What If?...

TMM

Guest UmpireAJS

You sir made me angry with No Jeff Jarrett in the card/or in attendance, we need more JJ here.Alright,so I am a JJ mark.

PREDICTIONS

WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Booker T

WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Storm and Awesome

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Jamie Noble

WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr.

Nick Dinsmore

Chris Kanyon

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Booker T ©

Mike Awesome and Lance Storm vs. Sean O'Haire and Chuck Palumbo ©

Jamie Knoble vs. 'Sugar' Shane Helms ©

The Jung Dragons vs. Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr. ©

SPECIAL ATTRACTION’ MATCH

Mark Jindrak vs. ‘Ironman’ Nick Dinsmore

’SPECIAL ATTRACTION’ MATCH

Chris Kanyon vs. Rico Constantino

Guest Samson1320

Predictions

-- Chapter Fourteen --

Sunday 6th May 2001

Confronting Big Sexy

Bischoff had spoken to Kevin Nash the night before and said he needed to see him urgently the next day. Nash agreed to speak to him at his place at 1 in the afternoon. He knew that he couldn't let Nash keep the 'guaranteed title reign' stip in his contract, and that he would have to convince him to drop it. One thing he knew that he could not do; he knew that he could not let Nash in on the fact that neither Flair nor Sting knew about their little conversation about the title reign stip. He knew that only bad could come of it. Bischoff had driven over to Nash's place; it was a nice place, big, nice and...nice. As soon as he went inside, he was greeted by Kevin Nash and invited into the living room.

Nash: So boss, what's this 'big important, urgent matter' you needed to talk to me about?

Bischoff: Its...

Nash: Oh yeah, am I booked on the May 12th card?

Bischoff: Well, we'll talk about that in a little while, right now I need to talk to you about your contract.

Nash: Oh? What about it?

Bischoff: Well...you know I promised you a guaranteed World title reign? Well...I...as you know, it hasn't officially been put into the contract...

Nash: No, but you gave me your word remember? You said that you wouldn't try and screw with me Eric, so what are you getting at?

Bischoff: Well I...what I'm trying to say is, I can't guarantee you the reign anymore. It's just not right. I can't do it.

Nash: Oh, so you're just going back on your word then eh Eric? I thought you were a bigger man than that! So what; you gonna try and talk me into working for you know? After you went back on your word?

'This isn't going to well...'

Bischoff: Look, the thing is, I can't guarantee you the World title reign for a number of reasons. I mean, Ric and Steve don't...

Nash: What was that?

'Oh shit. Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!'

Bischoff: I uh, uh...nothing.

Nash: So, lemme get this straight; you haven't told Steve or Ric about this at all have you? You made this decision all on your lonesome, and didn't tell your new business partners about it did you?

'Ah nuts, I'm screwed'

Bischoff: Not, exactly. Look, how about a compromise? I mean, how about I pull some strings and bring in Scott Hall? I know he's looking for work at the moment, and I can bring him in! Put him on the same wage that you're on and all, I mean, that'd be good right?

Nash: So why didn't you tell them eh Bisch? Methinks you weren't suppose to do this were ya?

Bischoff: Look Kevin, forget what I said, you can have the World title reign, let's just forget this conversation ever happened...

Bischoff stood up and went to leave, as he knew that if he stayed, he would only dig himself a deeper grave if he stayed any longer.

Nash: Woah man, you do remember that I'm already doing a favour for you don't ya? Why don't we just make this title reign your way of paying me back eh?

Bischoff: I...ok. Alright Kevin, you win, but you've got to promise me that you won't tell Ric or Steve; if they know, then I'm done. For that matter, I don't think they'll put the title round your waist either!

Nash: No sweat Eric, it'll be our little secret. Oh, one last thing; don't try and screw me Eric, because I'll screw right back!

Bischoff gulped and stood up to leave again.

Nash: See ya!

Bischoff left Nash's home and as soon as the front door closed behind him, he looked up in the sky and shook his arms as he said quietly, 'Why? Why?'

'SPECIAL ATTRACTION’ MATCH

Definatley like the way Bish is trying to undermine Sting and Flair, it will be intresting to see how that pans out. I can see Nash trying to screw WCW when Eric can't keep to his word.

I agree with what Umpire AJS said about Jarrett, Jeff Jarrett in WCW was always a big plus to me, hopefully you will bring him into the picture somewhere down the line.

I liked the last chapter, Eric is so screwed now. Maybe with proper built then Flair/Sting will agree with Nash being champ? Hiring Scott Hall would be too obvious and to Flair/Sting it would be worse than giving Nash the belt since Flair hates Hall and they wouldn't want him around again. Anyways good read and looking forward to the next chapter.

...all i can say is AWESOME!

'SPECIAL ATTRACTION’ MATCH

Becuz... WHO BETTA, THAN KANYON?

Definatley like the way Bish is trying to undermine Sting and Flair, it will be intresting to see how that pans out. I can see Nash trying to screw WCW when Eric can't keep to his word.

I agree with what Umpire AJS said about Jarrett, Jeff Jarrett in WCW was always a big plus to me, hopefully you will bring him into the picture somewhere down the line.

