The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

So, what'd you do in Megaton? It was damn tempting to just detonate the bomb. Simms came to arrest Mr. Burke, then Mr. Burke killed him, so I had to kill Burke. After that, I disarmed the bomb. I couldn't get entry into Tenpenny Tower anymore, so I figured I might as well let the people in Megaton live. Good fun. I also killed the Overseer in the Vault because I really didn't have much of a choice, and the girl whose name escapes me was PISSSSSSSSSEDDDDD. I wasn't getting his password and key from him and he came at me first, so he needed to die.

What else? Getting radiation poisoning sucked balls considering how fucking slowly I was moving. I just had to go for the 600 as opposed to 200. Oh, and I cannot find the Family for the fucking life of me. I've searched all three locations and nothing, though Hamilton's Hideout kept leading to me dying because of low supplies and raiders after a massive firefight with the super mutants. So, they could very well be there. Traversing Landmines ought to be fun. And fuck Moriarti. I was an idiot and fucked myself over by trying to coerce him, then I fucked myself over with getting the information from Gob, too. Now I need to pay 300 caps if I wanna find out where my dad went, and considering the size of the Wasteland I'd probably get lost just trying to randomly wander. I looked it up online and it said he's 'to the East of Megaton', but that's pretty fucking vague. Plus, I kinda don't want to spoil it and use a guide anyway.

So, what'd you do in Megaton? It was damn tempting to just detonate the bomb. Simms came to arrest Mr. Burke, then Mr. Burke killed him, so I had to kill Burke. After that, I disarmed the bomb. I couldn't get entry into Tenpenny Tower anymore, so I figured I might as well let the people in Megaton live. Good fun. I also killed the Overseer in the Vault because I really didn't have much of a choice, and the girl whose name escapes me was PISSSSSSSSSEDDDDD. I wasn't getting his password and key from him and he came at me first, so he needed to die.

What else? Getting radiation poisoning sucked balls considering how fucking slowly I was moving. I just had to go for the 600 as opposed to 200. Oh, and I cannot find the Family for the fucking life of me. I've searched all three locations and nothing, though Hamilton's Hideout kept leading to me dying because of low supplies and raiders after a massive firefight with the super mutants. So, they could very well be there. Traversing Landmines ought to be fun. And fuck Moriarti. I was an idiot and fucked myself over by trying to coerce him, then I fucked myself over with getting the information from Gob, too. Now I need to pay 300 caps if I wanna find out where my dad went, and considering the size of the Wasteland I'd probably get lost just trying to randomly wander. I looked it up online and it said he's 'to the East of Megaton', but that's pretty fucking vague. Plus, I kinda don't want to spoil it and use a guide anyway.

Talk to Nova in the bar, she will tell you to hack the terminal in the back. Then search through the notes to find out where your Daddy went.

And fuck Moriarti. I was an idiot and fucked myself over by trying to coerce him, then I fucked myself over with getting the information from Gob, too. Now I need to pay 300 caps if I wanna find out where my dad went, and considering the size of the Wasteland I'd probably get lost just trying to randomly wander. I looked it up online and it said he's 'to the East of Megaton', but that's pretty fucking vague. Plus, I kinda don't want to spoil it and use a guide anyway.

You're lucky. I blew up Megaton before I got the info on my dads whereabouts and had to go wandering around until I received a clue from a radio station. I still had no clue as how to get there though, so I had to look it up online.

So now people have had a chance to play the game, SDM I'm looking at you, is VATS just the targetted system from the first games in fancy 3D or is there more to it?

Does that make it any less awesome when you blow off a dude's arm? No. I think the ease of VATS is balanced out by the fact that same enemies will take a lot of hits to go down. For example, you blow off a raider's arm and he's obviously fucked, but a mutant's a fucking bitch to bring down, especially if they have a minigun.

Yea, I was about to point out, even if you use VATS, to say shoot someone in the face, point blank, it doesn't take everyone out. There was a supermutant earlier, where it took me 3 VATS shots to the face to end him.

Also, in case anyone doesn't know (which I didn't before I got it) you can only use VATS a limited amount of times. It takes up AP points to use it. Although is does regenerate at a fairly decent speed, you'll have moments where you go to use it, only to see the "Low AP" message, and you can't...which when you're being swarmed, is not a good thing.

But I think I made the mistake of going to far, to early, considering I was facing swarms of supermutants and raiders, and I'm barely level 3. Yea, I quickly chose to fast travel back to Megaton lol.

It's more simplified from the old game since called shots to the eyes and groin have been removed. Which pisses me off. No more cunt punching.

I just made myself the Rock-It Launcher. Now I just need to get some random trash to fire.

Also, the combat shotgun is a life saver, I just need more ammo. I was killing Super Mutants in one shot. Fucking fire ants are bastards though.

I saw a tv commercial for this tonight. I heard what I know is the series more of less catchphrase "War. War never changes"

Any chance of the line in Metal Gear Solid 4, in the beginning, when Snake says "War has changed" being a reference to this?

I saw a tv commercial for this tonight. I heard what I know is the series more of less catchphrase "War. War never changes"

Any chance of the line in Metal Gear Solid 4, in the beginning, when Snake says "War has changed" being a reference to this?

It's possible. Ron Perlman has been using that line since the original Fallout for his opening dialog.

After spending some time with the game I'm pleasantly surprised. Through the development I was skeptical it would amount to anything more than Oblivion with guns but it's a vast improvement over Oblivion. Not the kind of sequel I would have really liked for Fallout 2, but it's a fun post apocalyptic action RPG.

I just made myself the Rock-It Launcher. Now I just need to get some random trash to fire.

Also, the combat shotgun is a life saver, I just need more ammo. I was killing Super Mutants in one shot. Fucking fire ants are bastards though.

THIS! FUCKING THIS! OH MY GOD ARE THEY EVIL! I am goign into their nest, and I am afraid of wasting ammo :(