The Place Where Fallout Purists Whine

At the REPCONN test site, I assume?

I'd consider getting a better weapon than a baseball bat. Machete might work.

What's your melee weapon skill then?

Also, what armor are you using?

Edited by OctoberRavenO

I just found the Tesla-Beaton Prototype. And gathered quite the collection of missiles for the Boomers. Awesome.

I've already completed the main quest, now I'm back on my save before I went into the Hoover Dam battle, trying to complete, well, mostly everything. I'm just wandering around right now, discovering new locations and whatnot.

One shot to the head from even a single barrel shotgun usually kills them, for me anyway. If that doesn't work, I'll blast them across the desert with the Anti-Material Rifle. I love that fucking gun, but it does kind of make things too easy. But, fuck it, who cares.

I'm sad that you guys are all celebrating the fact that one of the greatest RPG series of the 90s is now a shooter.

Get a fucking grip, it's a game. We can play it however we choose. And I use an anti-tank rifle on just about anything, because I have enough ammo for the thing that I can freely do what I want with it.

Anyway. Anybody explored the Grand Canyon or whatever that is right infront of Hoover Dam? Thought I might as well since it's right here, and I might find the Burning Man or something. I'm doing it right now (Lily somehow followed me down there), and I've only encountered two Mirelurks so far. Easy as pie. It was guarding two explosives crates with some good loot in it, and then a little way's past that one, the other one was guarding a skeleton with a duffle bag that had some more good loot. I just hope I can FAST TRAVEL out of here.

• Like 3

No. I'm pretty sure you can side with NCR, Mr. House, Yes Man or the Legion in the final battle, just depends on which quests you complete for the factions. Up until the last 2 hours of the game (for me), I was working for the Legion, then I decided to work with Yes Man.

Just picked this up the other day, loving it so far. Have you guys been to the Helios One plant? And was everyone else as evil as I was in deciding what to do with all that solar power? Unfortunately I had Boone with me at the time and he didn't take too kindly to that particular choice, so we had a showdown on top of the satellite tower. No bleeding hearts in my camp! Now my companions consist of a senile old lady Super Mutant who thinks I'm her grandson, and a cyber-dog I got from the leader of the gang of Elvis impersonators. Yeah, this game's awesome.

Weaponizing it is a pretty cool thing, but as a weapon it's kind of impractical unless you're REALLY good at stealth.

It's really powerful though. I first used it on the Silver Rush guard, Veronica having the bright idea to melee with him. Silver Rush guard takes it at point blank and dies, Veronica, who I have equipped with Brotherhood Power Armor at 100% condition, lost about 75% of her health and got knocked onto her knees.

I'm also sporting some power armor, albeit unmarked T51-b. Only problem is Veronica has to carry my sarsparillas.

Oh, and Rex died like five minuites after I fixed him. Partly my fault because I decided to open fire on the mercs.

My current character is a selfish evil two-timing bitch, so I decided that she would take her anti-material rifle and kill everyone in Jacobstown, just so she can have a nice secluded place in the mountains to enjoy the fresh air while eating a fresh roasted Fiend Leg.

She's eventually going Legion, though. Partly because it's the only ending I haven't seen yet, partly because having a couple dozen slaves who can be replaced whenever she gets hungry for some 'extra tender beef' appeals to her.

Edited by OctoberRavenO