Yeah Double J needs to be brought in for sure and he needs to be in the main event area to. I'd love for another DDP/Jarrett feud whether its over the World Title or not. What about Goldberg too? He needs to be brought in as well somewhere down the line somehow, maybe try doing a heel turn all over again for him with it being good. Also I say don't screw Nash, it'll be interesting to see what happens here though and I could see Bischoff giving him the World Title match with Nash expected to win, but then being screwed out somehow. We'll have to see, get that show up soon or some new updates, I want more :)

Thanks for all the responces and praise, just to let people know, Goldberg and Jeff Jarrett will be involved in some form or the other at the PPV. I didn't list them...simply because I forgot about JJ, and...well, you'll see about Goldberg. :P

Unfortunetly, you'll have to do without this diary for about a week, I'm going on holiday to Spain 2moro, and I get back early hours of Friday morning next week, but when I get back, expect the show up within the week.

Predictions

• 2 weeks later...

Right, I am back!

I'm writing up the show right now, and will probably be up some time 2moro maybe. I'm gonna be doing an attempt at a humorous review...which'll probably suck, but meh. I'm not going to put the ratings in the matches or anything. I just don't think it's needed. I'll put my own star ratings, so unless people desperatly want the % ratings, they won't be in.

user posted image

The Second Coming – Saturday May 12th 2001

We are LIVE at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia

Your hosts are Tony Schiavone and…Jerry “the King” Lawler? Wahey! No more Scott “dull as dish-water” Hudson

The show starts with some nice flashbacks to the “Night of Champions”, and shows a little rundown of the card. Apparently, Nick Dinsmore is going over tonight! Say it isn’t so! Gotta admit though, loved the whole Flair promo at the beginning of the last Nitro, and the ending was a good way to go as well.

The commentators introduce themselves, and Tony Schiavone nearly creams himself at the idea of sitting next to Jerry Lawler. Why? You’ve got me. He heaps as much praise on Lawler as you’d see Kevin Nash give himself. He calls him Jerry “the Legend, the King” Lawler, as if it couldn’t get any more corny every two seconds. King sounds like he is excited as muck to be there, but apparently he was on the verge of re-signing with the WWF with Stacy “trailer trash” Carter, but that all broke down, so he ended up here. Hopefully his talentless, waste of space wife doesn’t end up on the pay-roll as well. They run down the card, and it becomes more and more apparent that Lawler is going to be taking cheap shots at the WWF every time he has a chance. So far we’ve had, “Nick Dinsmore, a brilliant technical wrestler worked for another company before coming here and didn’t get a look in, same with Rico Constantino.” We’ve also had, “It’s great when people brag about getting something, winning something, BUYING A COMPANY, but then they fall flat on their face.” Ouch, bitter much? Well, some things will never change, as the cruiserweights open a WCW pay-per-view for the sixth time in a row.

WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team titles: Jung Dragons w/ Leia Meow (!!!) vs. the Disgusting, Rotten, Despicable, Icky, Filthy Animals ©

Yang and Billy start out, with Leia’s boobs catching my attention. My my…she’s quite a hot tamale isn’t she? I’ll tell you what; I’ll go all serious for all the other matches if you let me just watch her on the outside. No? Fuck you then. Selfish bastards. Kidman and Yang are flying all over the shop in the early going, with Kidman cutting Yang’s head with scissors…that means he hit a head scissors. Stoopid. Yang gets back to his feet starts to kick the shit out of Kidman and tags in Kaz as the Dragons set up Kidman on Yang’s shoulders for Kaz to come off the top with a cool looking neckbreaker. After watching a tape of the “Night of Champions”, I realised this match was going to be a BITCH to follow, because everything was happening at the same time and there was no time to breathe. At least with the WWF’s TLC matches there were seconds between bits of action, with the cruiserweight teams you’ve got one thing happening here, another there, and jeez is it mad. Rey has just tagged in off a springboard dropkick from Kidman to Hayashi and has just messed up Kaz’s hair with a springboard hurricanrana getting a near fall. Oh god…Leia is rubbing her but on the outside…what do you mean there’s a match going on? But her bum is better than Rey Rey’s! Anyhooo…Rey drops a headbutt onto the chest of Kaz, but gets killed dead with a kick to the jaw that literally echoed around the arena. This match is actually quite similar to the number one contenders match they had back at the end of March, except that match had Three Count, but if you look at that match, take out Shannon Moore and Evan Karagias, you’ve got a very similar one to this. We’re at the 7-minute mark, and everyone has dived off the top rope about 77 times by now, and the fans are still cheering like crazy for everything. Both the Dragons are on the outside, and Leia is going over to check on them. NO!!! No, get away from there…ah jeez. Kidman just wiped all three of them out with a Shooting Star Press to the outside, which was friggin awesome, BUT HE HIT LEIA!!! Kidman struggles to his feet and throws Yang inside the ring to Rey Rey, who runs up the turnbuckle and hits a deep armdrag. Yang oversold it slightly by sliding into the OPPOSITE turnbuckle! Hey, Leia’s still alive…and she’s going in the ring? Oh, title belt in hand, nasty little minx ain’t she? Rey has Yang up, Leia’s standing behind with the belt. Swing…and a miss! Rey ducked and she cleaned Yang’s clock with the belt! Rey Rey steals my move, and places Leia Meow across his knee and spanks the holy heck out of her bum. Meanwhile, back in the actual MATCH, Kidman hits the Kid Krusher on Kaz for the victory and predicted title defence. Leia buggers off up the ramp, leaving her charges in the ring as the Animals celebrate the win.

