Doctor Who

Benji

Explanation of my friend's problem with Moffat:

You can't just explain everything with wibbly wobbly timey wimey non linear nonsense and then placate us all with references! MAAAAAAAAAN!

Two things:

1) Mmmyeah he can.

2) I think she hates fun. :shifty:

There's been times over the last few years where some of that's actually possibly justified but who cares tonight? Tonight wasn't about telling a great story so much as telling a fun story and they delivered that in bucket loads.

Yeah, okay, that was awesome.

We kind of knew that the Daleks survived the Time War, really, given how many of them have appeared since. The Doctor just couldn't remember why it happened, so we never could see how. Though I was suspicious until the end if only because of the fact that it was "Bad Wolf" that the Moment was portrayed as.

Lovely to see Baker's cameo too, though I think having both that and the cameo at the end of An Adventure earlier in the week was an awkward juxtaposition. But it does seem to imply that he'll survive on past his final life in that role - presumably it'll be something given to him by the High Council on Gallifrey if they ever want to.

Also, given that they had Davison and McGann for example who still could kind of pull off their original looks in an easy shot, I think I'd have preferred to see them than archive footage of Ecclestone. I mean, I'd much rather just a quick cameo of Ecclestone too, ala you-know-who.

• Like 1

On the "13th doctor is the last regeneration" thing, River Song gave the Doctor her regeneration energy after only 2 regenerations, it is an easy way round the rule of 13 to state that he has gained her other 10 regenerations.

• Like 1

I went to see it in the Cinema last night. 2 screens completely full, people dressed up. It was brilliant. Cineworld were handing out Jelly Babies and it just felt like a celebration.

The special was brilliant. There were so many brilliant references to the past. And I loved the cameos. Loved it so much I came back and watched it again on iPlayer.

Curious if anybody watched it in 3D and how it was.

The 3D was pretty good actually. Worked really well for the paintings especially. Never felt overly forced though which was good

Also, given that they had Davison and McGann for example who still could kind of pull off their original looks in an easy shot, I think I'd have preferred to see them than archive footage of Ecclestone. I mean, I'd much rather just a quick cameo of Ecclestone too, ala you-know-who.

Ecclestone doesn't seem to want anything to do with it. I couldn't stand him as the Doctor anyway, so I'm glad to not have him anywhere near it again. I'd have loved to have seen McGann involved more, but at least he got a great little short to build up to it. Davison would have been really nice to see in some capacity, though.

The thing is, it was 75 minutes long, and already had an absurd amount to fit in. I think they got it just right. Much more, and it would have felt overly cluttered, I think.

• Like 1

Just a thought on the 13 regenerations "rule", that I'm amazed has only just occurred to me; he's only actually regenerated - including Capaldi - 12 times. The first Doctor wasn't a regeneration, that was just him.

Just a thought on the 13 regenerations "rule", that I'm amazed has only just occurred to me; he's only actually regenerated - including Capaldi - 12 times. The first Doctor wasn't a regeneration, that was just him.

The rule is twelve regenerations with thirteen incarnations.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Regeneration#Regenerative_cycle

Also was it me or wasthe whole UNIT/zygons situation in the bunker just glossed over when they left to "save" Galifrey.

Also more news on Marco Polo, suposably the Mirror article I likned is wrong, bothof these reports from the Doctor Who Archive site.

Missing Episodes: Marco Polo Sent to Apple, Mirror Article Wrong

As ever all rumours come from a variety of sources and may be true, true in part or completely false, they should not be repeated as fact nor taken as anything other than the rumours they are until there is confirmation from official sources.

Sources have indicated that yesterdays Mirror article is inaccurate on a number of points and Marco Polo was in fact found by Phil Morris in Ethiopia, it will be being announced alongside some combination of The Massacre, The Myth Makers, The Macra Terror or The Daleks Masterplan either at the same time or in the coming weeks. Marco Polo is already with Apple and prepared for release.

The article either has completely misunderstood the restoration process and tele-recording or two facts have been fused together, namely the recovery of Marco Polo and the recovery of home recorded episodes of The Daleks Masterplan.

We should know by the end of the year the entire extent of the missing episode recovery.

Marco Polo Possibly To Be Announced Tonight at the BFI

Sources and online chatter is once again indicating a strong possibility that Marco Polo, possibly more, will be announced as having being found tonight at the BFI during the Doctor Who Afterparty.

Phil Morris was earlier interviewed at Excel where he stated he couldnt say anything more about possible recoveries and rumours are circling that the TIEA boss will either be live at the Afterparty or interviewed during the show.

This is by no means certain and sources have varied on the matter all week, maybe indicating changing decisions or the secret nature of the project.

As ever all rumours come from a variety of sources and may be true, true in part or completely false, they should not be repeated as fact nor taken as anything other than the rumours they are until there is confirmation from official sources.

• Like 1

Also was it me or wasthe whole UNIT/zygons situation in the bunker just glossed over when they left to "save" Galifrey.

They made a truce. The humans keep earth but the zygons could have the parts no one wanted, like Detroit.

• Like 1

That was to make the deal fair. Obviously you'd be pissed off if you had to live in Detroit but the humans were there first. They had to live in Detroit for decades, only fair the smelly ugly aliens have to take their turn at it.