The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

I was completely and totally sceptical when I found out Bethesda were making it, then even more so when I started seeing the first few screens. But many gameplay videos later, previews and banter with friends have made me want this game more than I want the air around me. One of the achievements is "Discover 100 locations", that just gives me an image of the sheer fucking scope of this game. Im just hoping/praying it doesnt play TOO much like Oblivion because I dont want people linking the Fallout Series with Elder Scrolls.

At first, I was like "ARGH!" when I found out Bethesda was doing the game because, being a major fan of #1 and #2, I would so want the developers to go back to the old 2D engine and make Fallout 3 in lieu of the second one, which means awesome. But as I knew Bethesda were going to bugger it all with 3D graphics up the arse I thought, "Well hopefully the production is going to fail and somebody can make it a worthwhile game."

Well, I am glad that it didnt. This game looks great and I cant wait for it to hit the stores.

Mine is named Paws and is a dog. He had one ear pinned down and the other floppy. When I was too old for him, I gave him to my sister, she unpinned his ear and now he has two floppy ears. I was mad at her.

When she was too old for him, I took him back and now he's in my wardrobe.

He is the best teddy.

Mine is named Paws and is a dog. He had one ear pinned down and the other floppy. When I was too old for him, I gave him to my sister, she unpinned his ear and now he has two floppy ears. I was mad at her.

When she was too old for him, I took him back and now he's in my wardrobe.

He is the best teddy.

Did you fix his ear, though?

• 1 month later...

Surprised this game hasn't seen more attention. I bought it this morning, only had time to get just past the intro. My experiences with this game are as follows:

-Attempt to sneak out of vault with minimum attention.

-Fail at sneaking out of vault, discover 2 security guards and overseer interrogating overseer's daughter/my friend. Get attacked by 2 security guards and vault overseer. Kill guards with pistol, run out of bullets, beat overseer to death in front of his daughter with club taken from dead guards.

-Escape vault.

-Wander in wasteland.

-Get attacked by monstrous mutant dog and mole. Beat them to death with club.

-Find ruined farm.

-Find family of giant spiders in farm.

-Run from family of giant spiders.

-Find rifle.

-Get cocky about fighting family of giant spiders.

-Realize I didn't find any bullets for rifle.

-Run from family of giant spiders.

-fun from flying thing that can shoot at me.

-find abandoned neighborhood.

-steal metro tickets from mailbox.

-hear gunshots.

-investigate source of gunshots.

-die in hail of gunfire from unseen assailant.

This game is awesome.

• Like 3

So....I found myself midway into a quest without accepting it. I went into a house just outside of the Vault, and this chick asked if I was here to collect money for this guy....made it sound like I already accepted the quest....looted her house and decided to go ot the school and fight some raiders.

So....I found myself midway into a quest without accepting it. I went into a house just outside of the Vault, and this chick asked if I was here to collect money for this guy....made it sound like I already accepted the quest....looted her house and decided to go ot the school and fight some raiders.

I did the exact same thing except I took money from her to tell the guy to stay away from her. However, reaching the guy I never got the option to tell him anything.

I got money out of it, though. :shifty:

Yeah, I had the same thing happen.

Clearing out the school was fun, but it made me a bit too cocky when I got to the Bethesda Ruins.

And I totally blew the Overseer's fucking head the fuck off without even thought one for the fact that it might bounce off and land in his daughter's lap. She was... nonplussed by said development.

Never played any of the first 2 fallouts, or any of its spinoffs...will that affect how enjoyable this game is? The reviews sound great so I wanna try it

I did the exact same thing except I took money from her to tell the guy to stay away from her. However, reaching the guy I never got the option to tell him anything.

I got money out of it, though. :shifty:

I got good karma out of it..........so I stole some of her Psyco to make up for it. Fucking junkie.