Doctor Who

Benji

Is anyone else just not feeling excited about this series? Usually I can't wait to see it but this year I'm just kind of iffy about it. Nothing to do with Capaldi, he's the part I'm looking forward to, but after the last pretty bad series and the fact Clara is carrying on as companion I just don't feel like it's worth getting hyped up over.

I get where you're coming from. If I'm honest the Christmas special kinda put me off. I really didn't connect with that episode (except the last five minutes or so) at all. I'm also put off by the hype about Capaldi being "darker". I know that's probably just meaningless hype but I don't really want Doctor Who to be any darker than it has been.

On the plus side they tied up most of the overlapping narratives so hopefully the show isn't baggaged by some of that anymore and they can just romp around in space and time for a bit. The last episode kind of jumbled a whole lot of unfinished plot points together as if to say "let's just get these nuisances out of the way" so that gives me hope.

• Like 1

Wonder from that promo how many episodes it'll be before the Daleks show up?

(I'm world class sick of the Daleks)

Oh, and not thrilled of the idea of a darker Doctor.....unless they mean that Capaldi gets a tan. I do, however, want a more active Doctor. Bring back the Venusian Akido that the Third Doctor used, and use the sonic screwdriver less often (yeah, like that'll happen.....).

Edited by GhostMachine

The Fourth Doctor hit people more often than people tend to think nowadays too. He's not really opposed to using a bit of violence.
I'd be hugely surprised if they'd go that way now though.

I reckon they'll get the Daleks out of the way quite quickly. Moffat doesn't like them does he? The Daleks have been used so strangely since he took over. They start of scheming and brilliant in Victory but then get rebooted into those big colourful things, then they kind of half arse the big colourful things because they realised they were a bit tacky and then there's Asylum which is good (well, the Dalek bits are good, the Amy/Rory thing is....yeah) but invovles a whole new "hive mind" thing (which I'm not sure makes that much sense) but mostly they just pop up in the background of things. It kind of feels like their a bit of a pain to have around at this point.

I'd like to see them go back to their early days, if you catch parts of Master Plan, Power and Evil you get a real sence of how the daleks should be, manipulative, cold hearted and ruthless.

In Master Plan they have manipulated a council of planets to create the time destructor and they have Mavc Chen as the spokes person for the council and they lead him to believe he is an equal to them only for them to kill him and try and use the time destructor. In Power they convince a scientiest examining their escape pod and wind up building a small army and then in Evil they want to try anc capture the "human element" so they are not as robotic and the Doctor changes the machine to turn 3 daleks into questioning kids who then question the emperors guards which then sparks a cival war.

THIS IS AWESOME *clap clap clapclapclap* THIS IS AWESOME *clap clap clapclapclap*

Was watching Day of the Doctor again and noticed a bit of a plothole

when 11 and 10 meet, 11 looks at 10 and says "Oh its skinny, properly skinny. I've never seen it from the outside"...talking about 10s body, but he has seen what he looked like from the outside...in Doomsday when he was cloned. He knows exactly what he looks like

• Like 1

Five of the Doctor Who scripts for next series have been leaked so bear that in mind when trying to avoid spoilers.

Now there are reports that the first episode has been leaked online in a rough edit, its in black and white with no special effects and has BBC Worldwide watermarks, from one of the reports its from a translation copy of the episode.

An image is in the spoiler to show what the footage would be like, it isnt really spoiler worthy since its a basic shot but still spoilered for those who wish to avoid.

53307.jpg