Rundown

Winners and STILL WCW Cruiserweight Tag Team champions: the Filthy Animals (11:32)

Good, hot opener to get the crowd into the event. Putting the cruisers on first has both pros and cons. The pros are they get the crowd into the event and all warmed up, but the cons are they are usually hard to follow with the amount of dead weight WCW use to have. Mind you, Rico Constantino and Chris Kanyon ain’t no dead weight! The right result, and a nice little match.

*** - Hot opener, got the fans and me into it, but I really hope that EVERY cruiser tag team match won’t be the same. They all seam to be “fly, fly, fly” and forget that little thing called psychology. But I’ll live with it.

Hey! It’s some footage from the autograph signing this afternoon! The Tag Team chumps, Chucky Palumbo and Sean O’Hairy are being nice gentlemen, letting the fans touch the title belts for a second before buggering off to the next fan. We’ve got Stacy Keibler and Shawn “I use to be a sex toy” Stasiak playing up their gimmick, as Stasiak keeps away from the, and I quote, ‘hot, sweaty and smelly fans’ and allows Stacy to give him autographs to sign. Hey, it’s Naitch! Ha, he has a little badge that says ‘Owner’ on it, isn’t that sweet? We see Dustin Rhodes, Chavito Jr., Skipper and Romeo, Hugh Morrus, Norman Smiley and Jerry “the King” Lawler (among others) signing autographs. But in a really funny visual, Rick Steiner is having a staredown with a bulldog, but high-tails it when the dog barks! Ha. Ah…yup, WCW is back alright. Oo, Kanyon time!

Who betta than Kanyon? Nobody, that’s who! Rico is a former American Gladiator by the way, but he doesn’t hold a torch to OUR Gladiators and Wolf! Such a lovable, rugged man doesn’t exist in sport anymore. Before being a Gladiator, he was a copper, and was on the SWAT Team. So the bastard is pretty tough! But can he wrestle? Shit, he’s in there with Chris Kanyon, he could get a decent match out of ME, and I haven’t even kicked a football in over a year, let alone worked out! Constant references by King that Rico walked out of another company to work here in WCW because he wasn’t getting anything out of it. Jesus King, Rico’s only been in the damn wrestling business for a few months! King’s ‘bitter as a bitch’ act could get very old, very fast. Lock-up starts, and Rico takes Kanyon down with a firemans carry, and Kanyon looks perplexed. But then again, he always seems to look perplexed. Thing about Kanyon is, he can’t be taken seriously with a lisp. Don’t let him NEAR a microphone, and he could be a main event player. Which is a shame, because the guy has buckets of charisma. Rico has a martial arts background, and he’s definitely showing off his repertoire, but he has no idea how to handle himself in such an environment, as he botches a superplex, nearly killing Kanyon in the process. Rico isn’t ready for this. They exchange blows for a bit, as it degenerates into a slugfest, with a few moves thrown in there for good measure by Kanyon. Northern lights suplex gets a two count, but out of nowhere Kanyon lands the Flatliner, ending the match mercifully, and if WCW have any sense, they’ll stick him in development for a while. He’s got potential, but it generally helps if you know the BASICS of wrestling before getting thrust into a pay-per-view debut.

Rundown

Winner: Chris Kanyon (4:04)

Well, Kanyon made it watch able at least. Rico could be huge if he isn’t seen anywhere near a WCW ring for AT LEAST 6 months, and spends the time developing. He also might want to change the name. No offence, but Rico Constantino shouts “GAY” to me. Rico was just plain lost in there at times, but Kanyon managed to hold it together and pull something out of it.

¾ * - Without a decent guy to guide Rico, it would’ve gone into negative star territory. Television filler quality.

We’ve got ourselves more footage filmed earlier today, this time it’s the Stinger giving a little interview. He says that WCW is his life, it runs through his veins. He lives WCW, he breathes WCW, and he couldn’t bear to see WCW die. Your basic promo to hype something up, although this is probably the only time I can think of someone hyping up an entire company! Hey, it’s Jeff Jarrett! He wasn’t advertised! He’s standing around, guitar in hand, whinging about not being in the running for a World title shot against Booker T. He vows revenge. On who? WCW.com? He then says that WCW is the greatest company in the world, and he wouldn’t want to work anywhere else. Yeeeeeah. That’s because you wouldn’t be wanted in the WWF, and they’re the only game in town right now! More clips of the autograph signing from today.

