WCW 1999, The Wrestling Suicide Way

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

February 8, 1999

San Diego, California

Ric Flair opens the show standing in the middle of the ring. The fans immediately boo him. Flair asks for a microphone from the announcer, who readily give him one.

"San Diego, WHOOO, California! Tonight is going to be a memorable night! WHOOO! Tonight, there will be no Goldberg.... tonight, there will be no Lex Luger.... tonight, there WILL... BE... NO... STING!!! WHOOOOO!"

The fans boo even louder.

"Stinger... last week... you slipped through the cracks. Of everyone backstage, you would be the last man that I'd expect to go head-to-head against me on my quest. You, above everyone else, should know the dues that I paid... that we paid, to get where we are today. You should know how these ungrateful louts got the big pushes when there were a ton of other wrestlers who paid their dues ahead of them! Sting, you should be here, by my side... erradicating this infectious poison that's spreading in this industry!"

The fans listen for a bit, but they still jeer Flair nonetheless.

"Luger, Goldberg and Sting... they're all banned from the building... and if any one of them shows up... by God... you can expect them to receive their WALKING PAPERS! I will not tolerate subversion in MY company! I am president... I am the MAN, WHOOO!!!"

Flair walks around a bit... savoring the hatred expressed by the fans.

"Now... as for you... Bret Hart...Hitman, I gave you the opportunity of a lifetime... and you decide to blow me off!? You go out here on national television and say those words against THA' NATCHA'BOY!? I'm Ric Flair, damnit, and you are A NOTHING! A NOBODY! You, Bret Hart, are NOTHING compared to me! Bret Hart, you will know the meaning of pain... WHOO! Tonight, you're going to face CHRIS KANYON... BAM BAM BIGELOW... and DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE in a THREE ON ONE HANDICAP MATCH! WHOO! I hope you have a NICE NIGHT, BRET!"

Flair drops the microphone on the mat and does his little dance.

~

[Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Blitzkrieg]

Match #1 is a SPOTFEST lucha match... good overall quality... Mysterio won this via a Powerbomb off the top rope.

Winner: Rey Mysterio Jr. via pinfall

Match Rating: ***3/4

~

The camera cuts to backstage, where Bret Hart has just arrived. Schiavone informs us that Bret doesn't know anything about his match tonight, and that someone should inform him about it.

~

[Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Juventud Guerrera]

Chavo's being given a push, and it is evident with this match. He dominates the heel Juvy from the start of the match to the end. Another good lucha match, Chavo wins this with an IMPACT DDT on Juvy.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr. via pinfall

~

Cut to backstage, Ric Flair sitting inside the president's office. The phone rings, and Ric Flair answers it. A few beats pass by, and Flair's face is drained of color. He really looks shocked, and when Arn Anderson asks Flair what it was about, Flair refuses to answer. Flair and Arn then proceed to their limo and they drive off. Schiavone questions what this was all about.

~

A video montage is seen, it's Hollywood Hulk Hogan in some kind of beach resort setting. He speaks to the camera.

"Good evening all you lowlifes out there... I bet you sheep are wondering where Hollywood is at right now... brothas, I'm taking the vacation that I was supposed to take last week. Ain't no wrestling for Hollywood tonight... but you can expect next week to be very, very interesting... see... next week, Hollywood Hogan plans on RUNNING WILD on WCW once again! I'm going to have a warm-up match in preparation of my title defense against Goldberg at Superbrawl... next week... Hollywood Hogan is going to go one-on-one with someone who is equal to Goldberg's status in the ring... someone who can go toe-to-toe with Goldberg any DAY of the week... someone without fear... someone who knows what Hollywood Hogan is liable to do to his body when I get him in the ring... and that someone... is... LA PARKA! NOW, WHATCHA GONNA DO... WHEN HOGAN AND FLAIR RUN WILD ON YOU!?!?!?"

The crowd boos loud, Hogan vs. La Parka next week... sheesh.

[::Cruiserweight Title Match:: Eddie Guerrero vs. Billy Kidman]

This was a terrific match that had Billy Kidman realistically have a shot at winning back the title he lost to Guerrero. Nice psychology, with Kidman concentrating on Guerrero's left knee... Guerrero on the other hand resorts a ton of distraction tactics and delaying to gain the advantage. Guerrero wins this one after a well-timed low-blow on Kidman, who crumples down into a heap. The referee doesn't see it, Guerrero hits the frog splash and grabs the one-two-three.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero via Pinfall

~

It's time for the Main Event handicap match. But before the Michael Buffer gets to introduce anyone, DDP's music starts playing... this immediately receives loud boos from the crowd. DDP walks out, with a smug look on his face, cocky and confident. He heads for the ring, and grabs the microphone from Buffer.

"Yo... check this out... I think that it's about time that someone taught Bret Hart a lesson. See, the moment you came strolling into DUBYA-SEE-DUBYA... I knew you would be nothin' but trouble. I think that Bret's a Grade-A PUSSY for hightailing out of McMahon's fed... and I think that he's been nothing more but a whiny crybaby... it's time to have someone teach Bret a lesson... and that man... is ME!" Holds up his hands and brings them down quickly "Imma' make him FEEL THA' BANG!!!"

~

Bam Bam Bigelow's music starts playing, but Bigelow doesn't come out. The cameras cut backstage, where Bigelow is down on the floor of his locker room, and Scott Steiner standing above him with a steel chair. DDP is panicking, knowing that one of his team-mates for tonight has been neutralized. Steiner looks at the camera, and smiles.

"How's THAT for your BANG, huh, Page!?"

~

[bret Hart vs. Diamond Dallas Page & Chris Kanyon]

Chris Kanyon comes out next, which pacifies DDP; confident that they still have the numbers advantage tonight. Bret's music hits, and the entire arena goes wild! He walks out with the United States title wrapped around his waist... and he wastes no time getting into the ring. Fists start flying and his opponents quickly jump out of the ring to regroup.

