WCW 1999, The Wrestling Suicide Way

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can all thank UmpireAJS for this... :D

ONE NIGHT ONLY!!! WCW BRINGS BACK THE WAR GAMES!!!

Taken from www.wcw.com - March 29, 1999

The WCW Championship Committee, having preceded President Ric Flair, has suprisingly announced that tonight at Monday Nitro, March 29, 1999, the number one contender to the WCW World Heavyweight Title will be named!

Nitro's Main Event will feature the return of the WAR GAMES!

The Specifics: Two rings conjoined into one to contain the action! The rings are surrounded by a roofed steel cage! Eight competitors split into four-man teams!

The Participants: On one side... Hollywood Hogan, Raven, The Giant and the United States Champion Diamond Dallas Page! Their opponents... Bret Hart, Kevin Nash, Sting and the WCW World Heavyweight Champion Goldberg!

The Rules: Two men will begin inside the cage, predetermined randomly. Every 2 minutes, an extra competitor will enter the cage... a coin toss before the match will determine which team has the man-advantage.

The Lowdown: The WCW Championship Committee has determined that the first man to garner a PINFALL against the opposing team will be named as the Number One Contender to the WCW World Heavyweight Title... and IF Goldberg is that man, he gets to determine WHO the Number One Contender is going to be!!!

Nitro will prove to be an exciting and unbelievable night! Don't you dare miss it!!!

I cannot give enough praise for this diary, it is the first WCW diary I have honestly enjoyed reading and goes from strength to strength as it continues. The matches contain enough detail and there is just a special feeling about this diary whenever I read it. Keep up this outstanding work.

Finally got through this all loafster...errrr I mean Suicide. A few thoughts.

-Scott Hall was "fired" for screwing up. However as we all know Hall was nWo when he was fired. When Bischoff brought the nWo fired employees back he forgot one. Even if Hall DID screw Nash over, the man is not out of a job. I realize he was a prick backstage for you, but this really needs to be cleared up, and The Medium Sized Man needs to return to the ring.

-I hate a WarGames where it's pinfall. I just do. It messes with the tradition of what it was and how it worked. BIG thumbs down to Umpire for that added stip.

-Raven rocks, and your Raven is quite good.

-I kinda almost like The Alliance, but this version of the nWo is weak. This mishmosh of people that have no real connection and don't seem to even be trying very hard to work together just isn't working for me. Thank you for keeping Goldberg and Hart out of the stable mess.

-I was loving the issues between jericho and Bookr, and quite frankly I think you pulled the plug on the tag team a bit soon. Did Booker ever really do anything to help the team overall? At every turn it was Jericho's cheating ways that won them matches. Jericho looks incredibly strong going into the singles feud, but Booker looks like a wimp and Jericho's bitch. I hope this gets rectified soon. All in all I have to say that this has the potential to be one of the best feuds going in your diary.

-When you said you had plans to cut Randy and Hogan's feud short you damn well meant it. Wow and damn. Good call to keep Savage around though. Perhaps in a managerial role for some new guy? Perhaps back announcing? I am intrigued to see what direction you decide to take.

Overall I like this diary a lot, and Uncenscored was just a phenomenal show. Good job old buddy.

Tim

TAFKA: Thanks for the complements, dude. I will sure as hell try my best to keep the ball rolling.

TGC: Issues to be addressed:

1. Scott Hall's been suspended for the past 2 months for bad conduct, hopefully he won't be a jerkwad in April. :)

2. I will try to make Wargames as interesting as possible.

3. Raven rocks indeed. I'm planning a lot of things for this guy.

4. Well... the only guys who're actually meshing in the stable are Kanyon, Bigelow and Page. I'm just following WCW booking priorities... heavyweights first... cruiserweights next.

5. Booker T is Jericho's bitch. Damn straight. Hahaha. ;)

6. Savage is staying... although most of my lower-midcard guys are going to be released at the end of March.

Thanks for the words, old pal. :)

Guest UmpireAJS

TGC, "pinfall" includes 3-counts,submissions and KO's, I wasn't sure how to put it, I hope wrestlingsuicide understands.Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I also think that the last WarGames which WCW Staged [in Fall Brawl 98] had the same rules because if Memory serves me correctly DDP pinned Stevie Ray after hitting the Diamond Cutter to win the WarGames.Ofcourse,that got a DUD in Scott Keith's books.

Took me a time to write... bah. Here's Nitro...

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

March 29, 1999

Houston, Texas

Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan greet the audience, and they say that it's going to be a night to remember... it's a night that the WARGAMES returns to WCW... Schiavone recaps the events at Uncensored, how Randy Savage lost to Hogan via the machinations of Ric Flair. He now says that the Championship Committee pulled a fast-one on Flair who will have his hands full in an attempt to get that title shot for his Alliance.

~

Cut to backstage, where Ric Flair is surrounded by Hollywood Hogan, Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant and Arn Anderson. Hogan's complaining about the match made tonight.

"What is this, Flair? What is this!? You'd better give me an explanatation, fast, brother! Last night, I beat the life out of Randy Savage... I overcame that roadblock... and now, I'd expected that you'd give me a shot at the World Title... instead, we get this... the War Games!?"

The fans cheer at the mention of the games. Flair replies, trying to convince Hogan.

"Easy... I have my arms tied behind my back on this one. There's nothing I can do, the Championship Committee went behind me and made this match... but don't you worry... because tonight, we're making sure that YOU leave that ring the number one contender to the World Heavyweight Title! Isn't that right boys?"

Flair turns to Page and The Giant who reluctantly nod their heads, their faces full of readable indecision . Flair continues on.

"Giant... DDP... you're going to help Hollywood win this match. You do this and I assure you, the two of you are going to be very, very pleased that you did! Giant, I know I gave you your shot last night... Goldberg got the best of us... but if you help Hollywood Hogan get that number one contendership, you're going to wake up with a nice, fat bonus tommorow morning!"

The Giant's face lights up, a greedy smile spread across his face. The power of the dollar is indeed strong.

"Page, you've got that United States Title around your waist... you've got your gold... now, you've got to help us get Hollywood his! I know that you want that World Title as much as everyone in this room... but you've got my guarantee that if Hogan wins this match tonight.. YOU my friend, are going to get to go home with four... no... FIVE GORGEOUS, FINE WOMEN courtesy of The Nature Boy... WHOOOO!!!"

Page likes the idea. Schiavone says that it seems like Page has forgotten about his wife, Kimberly, for those few moments. Page then decides to interject.

"Hold on Flair. You might have me and The Giant thinking on the same page with you here...but what about Raven... what about that guy? How're you sure that he won't be looking to win that number one contendership for himself? I mean, even I don't trust the guy! That psycho stalked the entire year last year... just because he wanted this US Title!"