WCW Cruiserweight title: Jamie Knoble vs. ‘Sugar’ Shane ©

It’s time to pick it up again, as it’s Cruiserweight title time! This one’s a strange one though, because even though Jamie Knoble is a damn fine wrestler, the WCW officials apparently didn’t expect him to get anywhere near winning the vote. Pretty much everyone expected the fans to overwhelmingly vote Chavo Guerrero Jr. into this title match to renew their past feud. If not Chavito, then Mr. Aguila because of his past fame with the WWF as Essa Rios. Thing is, if they were so intent on having Chavo face ‘Sugar’ Shane, why not rig the damn polls? But that’s common sense, and apparently after nearly two months hiatus, WCW officials still haven’t picked that little thing up. Well, ‘Sugar’ Shane and Jamie trade holds early on, with a nice reversal sequence before they reach a stalemate and stop. The fans give some love before TAFKA Jamie-San cheap shots Helms in the lower back and lands a backdrop. Jamie keeps shouting ‘boy’ every three seconds, really showing of his accent. You know, they could actually use that as his gimmick! Trailer park trash guy! Yeah, good idea, so WCW won’t do it. Tilt-a-whirl backbreaker from Helms gets a near fall, and Lawler makes it clear that this is the big company with the light-heavyweights. He actually calls them that and Schiavone corrects him…so Lawler uses this opportunity to say that cruiserweights are the real name, no light-heavyweights. Sheesh. Helms and Jamie are exchanging blows in the middle of the ring, and the champ sends Knoble into the corner, administers some stinging chops, leaving huge welts on his chest, blatantly seen after a tornado DDT out of the corner. I like that move. That, in actuality, is the only real high-flying move I’ve seen in this match, and considering this a WCW Cruiserweight title match, I’m in awe! Its all mat based, and has proved to be a damn good match so far. The end sequence sees Jamie Knoble setting the champ up for a powerbomb, but Helms manages to prevent getting slammed down with a hurricanrana, and as soon as Knoble got to his feet, he was killed dead with the Vertebreaker, giving the Green Lantern’s biggest fan the win in a great match. Oh no, why? Jamie’s lost; he’s moaning to the referee and is throwing a temper tantrum. Oh well, forget the trailer park boy gimmick, he seems to be saddled with that of a sore loser.

Rundown

Winner and STILL WCW Cruiserweight champion: ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms (9:35)

Real good match. I hope that the guys behind the scenes realise that Jamie Knoble has the talent to put on a friggin awesome match. I hope they are happy that he won the voting because the match turned out better than expected. I’m certainly happy we saw Shane Helms vs. Jamie Knoble.

*** ½ - I hope there is a rematch, because with more time, it could be a MOTYC.

The match has finished, but this time we don’t get some more clips of the stars signing autographs, we get a member of Air Raid coming out. I have no idea who’s who out AJ Styles and Air Paris…oh, it’s AJ, Schiavone read my mind. Um, what on earth is this kid doing out here though? Nobody knows who he is, shown by the DEAD reaction for his entrance. He’s out here complaining that he wasn’t voted the opponent of ‘Sugar’ Shane Helms, and then moans he and Air Paris (what a shite name) didn’t get the Cruiserweight Tag Team title shot. Waa waa waa. So he says, and again I quote, “because I am so great, I want anyone in the back with enough guts to come out and face me right now!” he tells the referee who’s out for the Tag Team title match to referee his match. Nobody comes out. He asks again, and THIS time he gets a response. Oh BOY does he! GOLDBERG! Shit this crowd is going bananas! The bald man is coming! He’s a comin! He’s decked out in his ring gear as well. He gets in the ring, and AJ Styles is terrified. His bottom lip is quivering, the true sign of a frightened man! The bell rings…SPEAR!!! He calls for it…JACKHAMMER!!! 1…2…3, it’s over. Well, I’m not gonna bloody count it as a match, but shit! For sheer mark out value it was as much fun as a pig has rolling in muck. The funs are literally going nuts, and there’s a huge Goldberg chant. ‘Da Man’ has the mic, “Goldberg is BACK! And I’ve got one thing to say…WHO’S NEXT!?!” he drops the mic, his music hits, and off to the back he goes. The segment served the purpose of saying that Goldberg is back. Simple and to the point. He also squished that annoying little AJ Styles, so it’s all good in my book.

We got pre-filmed footage of Booker T now. He says that March 26th was the greatest night of his life, and being a double champion means a lot to him. But he says holding two belts, while a sign of his great accomplishments, just doesn’t feel right in the big picture. So he’s vacating the United States title! What? Shit. Cool. Damn. Wicked. And some more words I can’t think of. He then said, thanks to Ric Flair’s blessing, a tournament for the belt will start June 11th on Monday Nitro. He says he will referee the final of the match, personally. Hmm. It’s a different way to get the belt of Booker I guess, and is of course, sets the seeds for a feud if Booker ever turns heel or when he looses the World Heavyweight title. I like it.

