Doctor Who

Benji

Beginning of the Doctor Who finale tonight, according to reports next weeks final episode is going to be an hour long.

Also for those interested tomorrow Drama will be starting its Doctor Who Sundays with an omnibus episode of The Aztecs followed by Adventures in Space and Time.

That was really good. One of those episodes where I really didn't notice the time go by, and was left really excited for next weeks episode.

This is why two part finales work so well.

Anyone who didn't see that reveal coming a mile away probably needs sunglasses and a white cane. Seriously, it was waaaaaay too obvious.

Figured out who she was in her first appearance, because she was sort of channeling the Anthony Ainley version a bit, and Missy = short for Mistress was extremely obvious. Wearing black was the final nail in that particular coffin. I was hoping for a swerve and that it would turn out to be the Rani. Would make more sense, because this little scheme seems to be more in her wheelhouses than his....I mean hers.

I can't wait for the explanation of how he/she escaped the time lock and ending up with the other Time Lords.

Something being "obvious" doesn't make it bad, but sure, lord it up that you were so smart and figured it out rather than enjoying one of the best episodes in years.

• Like 11

Pretty good episode and way to end the series. Capaldi is a great Doctor and has made some good performances from some lackluster scripts. I was a bit disappointed that

Missy just vanished though and there was really no explanation for her lying about Gallifrey being there and for the Doctor lying to Clara about finding it. I am glad Mr Pink is gone though. Something about him just irked me to no end.

The Brigadier scene in the graveyard got to me emotionally in a way nothing has for a long time.

The sort of cliffhanger ending intrigues me but I'm jaded enough by generally poor writing that even the last two episodes being good don't give me high hopes for the next season. I hate that the Xmas special was advertised not even 5 seconds after the end of a supposedly emotional episode/companion arc. They could've at least waited until the end of the credits to erase my goodwill.

I really hope Moffat leaves the show after next season.....

Top notch season finale. But...

I'm hoping Missy actually teleported out right at (or before) the shot fired by the Cyber-Brigadier hit. Because the Master actually returning from the dead....again....would suck. And I definitely want her to face the current Doctor again.

(I'm guessing the Cyber-Brigadier probably flew off and self-destructed like the other Cybermen?)

Definitely gave Pink one hell of a sendoff, but at the same time its kind of a bittersweet/borderline shitty one for Clara if Jenna Coleman really is done with the show. At least Pink went out a real hero.

But....WTF? with the Santa Claus thing. Should have done it post-credits instead of part of the way through.

Hopefully next season will be more about the Doctor actually trying to find Gallifrey.

And I want more UNIT, rather than them popping up once a season.