Flair smiles.

"I have that all under control. We've got to stick together... we're an ALLIANCE, damnit, and we're going to stick together! I say who's going to be champ... and in this room, it's going to be Hollywood Hogan! All we have to do is stay on course and follow my lead... we're going to give you (points to Hogan) the win, champ... and within a month, the World Heavyweight Title is going to be back in the Alliance once again! WHOOOO!"

Hogan frowns.

"You'd better make sure, brotha'... because I'm itching to get my hands on that belt and wrap it around MY waist once again!"

Hogan turns around and leaves the room. The segment ends.

~

Chavo guerrero's music hits... and he walks out, with the Cruiserweight Title wrapped around his waist. The fans cheer him on, he's certainly found himself a following. Guerrero steps into the ring, unclips the belt from his waist and raises it to the crowd, who only cheers even more. A stage-hand gives Chavo a microphone.

"Ladies and gentlemen... you're looking at the NEW WCW Cruiserweight Champion... CHAVO Guerrero!"

Big pop from the crowd.

"Last night, I beat my uncle, Eddie... with his own finishing move nonetheless! I climbed up the top rope... I vaulted into the air... I did a frog splash... and I landed square on his chest! I knocked him senseless! You have no idea how good this feels right now!"

Chavo has a very wide grin on his face. The crowd pops again.

"The past few years, the only Guerrero in WCW who's been successful has been my uncle Eddie. Well, tonight, standing before you... is CHAVO Guerrero... Cruiserweight Champion! I beat you Eddie... in the middle of the ring... ONE...TWO...THREE! It feels so good to be out of the Eddie Guerrero shadow... yes, it feels so damn good to be champ. I'm no longer the other Guerrero who couldn't... I'm Chavo Guerrero... Cruiserweight Champion! I said... I'm Chavo Guerrero..."

Chavo points the mic to the crowd, who reply. 'CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION!' the give Chavo a big pop. Maybe Chavo's starting a catchphrase. Eddie Guerrero's voice suddenly interrupts Chavo's fun as Eddie walks out.

"Chavito... you've got something that belongs to me."

Chavo raises his hands to interrupt Eddie. Chavo speaks.

"That's Chavo Guerrero..." the crowd responds "CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION!"

Eddie's face turns sour.

"Whatever! You've got MY Cruiserweight Title right there. So you pinned me last night, big deal... that's just one win. I've beaten you so many times, you couldn't even remember how many! See, being tight with President Ric Flair certainly has its perks... and of those perks is that I can request an instant rematch anytime I want... and that's what I'm going to get... a rematch, with you! And don't get comfortable with that belt, because next week, I'm going to take it back! You, me, for the Cruiserweight title, next week on Nitro! ORALE!"

"Bring it, Eddie... because next week, I'm going to prove to the entire world what I've known all along... that I'm better than you!"

Chavo and Eddie have a staredown. Schiavone says that it's going to be a battle next week on Nitro!

~

[billy Kidman vs. Psicosis]

Kidman and Psicosis give the fans a good showing of Lucha-Libre/High-Flying style of wrestling. Good opener for tonight, credit the win to Kidman after the Shooting Star Press.

Winner: Billy Kidman via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***3/4

~

The familiar tune of the nWo starts playing, and out walk Kevin Nash, Sting and Eric Bischoff. Fans start cheering, if only for Nash and Sting. They make their way down the aisle and enter the ring. Bischoff grabs the microphone and immediately starts talking.

"Good evening everyone! Let me talk to you about tonight's Main Event... the War Games! In a brilliant, brilliant move by championship committee to pre-empt Ric Flair, they have effectively given MY boys a chance... a shot at the World Title! I know what Flair's going to do... he's going to rally his troops... he's going to get his guys together and have them give Hollywood Hogan that title shot! Unfortunately, I've got two men in this ring who will NOT allow that to happen!"

Bischoff hands the microphone to Sting. Sting asjusts his shades, and stares at Bischoff.

"Let me get one thing straight... I joined the nWo because it was the only way around getting screwed over by Ric Flair and his cronies. I don't like you (points at Nash) or you (points at Bischoff), but I hate Ric Flair and Hollywood Hogan even more... that's the only reason I'm here. As far as I'm concered, Nash... you can have the Title Shot if you want to... all I want is Raven, and I'm going to get him in that ring tonight! OOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"

The fans cheer. There's slight tension between Nash and Sting, as Sting hands the microphone to Nash. Nash grins.

"Stinger... I respect your decisions, man. I respect that you've got the nuts to say what you have to say about me. And you're right... that title shot... it's MINE. I was the guy that Flair and his minions screwed over for the World Title back in January. I was the guy who was on the receiving end of a brutal chair shot that took me out for a couple of weeks, and removed me from the title picture. I was the guy, last night, who got HANDCUFFED to the ropes... and SPEARED by Goldberg, costing me the title once again! If there's anybody in WCW who deserves that title shot, it's Big Sexy!"

The fans cheer. Sting takes the microphone from Nash's hands.

"You can have your title shot. I want Raven. He goes down... TONIGHT."

Sting drops the mic on the mat and walks out of the ring. The fans cheered when he said he wanted Raven! Nash and Bischoff are left in the ring, watching Sting leave.

~

[Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera]

Nice cruiserweight match... no matter how inconsequential it may be. Rey wins via a Hurricanrana off the top rope.

Winner: Rey Mysterio via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***1/4

~

Raven enters the President's Office, where Ric Flair's sitting. Behind Flair, as usual, is Arn Anderson, his arms folded, just looking after the Nature Boy. Flair stands up and welcomes Raven, all smiles.

"Just the man I've been meaning to talk to! Raven! The man destined for greatness! Whooo!"

Raven's expression doesn't change. He certainly didn't have time for pleasantries. Flair decides to get to the point.

"Raven, I want you to give Hollywood Hogan the pinfall tonight... give him the win and the number one contendership! You do me this favor, and I'm going to make sure that your victory against Sting last night becomes the official end to that chapter of your life story... no rematch for Sting... nothing! You do me this favor, and it will go down in the record books that YOU, Raven, unequivocaly defeated Sting at Uncensored in the one single deciding match of your rivalry! Whooo! Whaddya say?"

Raven just stares straight into Flair, his face void of emotion.

"You make Sting go away... and Hogan gets his title shot... Quote the Raven, Never More."

Raven walks out after saying those few brief words. Flair smiles, and talks to Arn Anderson.

"Double A, it's in the bag! Whoooo!"

[The Bomb Squad vs. The Windhams]

Apparently Saturn and Steiner are now called the Bomb Squad. They destroy the Windhams in a squash match, Rick Steiner hit a belly-to-belly suplex off the top rope on Kendall Windham to grab the win.