Bret fought valiantly throughout the entire match, but DDP and Kanyon were just too much for the US Champ. Refusing to give up, Hart fights from the bottom of his guts, milking every ounce of strength that he has. Kanyon, however has something in his tights... which he throws over to DDP... a pair of brass knuckles! DDP clocks Hart on the jaw with the knux, without the referee being able to see... and Hart drops like a rock. DDP covers Hart, and grabs the pinfall win. Kanyon jumps into the ring and the two of them start to put the boots on Hart.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page via Pinfall

~

Bret is on the receiving end of brutal cheap shots by DDP and Kanyon! DDP grabs a steel chair from ringside and brings it inside the squared circle... are they going to cripple Hart!? Wait... Sting has just appeared from the crowd! He runs into the ring brandishing a steel bat, DDP and Kanyon see him, and they quickly high-tail it out of there! Schiavone says that Ric Flair is no longer in the building! Sting helps Hart up, and the arena is going wild with the appearance of sting. Schiavone says that he's worried... what if Flair fires Sting next week. Sting points towards DDP, and runs his thumb across his throat signalling a 'you're dead' message towards DDP. Page and Kanyon back-up towards the entranceway, obviously unwilling to go up against the two men inside the ring. Schiavone's screaming to the top of his lungs as the show closes.

Nitro TV Rating: 4.56

RAW TV Rating: 7.30

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

February 10, 1999

Atlanta, Georgia / Miami, Florida

Phone Conversation

Eric Bischoff: Terry... yeah... there's been a change of plans...

Terry Bollea: A change of plans? What do you mean a change of plans?

Eric Bischoff: Well... you have to give the title up sooner than we anticipated...

Terry Bollea: Are you shitting me, Eric!? I'm supposed to stay on top for 3 more months! Long title reigns... remember? You were the guys who suggested it!

Eric Bischoff: Er... yeah... sales aren't doing so well... and we need to connect with the younger audience... Goldberg's probably the most over guy in the company, and after the ratings beating we took the past coulple of weeks... well... we feel that we need someone who connects with the crowd more...

Terry Bollea: Damnit... I put people in the seats for twenty years, Bischoff... don't give me that bullshit. I'm the biggest draw you have, and you need me... beside, Goldberg's too fucking green, he's being fed everything too early...

Eric Bischoff: Look, you're going to have to give the title up eventually... and we need you to give it up at the PPV...

Terry Bollea: Fuck that, Bischoff... I'm going straight to Turner on this one... I'm Hulk fucking Hogan, and the belt stays with me for three more months...

Eric Bischoff: Come on, Terry... the last thing we need is MORE political pushing inside... I've already tied my hands as it is...

Terry Bollea: And what the fuck does that have to do with me!? You sort your own shit out, Eric, and don't try cutting me off... I've got a creative control clause in my contract, and I'm saying that the title is staying with me...

Eric Bischoff: You know what... screw this... you give up the title, or you're off TV...

Terry Bollea: What the fuck is this!? You'd better get your head on straight Bischoff... you don't know who you're talking to...

Eric Bischoff: Talk to Turner if you've got a problem with it... I don't care... I'm still the man in charge of WCW, not you... and what I say is LAW... get it? Good... see you next week... *hangs up*

Terry Bollea: Jesus Christ! Hello!? Fucking asshole.

Edited by wrestlingsuicide

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

February 15, 1999

San Francisco, California

Nitro opens with Ric Flair already inside the ring with Arn Anderson. Flair has a big smile on his face, as he begins tonights show with some words.

"Arn... I've got a question for you... last week... did I say that if Sting showed up... that he was going to be fired?" Flair points the mic over to Arn.

"Yeah."

"That's right, I thought so... now... why did I say that?"

"Because you're the man."

"WHOO! I'm THA MAN! I'm Ric Flair! That's Why! And Sting... as much as it pains me to do this..." Flair stifles a chuckle. "... I want you to come out here... I want you to walk down that aisle, and step into this ring. I want to see you face to face, Sting... because tonight, I will personally FIRE YOU, here on NITRO! WHOOO!"

A purely instrumental rendition of 'Enter The Sandman' starts playing (which throws off several fans since 'Seek And Destroy' was Sting's theme music), Sting walks out... dressed in a black shirt, and a pair of jeans. He's also wearing a black knee-length trench-coat. Again, Sting is no longer wearing any face paint, instead he's got a pair of shades on... giving him an eerie look... these fans have never seen Sting without the make-up inside the ring. Sting walks down the aisle, and steps into the ring, he goes nose to nose with Flair. Anderson's ready to pounce, but Flair tells him to back off. Flair smiles.

"The great Stinger... last week, I told you to stay the hell out of Nitro... but unfortunately, you didn't listen. My friend... I'm going to enjoy every second of this... STING... YOU ARE F-"

Before Flair is able to finish, a familiar voice is heard on the PA speakers.

"HOLD ON THERE, TIGER! As far as I know, you don't have the power to FIRE STING!"

Everyone in the arena knows the voice, and everyone out there on TV land also knows this voice. The speaker walks out to reveal himself, coming out to the familiar 'nWo' music. It's ERIC BISCHOFF! Schiavone says that Bischoff hasn't been seen since he lost the Presidency to Flair a little over two months ago! Bischoff keeps on talking as he walks down the aisle. Ric Flair's staring at Bischoff, wide-eyed and with his mouth open in shock.

"I bet you missed me, Ric... I bet that you missed good old E-Z-E! Don't worry... I'm BACK, and BETTER THAN EVER!"

Bischoff finally makes it into the ring. He eyes Ric Flair.

"Ric... you may be the current president of WCW... but unfortunately, you have no power to fire Sting... in fact, you never had the power to fire me!"

Flair just shuts up and stares a hole into Bischoff. Schiavone speculates that this must be true

"See this here..." Bischoff whips out a piece of paper. "This here is an nWo contract... and last week, in an undisclosed meeting... Sting SIGNED this contract, which, by the rules that I set down in 1996, will void his current contract with WCW. Which means, he doesn't work for WCW, Ric... he's N...W...O!!! See... the nWo isn't just a faction... it isn't just a stable... it's a completely independent COMPANY... and you, Mr. Flair, President of WCW, have NO AUTHORITY OVER THE nWo!"

Sting smiles at Flair, as he takes the microphone from Bischoff.

"Ric, this time, you're SCREWED. This time, there ain't no way out for you... and if it takes every single last ounce of strength in my body, I am going to hunt each and every single one of you down! OOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW!"

Flair explodes in rage.

"You can't do this! You can't do this!"

Bischoff then replies.

"Oh yes I can, Ric... and since you can't fire me... and you can't fire Sting... then it means that you can't fire a certain someone who wants to talk to you!"