WCW Tag Team titles: Team “Not-Quite” Canada vs. Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo ©

Ah, Storm and Mike Awesome aren’t Team Canada any longer. Thank you WCW for ironing that little matter out. You know, Mike Awesome not being Canadian and all. I wonder if Sean O’Haire is going to get that main event push that was rumoured earlier this year? I friggin well hope not! Not yet anyway! He’s got potential for bigger things (as does Palumbo) but his talent at the moment suits the level he’s at right now. Sean and Mike start off with a grapple, but Mike goes behind Chuck and lays into him with a forearm shot to the neck, followed by three more. A hatrick if you will. Chuck was still standing though, but not for long as he gets taken down with a sidewalk slam that he walked into. Why do wrestlers always ‘walk into’ moves? The match very quickly degenerates into a big assed brawl in and around the ring after Awesome hit a chokeslam on Chuck, bringing in O’Hairy to break it up. We got Sir Lancelot giving O’Haire a wrestling lesson next to the announce table, and Mike Awesome and Chuck are taking turns slamming each others heads against the guard rail. I hear that’s an actual sport in some countries. Schiavone seems to be having a heart attack on commentary, literally talking as if he was fearing for his life! This stuff happens all the time up north, get use to it! We’re back in the ring, and there’s some semblance of order here with Storm taking O’Haire out with a super kick. Chuck is nowhere to be seen…ah, that explains it. Oooo, ow. I gettit. Mike Awesome hit the Awesome Bomb on Chucky on the concrete floor. No further explanation necessary. Tagging in and out by the challengers, and after 5 minutes of O’Haire getting the crap kicked out of him by the Awesome-Storm, Palumbo is STILL out cold outside. Might be legit, can’t tell. They challengers try a double clothesline, but O’Haire ducks it, wipes out Awesome with a martial arts kick and puts Storm down head first with a DDT. O’Haire, after taking a 5 minute beating, magically gets up and starts a beating of his own! Amazing that; he’s superhuman! Super kick takes town Storm…ah, here comes Chuck Palumbo! Double super kick to Mike Awesome and it looks like Sean O’Haire is going for his Jeff Hardy impression! He flies and squishes Mike Awesome, but while in flight, Storm super kicked Chuck Palumbo, and then rolled Sean O’Haire up as he got off the move! He’s got a hold of the tights and has his feet on the ropes, but he gets the win, and we’ve got new Tag Team champions!

Rundown

Winners and NEW WCW Tag Team champions: Lance Storm and Mike Awesome (12:13)

Wow! Gutsy move to change the champs on a show like this. Was a very good match, and felt like a better match than their “Night of Champions” clash in March. I like both teams, but now we get the “faces chasing the heels for the titles” storyline, which I usually enjoy more than vice-versa. Let’s just see what the Awesome-Storm do with the belts then. If O’Haire and Chuck don’t win the belts back, I’d expect a split.

** ¾ - Strong match. These four are always entertaining to watch, and this match was no exception.

We go to the back where Nick Dinsmore is warming up for his big debut match. Dinsmore doesn’t have an amazing physique or anything, but the guy is a technical wizard. He’s 25, and could out wrestle most of the WCW roster. Actually, probably half the WWF roster as well. Well, well, well, this is an interesting confrontation; it’s Ric Flair! Dinsmore was walking down the corridor, saw Flair heading the other way, and pounced on him like a teenage girl at a N-Sync concert. He asked him for tips going into this match, but Flair heaped tonnes of praise on the guy. He said he’d seen him wrestle before, and he knew that he was the real deal. He told Dinsmore that he wouldn’t have a problem out there, but this is his moment, and he told Dinsmore to grab the moment. Dinsmore walks off with a smile on his face. Ok, it seems that WCW have HUGE plans for Dinsmore, giving him a rub from Flair on his debut. I hope, if they do push him, they handle it well and don’t give him a Jesus-push.

Nick Dinsmore vs. Mark Jindrak

Dinsmore still has that smile on his face, as he comes out to a mild reaction. Probably only got the response because they saw him and Flair on the same screen. I’unno. Mark Jindrak has a blank look on his face all the way down the ramp and in the ring. Jindrak got right in Dinsmore’s face, showing off his physique and literally telling him that he has no place there. Well, that’s what the commentators said he said anyway. Jindrak tried to sneak in a low blow VERY early, but Dinsmore caught him and took him to school. Backdrop, vertical suplex, knee to the back/chinlock, dragon sleeper, Dinsmore is fluidly going between moves like he’s a 20-year veteran! Jindrak counters a lock-up with a thumb to the eye, and then does a slingshot powerslam, which looked very impressive. He lifted him up for a suplex, bounced him off the ropes and dropped him right into a powerslam, which got a, “Ooooo” from the crowd. I like that move. It’s purty. Jindrak is dominating proceedings now, kicking and beating the crap out of the ‘Ironman’. The former Tag Team champion is holding his own in there with the mat-based Dinsmore, and it’s turning into an above decent match. Dinsmore is getting beat down in a corner at the moment, and he’s going up for the 10 punch with a smirk…1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…he gears up, but shakes his head and gets off before hitting a bossman slam. Nice heel tactic there from Jindrak, stopping before 10 punches certainly got the to boo louder than they were. Mark Jindrak has Dinsmore up, but instead of doing anything, he turns around to make sure the camera catches what he does. I fucking hope the camera catches what you do because that is what the cameramen are paid for! Twit! Jindrak turns round right into a Death Valley driver (!!!) from Dinsmore that surprisingly gets the win!