Winner: The Bomb Squad via Pinfall

Match Rating: *1/2

~

Booker T's music hits, and the fans get on their feet. Booker's got his wrestling gear on, and he walks his way down the aisle, giving out high-fives with fans before entering the ring. He gets a microphone and starts talking.

"Last night, I signed up for a tag-team match... I signed up for a tag-team match to defend MY HALF of the WCW Tag Team Titles. Last night, my partner left me for dead inside the ring. Last night, I lost MY HALF of the WCW Tag Team Titles. Chris Jericho, sucka, you left me in the ring to fight two men last night... I'm not disappointed... no... PISSED OFF is what I am! Listen up Jericho, back in Harlem, there's a saying... every little thing you do, comes right back atcha' and BOY, you just wait because I'm going to bring it all back at you! Now CAN YOU DIG THAT? SUCKA!"

Booker T drops the mic and plays to the crowd.

~

Backstage, Bret Hart's being interviewed by Mike Tenay. Tenay asked him about how he felt regarding Nash's comments earlier tonight.

"Mike Tenay, Nash says he's been screwed over during the past few months...if there's anyone who should be talking about getting screwed over... it's me."

Bret then hijacks the interview and starts talking to the camera.

"Nash, Sting, Goldberg... we might be team-members tonight, but I want all of you to know that I'm going to get that Number One Contendership to the WCW Title. I've been in WCW now for two years, and the fact of the matter is... I haven't been given the opportunity that I deserve. For the past two years, I've been stuck in a rut... I've been on and off television... I've been constantly overlooked... not anymore. The Hitman's back in full swing, and I've paid my dues... it's about time I got my shot at the big gold. The Pink and Black Attack is back, and there's nobody... not you Nash, not you Sting, not you Bischoff... not Flair, not Hogan, not The Giant... not even Goldberg... can stop me from getting that shot. NOBODY."

The tension could be felt all around the arena now. The fans are cheering as Bret makes his point. Bret's face is full of determination... he truly believes that he deserves to win tonight..

~

[::Wargames:: Hollywood Hogan, Raven, The Giant and Diamond Dallas Page vs. Sting, Goldberg, Kevin Nash and Bret Hart]

The two rings have been assembled during the commercial break. They have been joined together, but are still separated by a single set of ropes. The cage has also been assembled around the rings... about 3 feet away from the aprons, giving some leeway in between. The cage is a traditional steel cage, not the iron mesh ones being used in the WWF. There are two doors, one on each side of the cage. Two referees guards the doors, they have with them padlocks and the keys to each padlock.

Schiavone and Heenan inform us of the rules of the match. Two men start, with one man coming in for each team alternately at 2 minute intervals. The referee will enter the cage after the last man has entered, and from that moment onwards, pinfalls and submissions will be allowed. The first man to pin or make one of their opponents submit wins the Number One Contendership to the WCW Title... which means that if Goldberg wins... HE gets to choose who his Number One contender is going to be!

The first two men are introduced... the first man is... Raven! "Freak On A Leash" starts playing, and Raven walks down the aisle, the recipient of a ton of boos from the crowd. He enters the cage through his team's door. Raven sits on a corner, as usual, waiting for his opponent.

The first man for the other team is... Bret Hart! The Hitman's music hits, and Bret walks out, and his stern demeanor gives the impression that this man... this Hitman is OUT ON A MISSION TONIGHT! He certainly said that he wants the Title Shot, and he looks like he's ready to go through hell and back to get it.

Bret walks into the cage through his team's door. He rolls into the ring, his eyes never leaving Raven. Raven just stares back into the Hitman, as he pulls himself up by grabbing onto the tope rope. Raven and Bret walk into the middle of the first ring. The timer is brought up on the screen, 2 minutes. The bell rings, and action starts!

Bret and Raven go into a collar and elbow tie-up... Hart slowly overpowering Raven, and then the Hitman shoves Raven into the turnbuckle. Hart backs off, and grins! Raven hesitates to move... but does so... he slowly measures Bret, and then goes back into another collar and elbow tie-up. This time, it's Raven who shoves Bret into a turnbuckle... Raven slowly backs off... and then SLAPS Bret it the face! The fans see this as a sign of disrespect and immediately boo Raven.

Hart holds his cheek for a second, contemplating on what to do. He shakes his head, and then they go about circling each other again... they go for a collar and elbow tie-up... but Bret immediately kicks Raven in the gut! Raven bowls over. Hart runs across the ropes... a kneelift from the Hitman takes Raven down. Bret immediately goes for Raven and puts him in a side headlock. Hart doesn't let go, he's just wrenching on Raven's head.

Raven gets to one foot... and powers out through big elbow shots to Hart's chest. Hart lets go, and Raven hits a clothesline that knocks Bret down. Raven delivers a stiff kick to Bret's back. He pulls Hart up, and executes a suplex. Raven pulls Bret again... bodyslam! Raven's delivering punishment. He waits for Bret to stand, he hits Hart with a couple of punches, and then ties Bret up on the ropes. Raven goes for a running start, bounces off the ropes and charges with what looks like a flying clothesline at Bret... who has unties himself! Bret pulls the ropes down as Raven jumps from the ring and straight into the steel cage! Raven crashes head-first into the cage, and lands on the floor with a sick thud, and the crowd goes nuts! That was high-spot number one.

The clock starts running down... five... four... three... two... one... "Smells Like Teen Spirit" blares from the arena speakers. Bret immediately turns his head towards the entranceway. The fans boo when they hear the music... but a mixture of applause could be heard when they slowly realise that Bret and Page in the ring would be a riot.

Page runs down the aisle, enters through his cage door... and dives into the ring. Hart and Page are immediately into each other, exchanging fists. Page, the fresh man, gets the better of this exchange and starts hammering Hart back into a corner. Hart tries to fight back, but Page is just pouring the shots in. Page finishes with a couple of kicks, before backing off and taunting the crowd with the 'Bang'. The fans respond with boos.

Page grabs Hart and sends him flying down into the other turnbuckle. Hart hits it chest-first with a sickening thud... his usual spot... Bret then falls back into the mat, clutching his chest in pain. Raven is slowly getting up ouside, obviously knocked senseless after hitting the cage head-first. DDP uses the heel of his boot to step and put pressure on Bret's forehead. Page mocks the Hitman a bit before pulling him up... Bret gets to one knee... and LOWBLOWS Page! Page goes down in a heap!

Hart stands up, and kick's Page in the thigh. He adds a few more stomps before walking away to catch his breath. The clock reads one minute left before one of Hart's teammates enter the ring.

