Doctor Who

Benji

Underwhelmed?! Capaldi is amazing.

I just don't feel as excited as when Tenant was announced or even Eccleston.

He just seems a bit...bland i guess. He doesn't exactly pop off the screen with charisma.

I'm guessing you haven't seen The Thick of It, or, like, any of his appearances on British TV. The guy has charisma and and talent to spare. Cracking choice, will get me watching again.

• Like 2

I like the casting. Peter Capaldi is really a great actor.

The fact he was in the Pompeii episode is a bit of a non-entity, they've cast actors who were in one off episodes before in major roles.

Star Trek cast the same people all the time in different roles too! (David Werner had prominent roles in back to back Star Trek films as different characters!)

• Like 1

Man, I'm 45 years behind on Doctor Who but this still excites me.

(And no, I'm not skipping ahead to the last few years' worth of stuff, DON'T SUGGEST IT. I'M DOING IT RIGHT.)

I think a lot of us were expecting Capaldi (the bookies stopped taking bets on him) but it's a still a great choice. He has a boatload of charisma and it's refreshing to see an 'older' Doctor again. I look forward to seeing actual footage from the show with him on it