Rundown

Winner: Nick Dinsmore (7:15)

Well, the ending came out of nowhere, but it was a good ‘ending out of nowhere’ ending. Good match from these two, and although the debutant Nick Dinsmpore won the match, the match played out in a way that kept both men strong. Both men got some good stuff in, and the slingshot powerslam move brings the rating up!

* ½ - Can hardly give it much more when all it technically was is a filler match. But they did well with the time they had, and hopefully Dinsmore will go on to big things.

We cut to some MORE clips of ‘earlier today’. Actually, this is just before the show went on the air according to Jerry Lawler, and Eric Bischoff is in the ring, addressing the fans. He says not to miss the first Monday Nitro on NBC, debuting June 11th. Basically we get a typical Eric Bischoff interview in which he talks up himself, but this time the company as well. Nice of him to put someone ELSE over.

The video stops…and IT’S THE WOLFPAC’S MUSIC!!! YAY! It’s Nash and Hall! The Outsiders are back! They’re back TOGETHER! Hang on; is this actually a good thing? Why am I cheering? Oh yeah, I’m an Outsiders mark! They’re in the ring, and this is what they said:

Hall: Hey yo…(of course, this gets a bloody loud pop all on it’s own). We got the Outsiders right here in WCW! Oh yeah.

Nash: We signed brand new deals with this here company just a month ago, and we were hearing things about this show, this, “Second Coming”. So we though we’d get a phone call telling us that one of us would be facing Booker T for the World Heavyweight title or both of us would face Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire for the tag belts.

Hall: But guess what; the Outsiders weren’t invited to be on the show!

Nash: I got told to go to the autograph session before the show, and as you know by now; you don’t tell Kevin Nash to do ANYTHING!

Hall: So WE weren’t invited! Two of the biggest names in wrestling history! The two men who made the wrestling world gasp in 1996! Scott Hall and Kevin Nash weren’t invited to the grand reopening of WCW!

Nash: As you might imagine…that didn’t sit all to well with us! So, as we usually do when we’re not invited somewhere…we gate crashed. I mean, really, what IS World Championship Wrestling without Scott Hall and Kevin Nash? (Crowd wildly cheering, agreeing wholeheartedly with Nash. Always a bad sign)

Hall: So…after years of loyal service to this company, we’re not even invited to be on this show. That shows what this company is all about; the big bosses and the wrestlers of this company…they both suck! You got us two here, and we get no respect…so we’re just gonna have to beat some respect into every single last one of them!

Nash: Starting on Nitro next month, the Outsiders are taking back what’s theirs, and that is WCW.

Hall: You thought it was bad before; you ain’t seen nothing yet…

Very loud mixed reaction for that. Loads were cheering their asses off, but loads more were booing like they never have before. It looks like they are going in the direction of rehashing the nWo…again. I don’t think it’s a good idea if it’s the way they’re heading. It’s been done, and unless they do it PERFECTLY RIGHT, it’s going to flop and die. They have to do it like the original nWo were done, not the way it ended up. But, again, because this is WCW, I don’t have much faith.