Hart waits for Page to stand up... he runs at Page, and hits a clothesline. Raven gets on the apron, and Hart punches him in the head, knocking him down on the apron. Page gets up, and Hart punches him as well. Hart's now trying to fend off two men, Raven on the apron and DDP in the ring. Hart manages to fight off the two for quite a while, until DDP sneaks a punch towards Hart's back. Raven finally gets back into the ring and the two men start pummeling Bret with punches and kicks. The fans quickly boo. Page and Raven wait for Hart to get up... ever so slowly... and they execute a double clothesline that sends Hart over the separating ropes and into the 2nd ring!

The crowd counts down... five... four... three... two... one... the nWo WolfPac theme music hits, the fans go nuts, and Kevin Nash emerges from behind the curtains! He 'runs' down the aisle and enters the cage!

Page and Raven are waiting. Nash enters the ring, only to be greeted by fists from Raven and DDP! Nash fights his way out! Page goes down from a fist from Nash! Raven goes down! Kevin Nash grabs DDP, and throws him over the top rope! Nash grabs Raven, and he takes a trip outside! Nash raises his hand, giving the nWo sign while screaming at the fans... and everyone cheers! Hart slowly gets up, recovering from the big double-clothesline earlier.

Nash goes out, and he goes after DDP. Hart rolls out of the ring and goes one on one with Raven.

Nash grabs Page, drags him near the steel steps and smashes Page's head into them! Page staggers back and Nash goes after him. Nash sends Page into the ring, he follows suit. Nash now has his way with Raven... he grabs DDP... backbreaker! Page winces on the mat. Nash bends over to pull Page up, but DDP sneakily rakes Nash's eyes! Page gets up and starts hitting forearms on Nash. He tries to throw Big Sexy to the ropes, but is reversed... Page bounces of the ropes and hits a flying clothesline on Nash! Nash goes down!

Meanwhile, outside...

Hart grabs Raven and starts hitting some punches. Hart puts Raven in a front facelock... vertical suplex on the matted floor! Hart stands up... and pulls Raven up... he takes Raven and throws him into the steel post! Ouch! Hart attempts to throw Raven into the cage, this time, but is reversed... and Hart smashes onto the cage instead! That sounded nasty as Hart's shoulderconnected with the cage. Hart back-tracks a few paces before Raven goes in and hits Hart with a clothesline full-force behind the head! Hart falls face-first to the matted floor. Raven pulls the Hitman up and rolls him into the other ring. Raven goes in.

In ring one... Raven stalks the Hitman, who's trying to slowly get up after that vicious imapct with the cage. Raven runs at Hart and hits a clothesline. Raven delivers a couple of kicks on Hart as the latter was slowly trying to get up. Raven puts Hart in a side headlock. He wrenches the headlock tight, and has the hold in for quite a while.

In ring two... Nash is slowly recovering from Page's clothesline, while DDP is catching his breath in one turnbuckle. Nash gets up, and Page rushes him, delivering forearms repeatedly... Page throws Nash into the ropes, Nash reverses, DDP bounces off the ropes... and Nash hits him with the big boot! Page goes sprawling into the canvas!

Back in ring one, Hart powers his way out of the headlock and throws Raven to the ropes adjoining the two rings. Raven grabs hold and doesn't bounce back... but Hart immediately follows up with a clothesline! Both men tumble into ring two!

The crowd counts down... five... four... three... two... one... The Giant's music starts playing... and the big man starts walking down the aisle. The fans boo him. He enters the cage.

At this point DDP vs. Nash and Bret vs. Raven are all exchanging punches. The Giant climbs on the apron and joins in on the action! Headbutt on Hart, and Bret goes down! Headbutt on Nash, and Nash goes down! The Giant has certainly made the pendulum swing towards the Alliance's side. The Giant now goes to work on Nash, while Page and Raven go to work on Hart.

The Giant takes Nash and shoves him to a turnbuckle. Big forearm coming down on Nash's chest! That slap could be heard up in the rafters! The Giant goes for another slap! WHACK! Nash reacts to the sharp pain of those couple of shots! The Giant raises his boot and grabs on the ropes... he's using that big boot to choke Nash in the turnbuckle! The Giant grabs Nash, and puts him into a bearhug!

Meanwhile... Page and Raven start putting the boots on Bret, who looks exhausted. Raven picks up Bret and tosses him over the dividing ropes, back into ring number one. Page climbs the turnbuckles and launches with a double axe-handle, and that takes Bret down! Bret tries to get up... Raven pulls him up... Hart unleashes with a fist on Raven! Page goes over to help... Hart delivers a fist to him as well! Hart's alternating between Raven and Page! The crowd's behind the Hitman on this one! But that's cut off short with Page kicking Hart in the gut. Page and Raven decide to take a breather as they wait for Hart to slowly get up.

In ring two... The Giant has had the bearhug locked in for quite a while now, Nash looks so weak... The Giant lets the hold go, and taunts the crowd! Nash gets to his feet, he's a little bit wobbly... right hand from Nash! That sends The Giant staggering back... another right hand... and another! Nash bounces off the ropes... BIG BOOT SENDS THE GIANT DOWN!

In ring one... Page pulls Bret up and sets him up in the ropes... CLOTHESLINE! Both men go over the ropes.

The crown dounts it down... five... four... three... two... one... "Enter Sandman" starts playing, the fans explode... Sting runs down the aisle! Raven turns his head... he's all alone in ring one... he sees Sting. Sting enters the cage, dives into the ring and starts exchanging fists with Raven!

Sting starts releasing his frustrations at Raven... fist, fist, fist! Raven is knocked down! Sting mounts him... and starts delivering more fists to the head! Raven can't get out of the mount of Sting! Sting finally gets off Raven, lets out a big 'OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!', bounces off the ropes and hits a big knee drop on Raven.

Page and Hart are brawling outside. Page attempts to throw Bret into the cage, Hart reverses and Page, instead, hits the cage! Page goes sprawling down to the mat. Hart picks Page up, and rolls him into ring one...

Ring two... The Giant slowly gets up from that big boot from Kevin Nash. Nash measures The Giant, he sends him towards the turnbuckle... and hits a few knees towards The Giant's gut. Nash hits a couple of elbows... and then chokes The Giant with his boot! The action has definitely slowed down, with the time taking its toll on the competitors.

Ring one... Page has been rolled into the ring, Sting greets him with a fist! Hart gets into the ring as well. Raven is slowly getting up. Hart and Sting take Page and throw him across the ropes... Page bounces back... double back-body drop! Page is down! Raven gets up... Sting hits him with a clothesline! The fans cheer! Hart picks Page up, and Page kicks Hart in the gut. Sting goes after Raven, Raven LOWBLOWS Sting! Sting goes down in a heap. Page grabs Hart and throws him over the ropes.

