. Figured it would be unlocked when I did the number one contender's match, but it didn't. Is it mixed tag or something maybe?

• Admin

Looks like the patch has been released - now to finish taking Kozlov through a year of Career mode to unlock the Attributes changing section of the Patch.

In other good news though, the patch now gives you the option to reject abilities - so if you earn Dirty Pin and you don't want it, you don't have to take it! Yay!

Also, apparently the people who have the patch are saying the "Downloaded Wrestler" section is no longer greyed out - a sign that DLC may be on it's way tonight?

Cheers Slogger, that worked a treat. Then I had to do the ridiculously gay "a year in the life" achievement again because apparently you have to play a match every single week whereas the game is quite happy to skip you to a PPV if you're fighting for a title without warning you this will fuck things up. I'd done about a year and a half by the time I'd won my last title and fought more than enough matches.

So I just went through the year getting myself DQ'd as soon as a match started. Took about 40 mins, played against Shelton every time. Hated myself for doing it, but fuck it, I was clearly owed the damn thing since I'd done more than enough previously. At least I got to try out my weapon grapples since I had the right ability and also won the Royal Rumble.

Although when I did the Women's title path I noticed there was a locked match type on it. Figured it would be unlocked when I did the number one contender's match, but it didn't. Is it mixed tag or something maybe?

It's a single with Manager if I remember correctly, nothing special.

That patch is out? Sounds good, I'll have to look into it. I'll be gutted if DLC comes out today, got no points as spent them while waiting for this fucking thing. At least it looks like it's finally coming out though.

Edit: Talking of the patch, how the fuck do you get it?

Edited by Dirty Johnny 27

I didn't get any patch. :(

I dont know how or where to get this patch though. <_<

It should just download when you start up the game. I'm not sure if it's just out on the PS3 at this moment in time or what. There's quite a few people who've got it, half of them obviously already moaning about it as usual. I'm guessing it's just about waiting for it to tell you it's available to download.

Also, can anybody shed any light on this DLC bullshit. There's a small article about how it's supposed to be realesed in March, which makes no sense at all, but I'm guessing it's wrong anyway?