~

The Wolfpack's music hits, and out walks Kevin Nash!!! Flair can't believe it!!! Kevin Nash walks down the aisle with a knowing grin on his face. He steps into the ring, and Bischoff hands him the microphone.

"Hello Ric... I'm baaaaaaaaaaack! I know you're probably pretty disappointed that you couldn't get rid of me that easy... but, hey... what can I say?"

Nash reaches out to grab Flair, however Arn Anderson stands in his way. Flair jumps out of the ring and starts to high-tail it backstage. Nash kicks Anderson in the gut and delivers a JACKKNIFE POWERBOMB to the delight of the fans! Nash starts pointing at Flair who's walking back to the curtains. Flair stops, turns around and points back at Nash.

"You know what, Bischoff!? You might think that you got the best of THA NATCHA BOY tonight! But you haven't! I'm still president of WCW, which means I still make the matches! I'm in control, damnit! Nash, tonight, you're going to go head-to-head with three men... you're going to go up against MENG, THE BARBARIAN and WRATH!!! And as for you, Sting... you want to take ME out!? Well tonight, you're going to have to face Goldberg!!! See how you like it! WHOOOO!"

~

[::#1 Contendership to Cruiserweight Title:: Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Billy Kidman]

Good cruiserweight battle as the opening match. Mysterio and Kidman work hard to get a pin on each other, as Chavo constantly removes himself from the ensuing fight. Kidman and Mysterio catch on to Chavo's plan, however, and start double-teaming him. Chavo manages to pull the upset, as he throws Kidman over the ropes and executes a DDT on Rey Mysterio to grab the #1 contendership to the Cruiserweight Title... and a match against Eddie Guerrero at Superbrawl.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero Jr. via Pinfall

~

[Chris Jericho & Booker T vs. Blitzkrieg & Psicosis]

This is a non-title match... Jericho and Booker are still showing that they are definitely not on the same page. Both men walk out to their own entrances, and they don't even have eye-to-eye contact for the duration of the match. The luchas hold their own against the arguing tag champs, but Jericho and Booker are too talented to lose this one. Booker hits the Harlem Hangover for the pinfall win. After the match, Jericho and Booker go to separate corners to celebrate and go on their separate ways.

Winner: Chris Jericho & Booker T via Pinfall

Match Rating:***1/2

~

[Kevin Nash vs. Meng, The Barbarian, Wrath]

Nash now fights three huge men, all of them have been guaranteed a $10,000 dollar bonus if they beat Nash... so says Tony Schiavone, who got this little bit of info before the match starts. Nash proves to be a worthy adversary however, destroying all three men during the match. Wrath manages to even things out with a well-placed shot to the kidneys. Soon, Nash finds himself in trouble as the three men take turns on beating him up. He rallies well, and starts unleashing big boots to all three men. All three men then gather back to gang up on Nash, and the ref loses control of this one... he rings the bell and awards the match to Nash.

Winner: Kevin Nash via DQ

Match Rating: DUD

~

Nash fights everyone off, and goes out of the ring... he comes back with a steel chair!!! He starts pelting each of his opponents with a steel chair shot to the head!!! The fans are going nuts, and so is Nash! Hold on... out walks Ric Flair... and he's got about a dozen security and policemen behind him.

"Security... arrest that man! Kevin Nash, you're under arrest for the use deadly force inside that ring! You've already ruined MY night... You're NOT going to ruin my main event tonight, Nash! WHOOO!!! Arrest him!!!"

Amidst the boos of the fans, Nash finally decides to give himself up. A quite audible "This is Bullshit" could be heard from Nash, as he is taken backstage by the policemen. Flair just laughs at him.

~

[::WCW Television Title Match:: Scott Steiner vs. Chris Kanyon]

Steiner walks out to mixed reactions from this crowd... they still don't take him as a face. He is set to defend his title against Kanyon, who walks out on his own... and garners a tough reaction from everyone. Steiner took control for most of the match, not letting up on the undersized Kanyon. The finish was a dubious one, however, as Bam Bam Bigelow runs out on the ramp and climbs onto the apron. The ref sees him, and heads on over to make him go away. Kanyon takes advantage, and delivers a low blow while the referee's back was turned. Steiner is small packaged and Kanyon wins the TV Title. Kanyon and Bigelow quickly retreat backstage, and a pissed of Steiner is going nuts inside the ring.

Winner: Chris Kanyon via Pinfall

Match Rating: 1/2*

~

Hendrix fills the arena, and out walks Hollywood Hogan with the World Heavyweight Title. The fans immediately start booing from the moment he walks out of the curtains, and they go on as he asks for a microphone from the announcer inside the ring.

"You know what... earlier tonight... the nWo just might have stunned most of us backstage... they just might have pulled off a big surprise by Eric Bischoff's return... and Kevin Nash's return... but see, that problem has already been corrected. Kevin Nash is currently sitting in jail, wondering how he's going to be able to make bail! As for Bischoff... I'd bet that after hearing that Nash was arrested, Bischoff must be running away like a scared dog... and as for you, Stinger... you're going to have your hands full tonight, going up against the number one contender, brother... GOLDBERG!"

Hogan smiles.

"See, I'm not the least bit scared about Nash... or Bischoff... or Sting... or Goldberg... I'm Hollywood Hogan, I'm the World Champ, and that means that I'm the man around here... that means that I say what goes down, when it does and where it does. And having the WCW President Ric Flair behind me 100%, there is no living force here or anywhere else that's going to be able to stop us! SO WCW, WHATCHA GUNNA DO, WHEN I START RUNNING WILD ON YOU!?!?!?"

~

[::non-title match:: Hollywood Hogan vs. La Parka]

Your typical Hogan squash match. Big Legdrop for the pinfall win.

Winner: Hollywood Hogan via Pinfall

Match Rating:1/4*

~

Mike Tenay is with Sting backstage.

"Sting, your match against Goldberg is only a few moments away... do you have any comments about joining the nWo?"

"You know... I spent the past year in the shadows... I spent it taking down the one thing that the nWo stood for... greed... corruption... but apparently, greed and corruption lay in the hearts of all men. I figured out that if I needed to survive in this dog-eat-dog world... I needed people behind me. That's why I joined the WolfPac... and that's the same reason why I now aligned myself with Eric Bischoff. Sure, I may not like the guy, but I hate Flair even more. Ric Flair, your entire Alliance is going down in flames, and you can expect the Stinger to be right there!"