Raven and DDP go over to ring two... Nash has his back turned towards them as he's using his boot to choke The Giant. Page hits Nash with a fist towards the kidneys... Raven joins in... The Giant finally mounts a comeback... and it's 3-on-1 against Kevin Nash! Nash is trying his best to stay up... but a double clothesline from Raven and Page sends him crashing to the mat! The Giant now taunts the crowd... which boos, seeing that the three faces are out!

The clock ticks, the crowd chants, and everyone knows who's next out... five... four... three... two... one... "Voodoo Chyld" starts playing, and Hogan walks out with a cocky smile on his face! He slowly makes his way to the cage, definitely taking his time. The fans hate him, and they're making sure he knows it.

Inside the cage, DDP has gone and taken Bret back into the ring... this time it's Bret who's being targeted for dismantling! Raven, Page and The Giant start punching Hart, knocking him down each time... Bret just stands up and takes more punishment. Hogan walks into the cage and rolls into ring two. Hogan says for Page to hold Bret up... Page has both of Bret's arms... Hogan throws a punch, Hart ducks, and Hogan hits Page instead! Page goes down... Hart starts punching Hogan... then Raven... then The Giant... Hart's trying his best to survive! Raven goes down... Hogan goes down... Oh, but the Giant blocks one punch from Hart, and grabs him by the throat! THE GIANT CHOKESLAMS BRET FROM INSIDE THE RING AND OUT INTO THE FLOOR!!! BRET HART JUST MIGHT BE KNOCKED OUT COLD!!! High spot #2.

Hogan and Raven go to ring one and decide to work over Sting. The Giant and DDP double team Kevin Nash in ring two. Sting's still suffering from the effects of that low blow from Raven... his mobility is obviously impaired. Hogan and Raven put the boots on Sting. Hogan pulls Sting up... bodyslam! Raven bounces off the ropes and hits an elbow drop! Hogan taunts the crowd a bit. He pulls Sting back up... and Sting retaliates with a kick to Hogan! He punches Raven! Sting throws Raven to a corner.... he then throws Hogan into another corner!!! Sting goes for a splash... HE CONNECTS ON RAVEN!!! He goes for another splash... HE CONNECTS ON HOGAN! Raven collapses into the mat... Hogan staggers forward, Sting says 'OOOOW!' and grabs Hogan... STINGER DEATH DROP!!! Hogan just got DEATH DROPPED INTO THE MAT!

While all this was going, in ring two... The Giant and Page are double teaming Kevin Nash. Nash can't get an offensive move in... The Giant keeps hammering Nash with his forearms, while Page delivers kick after kick. The action soon makes it to the middle of the ring. The Giant and Page are alternating shots at Nash. Sting, on ring one, sees this... he bounces off the ropes and leaps across the middle ropes straight into DDP! (thanks to TGC for that one...heh) With Page out, Nash finally starts to get his shots in. Slugfest! Nash and The Giant exchanging punches! Sting and Page's collision certainly took a lot out of both men. Page decides to retreat to ring one. Raven, from ring one, goes into ring two... and goes after Sting, who's face-down on the mat, trying to recover himself.

A 'Goldberg' chant breaks out... and as if on cue, the clock says it's almost time!!! The crowd counts down... FIVE... FOUR... THREE... TWO... ONE... AND THE WAR DRUMS HIT!!! GOLDBERG EMERGES FROM THE CURTAINS AND RUNS THROUGH THE AISLE STRAIGHT INTO THE CAGE!!! One of the referees gets into the ring, which means PINFALLS AND SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW VALID!!! The other referee proceeds to padlock the two cage doors...

Goldberg gets into Ring one... he sees DDP! GOLDBERG RUNS AT PAGE, SPEAR!!! PAGE IS DOWN!!! He sees Hogan, slowly getting up after that huge Stinger Death Drop... he sets up for the spear, but Hogan gets out of the ring immediately!!! In ring two, Raven, Sting, The Giant and Kevin Nash are embroiled in battle!

Sting and Raven's battle sends them pouring out into ringside. Raven attempts to smash Sting into the cage, but Sting counters, and Raven's head hits the cage! Raven gets a second wind... and this time it's Sting who gets sent into the cage! These two are not fighting for the title shot, they're fighting each other for PRIDE!!!

Arn Anderson immediately walks down the aisle, and this gets the attention of the crowd, who boos him. Anderson has got a steel bat with him! He walks over to Hogan, who's outside the ring and slips him the bat! Hogan's got a steel bat!!!

Goldberg gets into ring two, sees Nash and The Giant duking it out. He waits for an opening... and he runs at The Giant... SPEAR!!! BOTH MEN POUR THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE ROPES AND OUTSIDE!!! Nash is alone in ring two... Page is hurting after the spear in ring two... Bret's slowly getting up outside... Hogan's hiding the bat and himself around the apron of ring one... Sting and Raven are brawling outside... Goldberg and The Giant have just gotten through the ropes and are slowly getting up.

The Giant slowly gets up, he's right in front of one of the doors of the cage... Goldberg measures him... SPEAR!!! THROUGH THE CAGE DOOR!!! THE CAGE DOOR IS RIPPED FROM ITS HINGES AND BOTH MEN ARE OUTSIDE THE CAGE!!! The Giant isn't moving... neither is Goldberg... Goldberg hit head-first on the cage door... while The Giant had his entire back land on the door!!! High spot #3, and the fans go nuts.

Sting and Raven climb onto the apron of Ring 2, they're punching each other... until Raven grabs hold of Sting...Sting does that same... both men throw each other off the apron and into the cage!!! Raven and Sting are DOWN! High Spot #4

Kevin Nash goes over to ring one... he pulls Page up... and puts him between his legs... he raises his hands to signal the JackKnife!!! HE BRINGS PAGE UP... AND SENDS HIM CRAHSING INTO THE MAT VIA A POWERBOMB!!!! Nash covers... one... two... Hogan pulls him off by the legs!!! Hogan gets into the ring... Nash slowly gets up... AND HOGAN HITS NASH WITH THE STEEL BAT ACROSS THE SHOULDER!!! NASH GOES DOWN!!! NASH IS OUT COLD!!!! HOGAN COVERS... ONE... TWO... THRE- NO!!!!! BRET HART HAS COME FROM OUT OF NOWHERE, BARELY STANDING AND HAS PULLED HOGAN OFF OF NASH!!! Hogan grabs the steel bat... Hart doesn't see it coming... Hogan takes a swing... BRET DUCKS!!! HE KICKS HOGAN IN THE GUT!!! THE BAT COMES FLYING OFF HIS HANDS, AND BRET CATCHES IT!!! BRET SMASHES HOGAN IN THE BACK OF THE THIGH WITH THE BAT!!! HOGAN GOES DOWN... AND BRET LOCKS IN THE SHARPSHOOTER!!!! DOUBLE A TRIES TO RUN IN AND SAVE HOGAN THROUGH THE OPEN CAGE DOOR... TOO LATE!!!! HOGAN'S FACE IS FULL OF AGONY... HE QUITS!!! HOGAN QUITS!!! HOGAN QUITS!!!! THE BELL IS RUNG... BRET HART HAS EARNED HIMSELF A SHOT AT THE WORLD TITLE!!!!! BODIES EVERYWHERE... IT'S A BATTLEZONE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

Schiavone says that that's all the time we have... we fade out with a shot of and exhausted Bret Hart letting go of the Sharpshooter and having his arm raised by the referee.

