Doctor Who

Benji

• 1 month later...

Barring Rory and Amy, she's already the longest running companion of the revived series, and will be the longest running if she makes it to the end of the series, which is pretty damn astonishing considering she's been less liked than any other companion the new series has had.

EDIT : In fact, technically this is ALL companions, not just revived Who. Baffling lack of awareness of Moffat and co.

Edited by Benji

There's a whacking huge difference between Amy and Rory and Clara. I don't believe most people would have had a problem if Amy and Rory had stuck around longer than they did. But like Ruki said, Clara has overstayed her welcome. I was hugely disappointed that the Christmas special was a false exit. Clara is way too controlling, and I hope whoever replaces her is either eccentric or alien. Or both. We need a more humorous companion.

I also hope Clara gets a happy ending, with Mr. Pink restored to life.

Osgood is apparently coming back somehow, and she'd make an interesting choice....provided we actually find out what her full name is.

Pfft, I like Clara and don't have a problem with her. However, she should have gone in the Xmas special.

I can honestly say this is the first season of Doctor Who I'm not looking forward to. The only thing I'm excited for is... (rumoured spoiler)

Maisie Williams as Jenny, and even that might not actually be.

Moffat stated the other day that he wanted people not to be sure if they were getting two parters or not, and that annoys me, because he's clearly more bothered about trying to trick viewers with his usual bullshit than actually telling a decent story, which he's actually good at if he focuses on a single episode, he's just a terrible show runner.

I haven't looked forward to the last few but I've watched them anyway. This year I'm actively uninterested and will probably only watch them if I'm home and my Mum is watching them.

Every episode should be a two-parter minimum, individual episodes seem rushed and skip over what could become much more interesting plot points/cliff hangers by resolving them in seconds.

For me the vast majority of two parters go something like:

PART 1: Ooooh, building something really atmospheric and interesting here.....Great cliffhanger!.......

PART 2: So the cliffhanger was sorted in seconds and all the mystery vanishes as we head towards a cheesy, obvious end.

• Like 2