World Heavyweight title: Diamond Dallas Page w/ Kimberly (!!!) vs. Booker T ©

OK, WCW is now officially the greatest thing in the world, because now I have Leia Meow AND Kimberly Page to drool over! Booker doesn’t have his United States title with him, and Tony Schiavone confirms that he has officially held up the belt. Lawler calls him an idiot for doing it just because he can. Schiavone asks why, and King says because he is. Simple. We get the usual ‘face/face’ show of respect to start, the little slap of hands thingy. Lock-up, clean break with no advantage either way. Another lock-up, and we got the dreaded HEADLOCK from Booker. DDP bounces Booker off the ropes and the champ ends up in the corner. DDP charges, and eats boot and falls in a heap holding his nose. The ref holds Booker off and checks on Page. Ah, the predictable ‘midmatch face break-up’. DDP has a go at Booker for kicking him in the nose, and Booker tries to apologise, and King berates the two idiots for not realising that this is a WRESTLING match, and you’re suppose to hurt each other. OOOO!!! Bitch slap by DDP and it’s on! Booker goes medieval on his ass with chops and punches, forcing DDP into the corner where we get four consecutive chops before DDP swaps places and hits four of his own! Booker then fights out the corner, firing off lefts, rights, chops and kicks to the midsection before getting dropped with a powerslam. Shit they’re starting this one quick! Page looks a little ring rusty, but Booker looks in perfect shape. WCW actually let him do an independent show during the time off, and he headlined a show (can’t remember which one) against his brother Stevie Ray for the WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE! They guy doesn’t get a shot for the title when he’s WITH the company, but gets one when he’s not. Actually, it get some really good reviews, but not from WCW. Apparently he wasn’t given permission to put the title on the line, so maybe that’s why he dropped the US strap, who knows? Both men are on the mat after a clash of heads, but they’re both on their feet at 8. DDP has been on the end of some boos so far, so he’s taken it upon himself to play the heel role. Booker blocks some DDP punches and lands some of his own and build up some momentum and lands the Harlem Sidekick! Spinarooni! That always brings a dead or dying crowd to life, but this time the crazy crowd just went even nuttier! Kimberly is trying to get the fans behind DDP, but most just start a ‘Booker T’ chant instead. Ata girl Kim; that worked. Booker’s going for the Book End, but elbows from DDP block it…Diamond Cutter! Oh my god, they’re both down, DDP’s crawling over…1…2…2¾ by gawd I thought he actually had it. They’re both on their feet and Page swings for a clothesline, ducked…Book End! Jesus McChrist with McFries! 1…2…2¾ again with the kick out at the last second! Both myself and the crowd thought that was the finish. We got some more brawling as soon as they get to their feet, and Booker hits a few suplexes here and there before taking Page into the corner. He charges in, but DDP dodges it and Booker goes shoulder first into the post. DDP beats him up and down in the corner before setting him up on the top rope. He calls for the Diamond Cutter and…hey, N64 Diamond Cutter out of the corner? Could it be? He grabs the neck and goes to fly…but Booker pushes him off and he lands flat on his back! I knew that wouldn’t work. Booker gets off the turnbuckle, DDP’s getting up. Axe Kick while DDP is trying to stand up! 1…2…3! He got it! What a match! Booker goes to all four corners and celebrates his big win. Kimberly is helping DDP up…hey, I can see down her top! *Shakes head clear of evil thoughts*. DDP is standing and looking up Booker T with the belt in his hand. Booker gets off the turnbuckle, is face-to-face with DDP, and the loser extends his hand! Booker looks for about 3 seconds before grabbing his hand in a show of sportsmanship. DDP raises his arm, and the show ends with DDP, Kimberly and Booker in the ring.

Rundown

Winner and STILL WCW World Heavyweight champion: Booker T (16:19)

Really, really good match between these two veterans, and I’d like to see a rematch down the line. Considering DDP showed signs of ringrust, I can only imagine how good a rematch would be when they’re both 100% in ring shape.

*** ½ - For a really good, entertaining match. For what it lacked in psychology, it made up for in pure fun and entertaining brawling.

Show Rundown

Well, for a first show in nearly 2 months, it was very entertaining. It brought back Goldberg and the Outsiders. We had a TOTALLY unexpected title change in the Tag Team titles. We saw seeds laid for some feuds, and we saw Booker give up the US title, and have a tournament announced for it, so all in all, I enjoyed it. If you didn’t watch it, try to get a copy of it from a friend who might’ve recorded it or watch the replay or something.

OK, it's up, and it's in a style I've never tried before. Tell me what you think. Good? Bad? Ok? If you think it needs it, I want some tips on improving it. Tell me if you think the way I did the matches was good or bad, because I wasn't sure how people would react. Thanks.

Edited by The_Monkey_Molester

Guest y2gudge

A different kind of write-up by yourself there but it was OK for your first show, you covered up your apparent lack of cruiserweight knowledge (don't worry I would do exactly the same) by constantly looking at Miaow but other than that it was a good show.

I would have personally marked out like a bitch for Goldberg too! :D

*y2gudge*

Well where shall I start. The match style was really different to most, and at first I thought I wasn't such a huge fan of it, but it grew on me and I don't see a real problem with it. One thing I do hope though is that maybe it comes across as slightly more serious at times with just a touch more detail on what's happening. Not huge detail because that goes over the top, but just a little more than you've got in now. Either way I can live with how it is.

Dinsmore going over Jindrak I didn't like. I think Jindrak should have certainly took this one and with help from someone, probably Stasiak or something as Jindrak only seems to work well in a tag team. Awesome/Storm winning the titles was damn great as I think they can make a really good team. I'm hoping is what happens is O'Haire breaks up with Palumbo in the US Title tourni if they end up meeting in it and one of them turns heel. If that happens, you could end up having O'Haire joining back with Jindrak.

Thank god Kanyon won, don't scare me like that again :shifty: Anyway I'd love to see him in a upper midcard feud. He should certainly be in the US title tourni and maybe you can get him something out of that.

Jamie Noble Vs Shane Helms sounds like a great match, so that's all fine with me. Hopefully they get a feud or something, but I doubt it. I'd also like to see Kidman back in the cruiserweight title run that's for sure.

AJ Styles came out and I got a little scared. I thought for a second you might be pushing him to the moon. Heck even a small push I don't want, you can fire him for all I care. Well it was okay when...GOLDBERG...came out. This was actually really good and I think I could see this happening on WCW, well actually it did happen many times(Not with Styles of course). Typical two move pounding which was great. Goldberg is super over like you stated, which is why I was torn between turning him heel or keeping him face, and I'll explain why in just a second.