Winner: Bret Hart via Submission

Match Rating: **3/4

Nitro TV Rating: 5.25

RAW TV Rating: 7.31

Edit: Added a bit more to the finish (how AA failed to run in, and of course the show's closing... I forgot to write that in

Edited by wrestlingsuicide

From this point on, I'm going to be writing a monthly wrap-up. A little bit of insight into the EWR part of the diary.

A look at the world:

The industry is at a steady state

The industry is at 49% of its peak

The industry is slumping and will only get worse

A look at the competition:

World Wrestling Federation

Owner: Linda McMahon

Size: Global

PI: 93

Risk: 84

Production: 100

Top 5 Stars:

Steve Austin

The Rock

Vince McMahon

The Undertaker

Shawn Michaels

Extreme Championship Wrestling

Owner: Paul Heyman

Size: National

PI: 62

Risk: 90

Production: 75

Top 5 Stars:

Sid Vicious

Tommy Dreamer

Taz

Shane Douglas

Rob Van Dam

Juggalo Championshit Wrestling

Owner: Alex Abiss

Size: Cult

PI: 16

Risk: 88

Production: 60

Top 5 Stars:

Bob Backlund(!)

Tank Abbot (!)

Shaggy 2 Dope

Vampiro

Steve Williams (!)

Xtreme Pro Wrestling

Owner: Rob Black

Size: Regional

PI: 81

Risk: 94

Production: 55

Top 5 Stars:

Johnny Webb

The Messiah

Pitbull #1

Damien Steele

Kid Kaos

Combat Zone Wrestling

Owner: John Zandig

Size: Small

PI: 73

Risk: 81

Production: 26

Top 5 Stars:

Nick Gage

Justice Pain

Nick Mondo

Mad Man Pondo

Reckless Youth

A look at WCW:

Owner: Ted Turner

Size: Global

PI: 59

Risk: 66

Production: 100

Roster Size: 91 (THIS WILL GO DOWN SOON)

Top 5 Faces in March:

Interesting that the top 3 faces are the three men who were gone for the latter part of 1998.

1. Randy Savage - 98 ovr

2. Sting - 98 ovr

3. Bret Hart - 98 ovr

4. Goldberg - 97 ovr

5. Kevin Nash - 88 ovr

Top 5 Heels:

1. Hollywood Hogan - 100 ovr

2. Ric Flair - 98 ovr

3. Eric Bischoff - 94 ovr (he's still technically a heel)

4. The Giant - 92 ovr

5. Diamond Dallas Page - 91 ovr

Titles:

WCW World Heavyweight Title (92): Goldberg

WCW United States Title (88): Diamond Dallas Page

WCW Television Title (65): Kanyon <-- will be raised as of NOW.

WCW Tag Team Titles (80): Saturn and Rick Steiner (The Bomb Squad)

WCW Cruiserweight Title (80): Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Wrestlers returning to active action soon:

1. Scott Hall

2. Chris Benoit

3. Dean Malenko

4. Curt Hennig

Newcomers to watch out for:

1. Mike Sanders

2. ?????????

3. Jinsei Shinzaki

4. Jun Akiyama

user posted image

Nitro Preview

Last Monday Nitro, Bret Hart emerged the better of eight men during the WarGames, and is now the Number One contender to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship being held by Goldberg! Will Ric Flair have something to say about Hart's win against Hollywood Hogan? Will Hollywood Hogan have something to say!? Tune in to Nitro to find out!

Eddie and Chavo Guerrero will clash once again, this time it's for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship, on live TV! The animosity between uncle and nephew has certainly grown to a higher level... who will emerge victorious on Nitro... will Chavo retain the gold, or will Eddie win it back? Tune in to Nitro to find out!

Booker T and Chris Jericho's bitter rivalry reared its ugly head at Uncensored, and last week on Nitro, Booker T had some harsh words for Jericho... will Jericho respond this week? Tune in to Nitro to find out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevedastunner

I hadn't read this before, but I took some time and read the whole thing. This is a great diary man, and I hope it continues for awhile, especially with the possibility now of Hart getting the World title. Screw Goldberg, give the belt to Bret!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I would suppose that an explanation is in order. Well, life just took a drastic turn. I found myself a new job, I'm currently working as a VB.Net Programmer for a nice company. Work has been very hectic... and so has been life lately. I've never had the time to check the threads again, or update the diary.

But not to worry. I WILL start updating again. This is not over, not by a longshot. I only have to get my notes back and reorganize everything regarding this diary.

Expect the next show to be up in a week or so.

:shuriken:

- Wrestling Suicide / Meatloaf / Ed

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

April 5, 1999

San Antonio, Texas

The show opens with Ric Flair and Hollywood Hogan are inside the ring with Arn Anderson. Tony Schiavone tells us that Goldberg and The Giant are not here due to injuries sustained during last week's match... with them showing snapshots of Goldberg spearing The Giant through the steel cage door.

Hogan doesn't look too pleased about how last week's Nitro ended... his plans going haywire, with Bret Hart winning the number one contendership. Flair paces around the ring, collecting his thoughts. Hogan finally brings the microphone up to his mouth, and starts talking.

"Last week was travesty! Last week was a sham! I was supposed to walk out of wargames last week, the number one contender to the World Title, but that sneaky rat, Bret Hart managed to cheat his way to win... he used a steel baseball bat and hammered me in my thigh! I could have had a torn quad, brotha, my entire career was endangered with that one single move, Hitman! You know that I was the true winner of WarGames, dude, and all these pathetic people know it too! That title shot is mine, brotha!"

The fans boo. Hogan hands the microphone to Ric Flair.

"What happened last week was the biggest scandal in the history of WCW... no, it was the biggest scandal in the history of wrestling! And as WCW President, I have come to a conclusion of how Bret Hart managed to cheat his way to the WCW Title! There's only one reason why the greatest wrestler in the world, Hollywood Hogan, didn't win Wargames... was it Diamond Dallas Page? No... The Giant? No... Double A, Arn Anderson? No... the one man responsible for Hollywood's loss at Wargames was the one man in our team who wasn't part of The Alliance! That's you, Raven!"

Crowd doesn't know how to react.