"Now, do you have any comments regarding Bill Goldberg?"

"Goldberg? He may be tougher than nails, but the Stinger's got a couple of things under his sleeve as well... see you in the ring TOUGH MAN... OOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!"

~

[sting vs. Goldberg]

BIG BIG Match this was indeed. Both men came out to huge reception from the crowd. Sting and his new look really is getting him over. Face-off before the match commences, as Goldberg and Sting just stare at each other. This was a brutal match that saw Sting milk Goldberg's talent... he made Goldberg shine inside the ring, and the psychology of the entire match was excellent. The finish was very murky as Hogan made his way down the ramp... both Sting and Goldberg immediately notice him... what they don't notice is DDP from the crowd who jumps into the ring and attacks Goldberg. The ref immediately calls for the bell. Bam Bam and Kanyon run into the ring to follow their companion and soon it's a 3-on-2 beat-down with Hogan watching outside. Hogan decides to join in... and in comes Scott Steiner looking for payback. It's 4-on-3 right now... and the faces are getting a beat-down! Bret Hart comes running in with a bat, and clears the ring!!! The four faces are inside the ring, and the heels are outside. Flair walks out, and is pretty pissed off seeing his plans foiled once again. Bret points the bat at Flair! Bret has paid back Sting for saving him last week! Schiavone is again, as usual, pissing his pants in glee. The show ends with Goldberg, Hart, Sting and Steiner inside the ring pointing at their opponents.

Winner: Goldberg via DQ

Match Rating:***1/4

Nitro TV Rating: 5.19

RAW TV Rating: 7.35

February 17, 1999

Atlanta, Georgia

Closed-Door Meeting between Terry Bollea, Eric Bischoff and JJ Dillon

"I AM NOT GOING TO GIVE UP ANOTHER CLEAN PIN TO GOLDBERG!"

Bollea's voice could be heard from behind the closed doors of the conference room within WCW HQ. The man known as Hollywood Hogan was standing in front of the table. Seated around it were Eric Bischoff and JJ Dillon.

"I already did that last year, and see where it took this company... down the drain! I'm the reason why people are standing in line, not that two-bit one-hit wonder. Besides, it's in my contract, I get free-reign wether I decide to give a clean win to any oponnent or not... and I don't want to give this fucker another clean win over me."

Eric Bischoff decides to speak.

"Look Terry, I know you're still pissed about that phone conversation, but honestly, this is the only way we're going to be able to revive WCW... you're already a household name... and you don't need the belt. We need to solidify Goldberg as a stronger champion after that shitty booking by Nash at Starrcade! You give him the clean pin... and I won't be asking anything else from you..."

"HELL NO. I won't give him the win. Take the title away if you want to... but I don't give that sonofabitch another clean pinfall unless you give me a guarantee that he or you, or the bookers won't fuck this one up again."

"Jesus Christ. You want me to strip you of the title? You want me to take that belt and put it further down the toilet!? Damnit... Terry, all you have to do is give up on more pinfall..."

JJ Dillon steps in

"...or maybe we could find a compromise here. If you decide to allow Goldberg to get a clean win on you, Terry, we're guaranteeing you a clean win on him... no, TWO clean wins on Goldberg... possibly at the Bash at the Beach... and maybe on Nitro..."

The discussion lasted for about three hours, with neither side giving in. Less than 2 weeks away from SuperBrawl, and the real-life animosity between Hogan and Bischoff might get in the way of what is shaping up to be a great PPV.

(Gack... this took long enough. :) Here is the Nitro before Superbrawl!)

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

February 21, 1999

Sacramento, California

The show opens with Eric Bischoff inside the ring with what remains of the nWo that has been reassemlbled by Bischoff; Kevin Nash, Sting, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, Konnan, Buff Bagwell, and Curt Hennig. Kevin Nash is holding a microphone.

"Ric Flair, that little stunt you pulled last week... you think that would keep me out!? You had me arrested... you had me in cuffs... and to top it all off, you had me put in jail! Unfortunate for you that I've got enough cash to bail myself out hundreds of times over! Don't worry Ric, I plan on paying you back for everything... the way you screwed me out of the World Title... the way you screwed me out of my career... and the way you screwed with me last week... I'm going to pay you back, Naitch, and I plan on paying you back TEN-FOLD!"

The fans start cheering. Nash then hands the microphone over to Eric Bischoff.

"You know... a little less than over four years ago, a young man took a failing company into his hands... molded it into a thing of perfection... and took it straight to the top! That man took that company and demolished any and all competition! That man had vision... that man was a genius... that man was me, Eric Bischoff!!!"

The fans put in a mixture of cheers and boos.

"I took WCW, and turned it into what it is today! I put us head to head against McMahon's company, and I practically ran them to the ground! That was until you, Ric Flair, decided to stick your nose into MY business! In the span of two little months, you have practically ruined everything that I have worked for in the past four years! You, Ric Flair, have singlehandedly given the edge BACK to Vincent Kennedy McMahon... and you are the reason that this company is going to go down into the ground!!!"

The fans cheer.

"You are absolutely drunk with power, Ric Flair... you are absolutely drunk with insatiable power... and you need to go! I will not have you destroy this company... I will not have you destroy my work... I will not have you throw everything that I have worked for to waste!!! Your term is coming to an end by April, Ric... as per the match contract last year stipulated.. however, I want MY presidency back NOW, and I want you to suck it in like a man and put it on the line AT SUPERBRAWL!!!"

~

Ric Flair's music starts playing, and out he walks... a cocky smile on his face.

"Eric Bischoff... I'm going to tell you that I am a fair man. Yes, I'm a fair man... and that this Sunday night, at SuperBrawl... you are going to get another shot at redeeming youself... you want a shot at getting the WCW Presidency back!? You got it!!!"

Big cheer from the fans.

"However it's going to be a little bit more complicated than that... see, I've got a grand idea... the biggest one yet... this Sunday, at SuprerBrawl... you're going to put up a team of four wrestlers... and I'm going to put up a team of four wrestlers... and they are going to fight it out in a four on four ELIMINATION MATCH! If your team wins... you get the presidency back, no questions asked... but if my team wins... WHOOOOO!!!!! ...my reign as WCW President will be PERMANENT! WHOOOOO!!!!"