Nash and Hall made it to the show, and they made it how they always do and that's by gate crashing everyones party. I mean however much some people hate Nash, it's damn great to see you not making him look like shit, so good job there. Nice little speech, and if it is resulting in a possible nWo return then that is the best thing possible I reckon, well maybe. I mean WCW was going down a few weeks before this, so they HAVE to come back into action with HUGE stuff, and however many times it's been done, nWo can be super huge if it is worked properly. At the same time though you certainly need to be realistic. I mean don't start having Hogan, Nash, Hall, DDP, Booker T, Jarrett, and all the top guys in the group, make it as realistic as possible. I mean at one time they had Horace Hogan, and that's WCW for you, but it is realstic. I don't mean put Horris into the group, but I mean if it happens play it how you think WCW would have played it maybe. Now this is where the Goldberg part maybe fits in. Like I said, Goldberg is over super style right here. He was turned heel before but it failed, but on the night he turned heel he got a super hot heel response whatever anyone says. So you have two options there, do you turn him heel and have him join with nWo, or do you keep him as a face who trys to stop the force of nWo? There are problems with having him join nWo, and one being the World Title. IF you brought Hogan in, then no doubt about it, he or Nash would be taking the title which leaves Goldberg with no title. So you'd certainly need to work something out for him there. If you kept him face though, you could have him go up against the nWo and play him off as maybe the only man who can stop the nWo. Saying all that though, you'll need something huge to make the nWo successful like it was first time round. You need WCW back up and running, and if the nWo is reforming it needs a super formation. Hogan, Nash and Hall HAVE to be involved for me as they are the original men of the group. That may not be big enough though as it's happened before. So you'd need something huge, something like a bigger member. Maybe Flair? Maybe a returning Giant? Maybe Goldberg like mentioned? Maybe even Sting? I say that though, I wouldn't do it with Sting or Flair. You could even have nWO created again and then have Sting/Flair see that WCW is dieing from the nWo(In character wise) and have them call in Anderson and one more guy to form the four horsemen. My money would be in calling Hennig back in to form it with them. This is just all my ideas off course. Saying all this, that's if all this nWo stuff does even happen :o

Moving on to the last thing. Booker retained the title, which was obviously a good thing at this stage. I was thinking DDP was going to hit the cutter out of nowhere at the end with the handshake and mainly because he could do it and still get away with it as a face in my opinion. Still it's nothing bad, and the main event was damn solid.

So overall a really damn good show. Oh yeah and Lawler on Nitro? I can maybe live with it, but weirdly enough Hudson had grown on me after a while. You should have maybe brought in Tenay. I can live with Lawler though that's for sure. Anyway overall I think really good show, look forward to more!

Great show, LOVED the Hall/Nash interview. Very glad to see that you hired Scott Hall by the way. I don't like Jindrak jobbing to Dinsmore unless you're planning on pushing Dinsmore. As for the nwo, I say don't bring it back. WCW using the nwo and bringing it back left and right really hurt the company and basically said that WCW only relied on the nwo. Keep The Outsiders by themselves. Maybe if WWF fires X-Pac put him with The Outsiders. But bringing back the New World Order wouldn't be good. Storm/Awesome as the new champs rock too :D

As for the World title scene..... Sting, Booker T, Goldberg, Scott Steiner (when he returns), Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, DDP would make great champions for now. Then you could push a young up and comer like O'Haire or someone like that to the title.

Was a good show allround, im not too sure about the writing style, I mean it is ok and you done it very well with some funny spots in there but I usually prefer the more serious writing, it just one of those things, after you have done a second show ill probally have no problem with it I just need to get used to it, tho im wondering what a Nitro will be like in this style should be intresting.

But in a really funny visual, Rick Steiner is having a staredown with a bulldog, but high-tails it when the dog barks! Ha. Ah…yup, WCW is back alright. Oo, Kanyon time
Edited by Cortez

The writing style is, I guess, how I would be reviewing a PPV/TV show if I had that job.

you covered up your apparent lack of cruiserweight knowledge (don't worry I would do exactly the same) by constantly looking at Miaow

The thing with the cruiserweight tag team match is, 1) I'm not the greatest on cruiserweight moves, 2) have you ever tried to follow one of those things anyway? I could've put more detail in it, very true, but not "to" much more if you get my meaning.

One thing I do hope though is that maybe it comes across as slightly more serious at times with just a touch more detail on what's happening. Not huge detail because that goes over the top, but just a little more than you've got in now. Either way I can live with how it is.

I agree. I wanted to use this show as a "tester" to see how people reacted, and then I could tweak to satisfy different people.

Oh yeah and Lawler on Nitro? I can maybe live with it, but weirdly enough Hudson had grown on me after a while. You should have maybe brought in Tenay. I can live with Lawler though that's for sure.

I'm thinking of trying of using a three-man team. I know you technially can't in the game, but use your imagination. :P. Hudson or Tenay to team with King and Schiavone? I'll probably stick Tenay in there.

Literally, this show was meant to do a couple of different things (storyline terms that is). Be special because it's the first show back, show case talent, lay the seeds for some feuds, but also have the feel of being NOT so special. What I mean by that is, it isn't Starrcade, it isn't the Great American Bash, it's suppose to be the show with no build up that reminds people WCW are alive. I *think* I ddi quite well on that front.