Doctor Who

Benji

That's how you do a character development episode, not that nonsense two weeks ago. The Tardis scene where Pink stated that The Doctor wasn't a soldier because he was an officer was superb.

Also, Chris Addison and Sue White (I don't care what her name is) have me excited for the end game.

• Like 1

Average episode with a good ending. Really not sure where they're taking this season but I like it despite a really rocky start.

I'm wondering if the heaven stuff is leading to The Doctor questioning his regeneration and asking if he should've died, and if so would he have gone to 'heaven' or 'hell'? Seems like his judgment has become far more questionable since his regeneration.

The mummy running around the orient express in space was mentioned in the last episode of Matt Smith's first series right? Or have I made that up? I seem to remember them mentioning something similar and thinking that it sounded like a cool Christmas special and then we got something else. I wonder if that'll be mentioned.

I think Matt Smith mentioned something about an Egyptian princess/goddess running wild on the Orient Express at the end of the Big Bang. I could be wrong, it's been a long time since I last watched that.

As for this week's episode, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I felt the spiders were underused, and what was supposed to be a very scary story actually wasn't that scary in the end, but the drama of the last 5 mins made up for that. The BBC were hyping up this episode as a 'game-changer' prior to airing, and in a way it was, but not in the 'Doctor gets somebody killed' way that many people were expecting. It now looks like we don't have a full-time companion for Capaldi's Doctor (at least for the time being), so next week is going to be extremely interesting...

Speaking of next week, that trailer was awesome. This one really does look like it could be terrifying (they couldn't put scenes of the mummy in the pre-series trailers, apparently, because it was too scary for daytime viewing), plus Frank Skinner's in it so it automatically has my interest

I wasn't impressed at the start of the trailer but when the mummy started running amok it added the feel of being stuck on board something VERY hemmed in (carriages narrow, only so many carriages to run away to) and Frank Skinner turned up which cheered me up even more. I've been waiting for his appearance this series.

Also, the week after that is an episode called "Flatline" which was directed by the same guy that directed Listen and Time Heist which were far and away my two favourite episodes so far this series....So I'll be looking forward to that.