Disaster Movie...

Lint

This one looks to be the worst in the entire series... which is truely saying something.

I'm still trying to follow the logic. Scary Movie poked fun at scary movies. Date Movie poked fun at date movies. Epic Movie poked fun at epic movies. Diaster Movie pokes fun at Juno, ID4, and whatever Miley Cirus movie they were making fun of?

If that were the case Juno wouldnt be there. Theyre just making fun of popular things, while the "plot" of the movie being that the world is suffering from every disaster known to mankind or something. I think anyway. I cant fucking tell with these piles of shit.

These haven't been good since they were R-rated. There, I said it. Scary Movie 3 was pretty good given its rating, but non-R-rated spoof movies just aren't that great, especially because they have been progressively dumbed down.

So intelligent writing and wit have nothing to do with it? I've not seen any of these films since I had the displeasure of seeing Scary Movie 2, one of the most singularly horrid pieces of cinema I've ever laid eyes on, and I never intend to again, but that doesn't mean that satire as a genre is inherently dreadful - see Airplane, Hot Shots et al for examples of how it should be done. An R-Rating on a comedy almost always means lazy vulgarity in place of intelligent writing.

An R-Rating on a comedy almost always means lazy vulgarity in place of intelligent writing.

I really hope you're limiting yourself to the parody and slapstick genre here, as any list of all-time great comedies is going to have a bunch that are R rated. If a comedy isn't pushing the limits of tastes and decency, it's often some lame-ass "date" movie.

List of parodies from Wikipedia:

Amy Winehouse

Dr. Phil

Hannah Montana

The Dark Knight

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

High School Musical

The Incredible Hulk

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Iron Man

Kung Fu Panda

The Love Guru

Sex and the City

Speed Racer

Superbad

There Will Be Blood

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Wanted

10,000 B.C.

An Inconvenient Truth

Hancock

Juno

Enchanted

You Don't Mess with the Zohan

WWE Divas

Cloverfield

I am Legend

Rocky 4

Facebook

Jessica Simpson

Justin Timberlake

The Jonas Brothers

Sierra Mist

Wolf from American Gladiators

HeadOn

The Day After Tomorrow

Night at the Museum

No Country for Old Men

Epic Movie poked fun at epic movies.

Like Snakes on a Plane? Nacho Libre? Borat? No. Those are not epic movies.

That's the most epic movie there ever was, Be. >_>

And Skummy's so so right. Case in point, my dislike of Step Brothers. When McCay and Ferrell did Anchorman and Talladega, they proved that no matter their limit mandated by the studio, that they could produce funny stuff. Whereas the R rating of Step Brothers just led them to saying "fuck" more often and doing needlessly stupid things. So, ummm, yeah...I'd say intelligent writing and wit have a lot to do with how fucking good a movie is.

Edited by ROC

Faith in humanity is restored, Disaster Movie's opening weekend grossing was just above six million dollars. To put things into perspective, every other "Movie" had an opening weekend at least three times that of Disaster Movie.

Unfortunately, I think that's got a lot to do with there being FAR too many comedies out. Whichever execs thought it'd be great to put Pineapple Express, Tropic Thunder, Hamlet 2, The Rocker, The House Bunny, College, and then Disaster Movie out within four weeks is pretty stupid, and notice that only two of those movies (the two that came out the earliest) has had any success this year.

Faith in humanity is restored, Disaster Movie's opening weekend grossing was just above six million dollars. To put things into perspective, every other "Movie" had an opening weekend at least three times that of Disaster Movie.

Unfortunately, I think that's got a lot to do with there being FAR too many comedies out.

That's true. There's also the fact that it was released during Labor Day weekend, which historically has always been a disastrous weekend for movies. At least this will be their first movie that doesn't make them tons of money. (Y)