"All you had to do was look after my main man's back, but you screwed up! Last week, I gave you an incentive... this week, I'm taking away that incentive... because as of tonight, consider yourself the unluckiest man in WCW! NEXT WEEK, you are going to face... THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, BILL GOLDBERG... IN A NON-TITLE... NO-HOLDS BARRED MATCH!"

Big pop from the crowd.

"And that's not all... no no no, that's not all... AT SPRING STAMPEED... you, Raven are going to be stepping inside a FIFTEEN FOOT HIGH STEEL CAGE... against... STING!!!!!"

Even bigger pop!

"You just made yourself an enemy out of the Nature Boy, and Raven... you're not going to walk out of this month alive! WHOO!"

~

Flair paces around... he looks at Hogan, and nods his head.

"As for you... Bret Hitman Hart... you ain't out of the woods yet... because that title shot IS NOT YOURS! It's not yours, it's Hogan's! The WCW Championship committee made a terrible mistake by announcing that wargames match last week... and so, as WCW President, I am announcing that next week... you, Bret Hart are going to have to step into this ring, and put the number one contendership to the WCW Title ON THE LINE against none other than Hollywood Hogan!"

The fans boo, obviously because Flair's abusing his power again.

"And in tonight's main event... Hollywood Hogan and the United States Champion, Diamond Dallas Page, are going to team up to take on Bret The Hitman Hart, and Kevin Nash in a tag match! WHOOO!"

The crowd pops at the announcement of the match. Flair then hands the microphone to Hogan.

"Bret Hart, brother, spend all the time you have in the following week knowing that your number one contendership will only last until next Monday! See, Hollywood is going to stroll in next week, destroy you with the boot and the legdrop, and take what's rightfully mine... that title shot!"

Boos from the crowd.

"As for tonight, brother... me and Page are going to teach you and Nash a little lesson... you don't cross the boss... you don't cross Ric Flair, brother... and you don't cross the Alliance... you don't cross Hollywood! Because when you cross Hollywood... you'll have to go face to face with the twenty-four inch pythons, brother... you're going to have to receive a beating, Hollywood style! Whatcha' gonna do, Hitman!? When Hollywood Hogan RUNS WILD... ON YOU!!!!"

Hogan flexes his muscles as the fans pour out their hatred for him.

~

[Raven vs. Bobby Duncum Jr.]

The first match for tonight is a heavily taped up Raven, fresh from the grueling War Games last week taking on striving jobber/lowercard Bobby Duncum Jr. This is basically a squash match for Raven who disposes of Duncum with a set of solid moves and the Evenflow DDT.

Raven, enraged by the way Flair has put the blame on him earlier, asks for a microphone.

"Listen up, all you sheep... I have something to say...."

Winner: Raven via Pinfall

Match Rating: **1/4

~

Raven's mic is suddenly cut off. He looks around, trying to figure out who the hell cut the microphone feed. The answer would come soon, as the video screens beside the entranceway display Sting, inside a dark room with minimal lighting. One can barely make out the silhouette of Sting, who's standing, his head facing the floor.

"Raven... I'm a man of a few words... so listen... listen ever so closely... at Spring Stampeed... the Stinger will have his revenge... and I guarantee you... YOU'RE A DEAD MAN."

The video feed is cut off. Raven's non-chalant demeanor seems to have changed... his face suddenly turns to one of perplexed concern. Perhaps he had pushed the bill too far... he had pushed Sting over the proverbial edge... he now had to contend with a very intense, very concentrated Sting. Schiavone put it best when he says that "The Hunter just became the Hunted!"

~

[::TV Title Match:: Kanyon vs. Curt Hennig]

Kanyon finally defends the TV Title... and it's against Curt Hennig! Hennig has been off WCW TV for quite a while, being involved with the nWo-Alliance angle, it seems like his nWo contract means that he's not fired, although he certainly isn't wearing the nWo colours, nor did he come out to nWo music. He's wearing light blue tights, reminiscent of his Mr. Perfect days in the WWF.

Hennig and Kanyon have a good, decent match. Kanyon showing why he IS the TV Champ, through a series of good moves. Hennig, however, teaches him a couple of old school moves. The match eventually turned into a slug-fest, with Hennig coming out on top after getting out of the Kanyon Cutter and nailing the Hennig-Plex. He covers and grabs the win, and the TV Title! Hennig walks out with the Title, all smiles. The fans aren't responding quite as expected, perhaps because they got used to the notion of Hennig being a heel...

...Kanyon, on the other hand, is in the ring, frustrated. He can't believe he lost the TV Title, and he's giving a litany of complaints to the referee, who doesn't care. Kanyon is near tears, watching Hennig leave with the TV Title.

Winner: Curt Hennig via Pinfall

Match Rating: **1/2

~

[booker T vs. Bam Bam Bigelow]

Booker and Bigelow are primarily brawlers... which gives this match a 'wham bam thank you ma'am' feel. Bigelow took over early, using high power moves to wear down Booker T. Booker gets his second wind however, and mounts a solid comeback. Booker T slams Bigelow to the mat, and starts calling for the Harlem Hangover! Booker starts climbing the ropes...

Bigelow gets up, he grabs the referee, distracting him... and Chris Jericho runs out of the entranceway straight at Booker T and hits him with a lowblow from behind! Booker T staggers on top of the turnbuckle and Jericho gets off the apron and ducks so as not to be seen by the ref! Bigelow grabs Booker T, and executes a SUPERPLEX off the top rope!!! Bigelow climbs the turnbuckle and hits a FLYING HEADBUTT! Bigelow covers... one... two... three! Jericho has cost Booker T this match!

Bigelow and Jericho now jump on Booker T and start breating him up! Booker T is helpless!

Winner: Bam Bam Bigelow via Pinfall

Match Rating: **3/4

~

After the severe beatdown, Chris Jericho grabs the microphone from the announcer. He stands over Booker T, legs apart, and bends over to speak straight into Booker's face. Jericho grabs Booker's head, and starts talking.

"What's the matter, Booger T? I thought you were going to 'BRING IT TO ME'!? For all your big words, you sorry sack of talentless sheep vomit, you certainly can't live up to them! You know what, you MC Hammer wanna-be, I'd suggest that you take your talentless self, and walk out of MONDAY NIGHT JERICHO! These people sure as hell aren't here to watch you go EBONIC-MANIA on them... they're all Jerichoholics, out here to watch CHRIS JERICHO!"

The fans start booing. Jericho turns to the crowds.

"Ahhh, SHUT UP! I'M TALKING HERE!"

He goes back at Booker T and starts slapping him around.

"Well, come on now... 'Bring It' to me!"

Jericho smiles and stands, he looks down on Booker T and spits at him!