Sting grabs the microphone from Bischoff's hand. He lowers his shades and stares into Flair.

"You know what, Flair... you've got a match! You've got me... Big Sexy... Lex Luger and Big Poppa Pump to deal with... and I don't think there's going to be anyone you have who's going to be able to stop us! Ric, BRING IT ON!"

Ric Flair smiles.

"STING... WHOO! KEVIN NASH... WHOO! SCOTT STEINER... WHOO! LEX LUGER... WHOO! That's four, baby! WHOO! See, I've got something that we call a dilemma... Hollywood Hogan will be defending the World Championship at Superbrawl... and Diamond Dallas Page will be challenging for the United States Title at that same night... so, my team would have to consist of THE BEAST FROM THE EAST, BAM BAM BIGELOW... WHOOOO! MYSELF, THA NAITCHA BOY RIC FLAIR... WHOOOO!!!! AND... AND... AND... AND TWO MYSTERY PARTNERS!!!!!"

Flair grins at the nWo.

"And those mystery partners are going to be revealed this Sunday night at SUPERBRAWL!!! WHOOOOOOO!"

The fans start getting restless, they want to find out what's going to happen tonight... not the Pay Per View.

"But you know what? I'm a man who wants to give these people right here one hell of a main event! SO tonight... as a warm-up to your match at SuperBrawl... it's going to be... FOUR ON FOUR... AN EIGHT MAN TAG-MATCH INVOLVING STING... KEVIN NASH... LEX LUGER... AND SCOTT STEINER... going up against... BIGELOW!!!! THE TV CHAMP, KANYON!!! DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE!!! AND THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, HOLLYWOOD HOGAN!!!! WHOOOOO!!! Y'all have a good night!!!"

~

[Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Psycosis vs. Eddie Guerrero & Juventud Guerrera]

Another good lucha opener. Chavo's the #1 Contender to the Cruiserweight Title that Eddie's holding. Good overall match. Chavo tried to go for the DDT, but was rolled into a small package by Eddie. Eddie Guerrero held on to Chavo's tights to win this one. Guerrero leaves the ring at once, carrying the cruiserweight belt with him. Chavo's pretty irate.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero & Juventud Guerrera via Pinfall

~

Chavo grabs a microphone from the announcer and starts shouting at Eddie.

"Eddie! Eddie! You might have won tonight, but I'm telling you right now... this Sunday, at Superbrawl... that belt's mine! You hear me? I don't care if you're my uncle, I don't care if we're family... Eddie, I will get what's mine, and that belt is MINE!"

Eddie Guerrero just laughs at his nephew as he backtracks his way to the curtains. He lifts up the cruiserweight belt and pounds his chest with his other hand. Chavo points at him, and mouths the words "That's Mine!"

~

[::#1 Contendership to the WCW Tag Titles:: The Windhams vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman]

The winners will be facing Booker T & Chris Jericho for the tag-team titles at Superbrawl, says Tony Schiavone. The Windhams are pretty much out of shape, and were barely able to go up against the quicker duo of Mysterio and Kidman. Kidman hits a Shooting Star Press to win the match and the #1 Contendership. Mysterio and Kidman celebrate inside the ring, to the delight of the fans.

Winner: Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman via Pinfall

Match Rating: **1/4

~

Backstage, Booker T is talking to a couple of workers, when Chris Jericho steps in.

"Hey, Book, we've got a match at Superbrawl... and I don't want to disappoint all those Jerichoholics out there. So you're better show up in tip-top shape! I want you to look good in front of my fans out there, and not like the usual disappointment of a tag-team partner that you are!"

Booker T's nostrils flare with anger as he answers Jericho.

"Oh yeah, Sucka? The only disappointment here is you. You think you're all that, but all you really are is a wanna be chump! I'm the reason this team's even on top of the tag-team charts, Sucka, and you're just the cracka' who's in for the ride. Jerichoholics... pshhh... you'd better keep it real, Jericho!"

This pisses Jericho off... and he gets into Booker T's face.

"You'd better thank your lucky stars that you've got one-half of the tag belts... because I have had it up to here with you. I'm Chris Jericho, and YOU are a nothing. You are a nobody. You are inconsequential. Just make sure that YOU show up this Sunday... I wouldn't want to lose MY half of the tag-titles because of some lousy punk like you..."

Jericho then leaves Booker T to himself, both of them obviously quite agitated.

~

[saturn & Rick Steiner vs. The Faces Of Fear]

The makeshift tag team of Saturn and Rick Steiner make their debut tonight, against the tough team of Meng and The Barbarian. Slow, prodding match that didn't really inspire the crowd. Saturn wins this one for their new team via a Rings Of Saturn on Meng, who tapped out.

Winner: Staurn & Rick Steiner via Submission

Match Rating: *

~

[Goldberg vs. Wrath]

Goldberg DECIMATES Wrath from the first ring of the bell. He mops Wrath up with the Jackhammer and grabs the one-two-three. After the match, he goes and faces the camera, screaming "HOGAN YOU'RE NEXT!"

Winner: Goldberg via Pinfall

Match Rating: 1/4*

~

Hollywood Hogan is backstage, getting ready for the four on four tonight. Mike Tenay walks up to him and asks him about who the mystery partners are going to be for Flair tommorow.

"It doesn't matter, Tenay... it doesn't matter who these two mystery partners are! Because to put it simply, the nWo is done for... stick a fork in it... it's passed its time... and brotha' tonight is going to be the beginning of the end for Sting, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, and Lex Luger! Tonight, they're going to realize that there ain't no running from the Hogan-Flair alliance, Brotha! Me, DDP, Bam Bam Bigelow and Kanyon are going to rip them apart in the ring! Whatcha gonna do, when HOLLYWOOD AND THE ALLIANCE RUNS WILD ON YOU!?!?!?!"

~

[sting, Lex Luger, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner vs. Hollywood Hogan, Diamond Dallas Page, Bam Bam Bigelow, Kanyon]

The Main Event introductions took so much time, considering every guy was introduced individually. First introduced were Kanyon, Bigelow, DDP and Hogan. The four men wait inside the ring for their opponents. Next out were Luger, Steiner, Nash and Sting... each of them walking out to their individual music. The fans can't wait for this one, seeing as how eight big names are in the ring at the same time. After several moments, it is finally decided that Steiner and Bigelow start off in this one.

The match goes on, with all wrestlers getting their time in against the opposing team. The fans cheered loudly for this one. Towards the end, the entire ring turns into a battleground as the referee gets knocked out via a miscalculated Stinger Splash... all eight men jump in a engage into an all-out brawl. Kanyon, Luger, DDP and Sting are battling in one corner... Steiner and Bigelow are dueling in another corner, while Hogan and Nash are duking it out in the middle of the ring. The legal men are Sting and DDP.

Hogan and Nash spill out into ringside, so do Steiner and Bigelow. Sting and Luger make quick work of Kanyon and DDP. DDP jumps out of the ring, and leaves Kanyon to fend for himself... who gets demolished by both Luger and Sting. Luger then takes Kanyon outside and they continue to brawl. Page grabs the ring bell, and sneaks back into the ring behind Sting, Sting has no clue as to what's about to happen! But out of the crowd comes Bret Hart with a bat! Hart jumps into the ring behind DDP, swings him around and hits Page on the neck with the bat!!! Page goes down like a rock! Hart jumps out, Sting turns around and sees Hart screaming at him.

"Pin HIM!" Hart screams at Sting.

Sting covers, while Hart goes to revive the referee... ONE... TWO... THREE! Sting and the nWo wins the match! Soon, the heels decide to regroup and retreat backstage. It seems like Hogan and company had had enough for tonight.

Winner: Sting, Luger, Nash, Steiner

Match Rating: *3/4

~

Luger, Sting, Nash and Steiner stand in the ring while Bret Hart walks to the back carrying the bat. Sting grabs a microphone, and starts talking.

"Hart! Stop right there, you and me... we've got something to discuss!"

Bret stops, and turns around. He looks at Sting with a determined face. Sting continues.

"Hart, I save your ass... and you save mine... that's all good and dandy... but right now... I'm going to offer you... no, WE are going to offer you a spot at the nWo..."

The fans start cheering for Bret to accept! Hart steps back into the ring. Sting stands before him, with Nash, Luger and Steiner behind Sting. Nash steps forward and grabs the mic.

"Come on, Bret. You remember back in '96? You remember when you almost left those bastards up north... Bash at the Beach... it wasn't supposed to be Hogan! It wasn't supposed to be that balding freak! It was supposed to be YOU! WE WERE GONNA' TEAR UP THIS PLACE! So, now, we can... and we will!!"

Hart looks at the crowd, and then back at the four men standing before him. He takes the microphone from Nash... and speaks in a steady, tough voice.

"I don't need the nWo."

Bret drops the microphone, and leaves the ring. Steiner, Luger, Nash and Sting all stare at the Hitman as he walks backstage. The fans start booing, Sting just continues to stare, and the cameras isolate on him. Schiavone wonders what's going on inside Sting's mind right now... and for that matter, what's going on inside Nash, Luger and Steiner's minds... now that Bret Hart has obviously turned down their offer!

Nitro TV Rating: 5.19

RAW TV Rating: 7.36

user posted image

SUPERBRAWL IX COMPLETE CARD

February 28, 1999

Los Angeles California

[::Cruiserweight Title Match:: Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.]

Eddie Guerrero, the Cruiserweight Champion, has aligned himself with the Flair-Hogan Alliance. Chavo, his nephew, has earned himself the right to fight Eddie for the Cruiserweight Title. Is this the early stages of a bitter family feud?

[::TV Title Match:: Chris Kanyon vs. Konnan]

Chris Kanyon, recently winning the TV Title off of Scott Steiner will be making his first defense against nWo member, Konnan! This was a match announced a few days before Superbrawl, and will only add to the fire between the nWo and the Alliance!

[::Tag Team Title Match:: Chris Jericho & Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman]

Will mis-matched partners Chris Jericho and Booker T be able to put aside their differences and defend their Tag Team Titles successfully against the quick and skilled tag-team of Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman!?

[::United States Title Match:: Bret Hart vs. Diamond Dallas Page]

Bret Hart has declined invitations from both the nWo and the Alliance, and now Ric Flair has set his sights on stripping Hart of the US Title! Will Diamond Dallas Page be able to win gold at Superbrawl and probably drive Hart out of WCW!?

[::World Heavyweight Title Match:: Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg]

Perennial World Champion, Hollywood Hogan must defend his title against the one man who took it away from him, Goldberg! Will this rematch of all rematches be the beginning of another Goldberg title reign, or will Hogan and the Alliance hold on to the World Title!?

[::For the Presidency of WCW:: Sting, Kevin Nash, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner vs. Ric Flair, Bam Bam Bigelow, ???, ???]

Sting has returned, and he has aligned himself with Kevin Nash, Lex Luger and Scott Steiner, the nWo! Will this hardy group of stars be able to defeat Ric Flair, Bam Bam Bigelow and two mystery partners? Who are these two mystery partners that Ric Flair will be introducing at Superbrawl!?

TUNE IN, THIS SUNDAY NIGHT, FEBRUARY 28, 1999! ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEW!

SUPERBRAWL IX IS COMING, AND DON'T YOU MISS IT!!!

WCW Headquarters

Atlanta, Georgia

February 25, 1999

~

Eric Bischoff is inside his office, talking to JJ Dillon.

Eric Bischoff: I've solved our problems with Terry.

JJ Dillon: You what? How in the world did you do that?

Eric Bischoff: We came upon a compromise. I gave into some of his concessions and he gave in to some of mine.

JJ Dillon: A compromise? So, is he dropping the title, or not?

Eric Bischoff: See... it's like this...

~

(Hot off the presses! I give you, Superbrawl IX... extra effort went into the Hart/Page and Hogan/Goldberg match... ;) Hope you like it...)

user posted image

WCW SUPERBRAWL IX

February 28, 1999

Los Angeles, California

Non-Televised Match

Curt Hennig def. Saturn via Pinfall

[::Cruiserweight Title Match:: Eddie Guerrero vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.]