"Yeah, just as I thought. You really wanna know why I left you at Uncensored? It's because you're nothing more than a parasite. I carried that damn tag team all the way to the tag team titles! I'm the man who brought us gold, and without me, you couldn't do jack! It's been the same way from the day you were born, Book! Sure, you were winning tag team titles back when you were with Stevie Ray... but after he left your sorry butt, you ended up as a pathetic singles wrestler, with no hope... UNTIL... CHRIS JERICHO ARRIVED! I gave you what you needed the most, Booker T, I gave you a good... no... A GREAT TAG TEAM PARTNER to tag with! Unfortunately, all you'll ever amount to... all you'll ever be, is a parasite. A no good, dirty, filthy parasite!"

Jericho arrogantly poses with his foot firmly on top of Booker T's chest. The fans boo him off the ring.

~

[WCW Cruiserweight Title Match: Chavo Guerrero vs. Eddie Guerrero]

Great cruiserweight match that saw Chavo and Eddie put it all on display. They give this free-TV match as much effort as they gave their PPV one. They fight each other with a mixture of passion and pride, neither man backing down. As soon as the 19th minute of this 20-minute time-limited match hits, both guys are pulling out all stops. Eddie hits a rolling neckbreaker for a two count... Chavo then counters with a surprise schoolboy pin for another two... Eddie then goes for a DDT, which Chavo counters into a fisherman suplex, and gets only two... with 20 seconds to go, Chavo climbs up top... and hits the FROG SPLASH!!! Eddie is out! Chavo tries desperately to crawl over his uncle and cover... one... two... and the bell sounds! Time has expired! Eddie Guerrero has retained his title due to a time-limit draw!

Both men are too exchausted to get up, as Chavo, on his back, is handed the Cruiserweight Title by the referee. Since he did not beat Eddie tonight to prove he was the best, a look of regret is written all over Chavo's face as the show goes to a commercial break.

Winner: Time Limit Draw

Match Rating: ****3/4

~

Backstage, Diamond Dallas Page is with Mike Tenay. Tenay's asking DDP about what he thinks of the match he's going to have tonight, and how Hollywood reacted earlier. Page, with a smirk on his face, replies.

"You know what, Tenay? We're going to wipe the floor with these chumps later tonight. The Hitman and Nash ain't going to know what hit 'em! As for Hollywood... Hollywood's going to be Hollywood. I understand that he's angry, but that's none of my fault... that loser, Raven, wasn't able to do what he was supposed to do. Me, I'm the US Champ, Tenay... I'm at the top of my game, DDP's BANGIN' in Dubya-See-Dubya! Nobody, nobody can stand up toe-to-toe against me inside the ring... in fact, I dare you, Tenay to find someone, ANYONE who can take me down! I'll even throw in the US Title in the mix!"

Page chuckles a bit, but then notices a large looming figure behind him. He turns around and sees Scott Steiner! Steiner grabs the mic from Tenay's hands.

"I think me and the freaks just heard a challenge. Well, Big Poppa Pump says... CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"

Page didn't expect this, and a look of worry is spread across his face. Steiner just stares DDP down, as Page backs off slowly. The fans cheer out loud, it seems that Page might have backed himself into a corner with that magnanamous offer!

~

Cut to somewhere else backstage, Bret Hart's walking down the corridor, ready for the match... but Kevin Nash comes into view of the camera and is blocking Hart's way. The crowd senses the tension between Nash and Hart, Big Sexy obviously also wanting the title shot at Spring Stampede. Nash just stares at Bret, and the Hitman does the same. Kevin Nash finally breaks the silence.

"You want to take these guys down? Let's do it."

The fans explode. Nash and Hart are on their way out, the tag match is up next!!!

~

[Hollywood Hogan & Diamond Dallas Page vs. Bret Hart & Kevin Nash]

Michael Buffer says that it's time for the main event and asks us if we're REEEAAAAAAAAAAAAADY TO RUMBBBBBBBBBBLEEEE!!!!!

The familiar tune of Hendrix's Voodoo Child starts playing. The fans immediately boo. Hollywood Hogan and Diamond Dallas Page walk out. Hogan exudes his arrogance They wait in the ring for their opponents.

The nWo Wolfpack's music starts playing, the fans cheer, and out walks Kevin Nash... he's got that mean glare, and he's just staring at Hogan and Page. He waits a moment, and Bret's WCW music hits... sending the fans into a louder cheer. Bret walks out, no fear on his face... he and Nash run into the ring, and this match begins with all four men BRAWLING!!!

Average match, as Hogan completely refused to sell any moves. Hart and Page tried their best to carry Hogan and Nash through this one, but they only were able to put out a decent match.

The finish came as Hogan and Bret started exchanging fists, both men running across the ropes and both men hitting a clothesline on each other. Bret starts crawling towards Nash, Hogan starts crawling towards Page! Page gets tagged in!!! Nash is tagged!!! Page backs down as Nash starts pouring in punches. Page is clotheslined out of the ring by Nash, as the crowd goes wild! The ref admonishes Nash about throwing Page out... while Page grabs a steel chair from ringside... but Scott Steiner, who pops out from the crowd, grabs the chair and plants Page in the head with it!!! Page is down!!! Steiner throws Page in the ring, who then becomes the recipient of a JACKKNIFE POWERBOMB!!! Nash covers, ONE...TWO...THREE!!! Nash and Hart win it!!! Hogan high-tails it out of the ring, not looking back. Page follows suit, as Scott Steiner smirks at ringside. Nash helps Hart up, as the crowd applauds them. Schiavone reminds us that Bret vs. Hollywood is next week!!!

Winner: Bret Hart & Kevin Nash via Pinfall

Match Rating: **

Nitro TV Rating: 6.90 (!!!!)

RAW TV Rating: 7.29

It was less than two years ago when he broke into the business...

After the most gigantic push given since Hulk Hogan was the main man in the WWF, he was on top of the entire wrestling world...

Tonight, He had the night off, and he'd been out partying in different night clubs in Atlanta...

He was already pondering about a backdoor offer made to him by Vince McMahon... WCW was sinking fast... real fast... and it was about time to jump ship... afterall, without him, where would WCW be?

All this ran through his mind as he went 200 mph on his motorbike along the highway...

...he never saw the truck coming out of the exit that sideswiped him.

WRESTLER IN NEAR-FATAL MOTORBIKE ACCIDENT; 50/50 CHANCES OF SURVIVAL

AP - Former Atlanta Falcon and current WCW Wrestler Bill Goldberg is currently in critical condition after a high-speed collision with a delivery truck. The truck reportedly sideswiped Goldberg as he was about to make an exit through the highway. Goldberg suffered various injuries including two broken legs, a pierced lung and several severe concussions. Doctors are now monitoring Bill Goldberg's condition, and have stated that his chances of survival are about 50 percent. Goldberg joined the WCW wrestling organization in mid-1997 and is currently the reigning WCW World Champion.