This was a good cruiserweight opener for the entire PPV Card. Eddie is the established heel in this one, although the crowd wasn't completely behind Chavo. The match itself was very excellent and showed how well these two men knew each other's styles. Good spots held by both mean, which also saw Eddie attempt a frog splash that Chavo countered with a big drop kick to the chest. Eddie wins this one via a timely low blow and a quick roll-up while holding on to the tights for the pinfall win. Eddie quickly runs out of the ring, while Chavo expresses his frustration by kicking the ring ropes.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero via Pinfall

Match Rating: ****3/4

~

[::TV Title Match:: Kanyon vs. Konnan]

Another decent match to follow the earlier spot fest. Konnan has enough skill to actually go toe-to-toe with the budding Kanyon. Kanyon is quicker, however, and apparently wiser than Konnan, as he uses a steel chair with the referee knocked out cold. Konnan gets cut in the forehead as a result of the hit, and is practically unconcious. Kanyon hits the Flatliner to win this one and the title retention.

Winner: Kanyon via Pinfall

Match Rating: ***1/4

~

[::Tag Team Title Match:: Chris Jericho & Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. & Billy Kidman]

Jericho and Booker, evident from last Nitro, are not on speaking terms. Kidman and Mysterio on the other hand were a very effective tag team. Rey and Kidman showed this effectiveness as they completely dominated the match against the feuding champions. Jericho, at one time, even threatened to leave the ring and head backstage. Jericho and Booker skin the cat on this one as Booker T manages to defeat Kidman with a side kick to the jaw that drops him out cold, and gets the three count before Mysterio could come in to break the pinfall. Booker T leaves with his half of the belts, while Jericho celebrates in the middle of the ring. It's obvious that these two will have a lot more to settle in the future.

Winner: Chris Jericho & Booker T via Pinfall

~

[::United States Title Match:: Bret Hart vs. Diamond Dallas Page]

Michael Buffer steps into the ring, getting ready for the next match.

"Ladies and gentlemen... the next match is for the WCW United States Championship!!!"

Buffer pauses to let the fans cheer.

"Introducing first, the challenger..."

A remixed version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" starts playing. It's a meaner version of the old Self-High Five song. The fans start booing. DDP walks out of the curtains, with a methodic strut of arrogance.

"...he is a former WCW United States Champion... he is currently a member of the Flair-Hogan Alliance... he refers to himself as the HARDEST WORKING MAN in Wrestling... he is the master of the Diamond Cutter... he is DIAMOND DALLAAAAAAAAS PAAAAAAAAGE!"

DDP rolls into the ring raises his hands and brings them down, shouting a big "BANG!!!". He goes over to his corner and prepares for the arrival of his opponent.

Bret's bastardized WCW music starts playing. The fans get on their feet and start cheering.

"And now, introducting the Champion... he hails from Calgary, Alberta, Canada... he is one of the best technical wrestlers in the world today... he is the Exellence of Execution... the Best There Is, the Best There Was, and the Best There Ever Will Be... he IS the reigning WCW UNITED STATES CHAMPION... he is BRET HITMAAAAN HAAAAART!"

Bret heads off into the ring, with the US belt wrapped around his waist. He enters the ring, and climbs the turnbuckle... raises his hands to the crowd. Bret hands the title off to the referee, Nick Patrick... but not before kissing it. Patrick raises the belt for everyone in the arena to see. He gives it to the announcer at ringside, and starts walking back. Before he even makes it back to the middle of the ring, Bret Hart immediately jumps DDP!!!

Bret starts raining left hands into Page's skull. Nick Patrick asks for the bell to be rung to signify the beginning of the match. Hart lets go of Page, only to put in a couple of boots into DDP's ribcage. Hart pulls Page up, and throws him to the ropes... Bret lowers his head, and delivers a big back-body drop. Bret then goes back to pounding Page with lefts and rights. Hart seems to have had enough, and he stops, and pumps up the crowd, who cheers for him.

Hart goes back to Page, who catches the champ off-guard with a punch to the gut. DDP then hits a gutwrench suplex on the doubled-over Hitman. He immediately goes for the pin, and gets a two count. Page pulls Bret up, and sends him to the ropes... clothesline from DDP! A couple of elbow drops from Page, and he pulls Hart back up again. Page throws Hart into a corner, and follows it up with another clothesline. DDP starts jawing with a couple of fans at ringside.

Bret gets thrown to the ropes again, and Page tries another clothesline... but Bret ducks, bounces off the ropes, and hits a crucifix... for the two count. Bret waits until Page gets up, and hits him in the face with a right hand. Page staggers back. Hart kicks him in the gut, bending him over, and hits a snap vertical suplex. That knocks the wind out of Page, and Hart immediately goes for a headlock. Page slowly tries to get up, and attempts to throw Bret off into the ropes, but Hart latches on and drags Page back down into the mat. Page tries once again, and tries to throw Bret off... but again, Bret grabs tightly and drags Page down.

Page gets up once again, and feigns an attempt to throw Bret off, but instead, he grabs Bret at the waist and hits a shoulder suplex! Page shakes the cobwebs off, and gets up first. He goes after Hart, and picks him up... bodyslam. DDP runs across the ropes, and hits a big running elbow. DDP gets up again, and delivers another elbow. He goes for the pin. Two count. Page picks the Hitman up, and hits him with a right hand... and another... and another... and Bret goes down. Page goes for the pin... another two count. DDP is slowly getting frustrated... he starts raking Bret's eyes with the sole of his boot.

Page tries to pick Bret up again, but the Hitman now goes for his thigh with a stiff kick. Another kick... and another... and Page goes down! Hart immediately goes after DDP's left leg, lifting up up, and kicking the inner thigh... then executing a single leg lock. After a few minutes of this, Hart lets go, although he doesn't let up. He kicks DDP's leg again... and this time locks in a figure four, which nearly decimates DDP. Page doesn't submit... and Hart lets the hold go. Bret lifts Page, and delivers a backbreaker! Hart picks DDP up, and hits a side russian legsweep! Hart now signals to the crowd that he's going up to the 2nd rope... and he hits an elbow drop!!! Page is almost out cold... and Bret is slowly getting up. Everyone can feel that's it time for the Sharpshooter!!! Bret gets ready, he picks up both of Page's legs... and he cinches it in! Page is in complete agony! Hart is going for the kill and the win right here!

After a few agonizing moments, however, Page is able to barely crawl his way out of the Sharpshooter by grabbing the bottom rope with his left hand. Nick Patrick is forced to have Bret let go of the hold. Bret lets go, and immediately goes back to work on Page. He bends over to grab Page... but Page reverses it into a small-package! One... two... and a kick-out by Bret!

Hart gets up and kicks Page in the gut. He picks Page up, who's barely standing after the damage Hart caused by the Sharpshooter. Bret throws Page into the corner... and he charges in for a shoulder-tackle... but Page moves out of the way! Hart takes in the brunt of the turnbuckle... he staggers back.. and Page HITS THE DIAMOND CUTTER!!! Hart is down, Page is down as well! Nick Patrick starts counting both men out... one... two... three... four... five... six... seven... eight... and Page manages to drape a hand over Hart... ONE... TWO... THR-no! Hart kicks out with every last ounce of strength that he has!

Page and Hart slowly, slowly get up... Page goes for another Diamond Cutter... but Hart shoves him into the ropes... Hart goes for a clothesline... which Page ducks... Hart turns around... DIAMOND CUTTER by Page!!! He goes for the cover... ONE... TWO... THREE!!! DDP wins the United States Championship!!! Both men are spent... and Page barely makes it to his feet to receive the belt. The fans start booing! Page rolls out of the ring and heads back.

Hart finally comes to... and he sits in disbelief... the crowd gives him an ovation nonetheless... out of pure respect.

Winner: Diamond Dallas Page via Pinfall

~

[::World Heavyweight Title Match:: Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg]

Michael Buffer steps into the ring, signifying that the next match is about to begin.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the next match is scheduled for one fall... and it is for the WCW Heavyweight Championship... Of The World!"

The drums start playing, and the entire arena goes nuts. Chants of "Goldberg" could be heard all around the arena.

"Introducing first... the challenger... he holds the record number of consecutive wins in WCW history... he is a former WCW United States Champion... a former WCW World Heavyweight Champion... he fears no man alive... he is unstoppable... he is GOOOOOOOLDBEEEERG!!!"

Preceded by a long line of security men, Goldberg emerges from the curtains. He poses for the customary fireworks show, and makes his way down the ring. He goes through his usual routine, stretching, growling and snorting inside the ring.

Jimmi Hendrix's Voodoo Child then fills the arena. Fans immediately start booing.

"And now... introducing the Champion... he is one of the founding fathers of the nWo... he is currently a member of the Flair-Hogan Alliance... his name is well-known all over the world... he has starred in countless movies... he has held various World Titles in North America... he is the REIGNING WCW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD... HOLLYWOOOOD HULK HOOOOOOOGAN!"

Hogan walks out with the WCW title, and starts playing it like a guitar to the music. If looks could kill, then Goldberg's firm stare into Hogan would definitely put the veteran more than six feet under. Hogan steps into the ring, he goes through is usual routine. The referee, Charles Robinson asks for the WCW belt from Hogan. He lifts the belt up high for everyone to see. Hogan and Goldberg goe face-to-face. The anticipation is unbelievable... as Schiavone put it... "This is a rematch to END all rematches!"

Hogan begins with a SLAP TO THE FACE! Goldberg replies with a massive RIGHT HAND! Hogan staggers backwards from the blow. Goldberg grabs Hogan and throws him to the ropes... Hollywood bounces off the ropes and tries to take Goldberg down with a shoulder-block. Goldberg doesn't budge! Hogan tries once again, and again, Goldberg refuses to budge! Hogan goes at it for one more try, and Goldberg delivers a shoulder-block of his own to send Hollywood sprawling into the canvas. The fans explode at this show of power from Goldberg!

Goldberg pulls Hogan up to his feet, picks him up and hits a bodyslam. Goldberg then bounces off the ropes and delivers an elbow drop into Hogan's sternum. Hogan doubles in pain. Goldberg stands up and pulls Hollywood up again. Hogan, though, gouges Goldberg's eyes this time. Goldberg backs off, as Hogan regains his composure. With a kick to the gut, Hogan seems to have penetraded Goldberg's defenses. Hogan then sends Goldberg into a corner via a forceful irish whip. Hogan tries to follow it up with a clothesline, but Goldberg comes back with one of his own! Hogan finds himself on his back, again!

Goldberg recovers, and stomps on Hogan's chest with a left boot. After a couple more shots, Goldberg pulls Hogan back up, and throws him to the ropes... Hollywood bounces off the ropes... and Goldberg delivers a mean side-kick into Hogan's face! Big pop from the crowd!!! Goldberg puts himself into one corner, and it seems like he's going for the Spear!!! Hogan slowly gets up... Goldberg starts running... but Hogan sees him from the corner of his eye, and immediately rolls out of the ring! Goldberg slows down and follows Hollywood outside.

With his back turned to Goldberg, Hogan doesn't see him come up from behind. Goldberg grabs Hogan by the back of the neck and throws him into one of the steel posts! The ref starts counting. Goldberg grabs Hogan and throws him towards the steel steps... Hogan reverses, and Goldberg hits the steps with force, knocking them out of place! Hogan takes advantage of this, and delivers a knee into Goldberg's midsection. Hogan then punches Goldberg in the face before rolling him back into the ring. Hogan also rolls back in, but exchanges some insults with a couple of fans at ringside before doing so.

Hollywood has the advantage now, and he grabs Goldberg and hits a body slam, and delivers an elbow drop of his own. Hogan proceeds to choke Goldberg with two hands, shouting at 'Berg to quit. The referee immediately admonishes Hogan, who doesn't care, since if he loses via DQ, he retains the title. Hogan pulls Goldberg up, and hits another bodyslam. He goes for the cover, but only gets a two-count. Hogan goes for the cover again, but Goldberg kicks out this time before the 2nd count. Hogan goes back to choking Goldberg. He then moves from the choke into a headlock. Goldberg starts powering out of it... and shoves Hogan into the ropes... shoulder tackle! Hogan goes down! Goldberg goes after Hogan, who decides to roll out of the ring.

Outside, Hogan and Goldberg start exchanging blows... with Goldberg gaining the advantage. Hogan counters this with another rake to Goldberg's eyes. He slams Goldberg's head into the steel corner of the ring, and rolls him back in. Hogan rolls into the ring, and starts to call for the Big Boot. He grabs Goldberg and throws him into the ropes... Hogan raises his leg to deliver the boot... but Goldberg ducks, Hogan hits the referee with the boot!!! Charles Robinson is out cold!!! He follows through and bounces off the ropes, SPEAR ON HOGAN! Hogan has been taken out!!! Goldberg goes wild, and so does this crowd!

The fans start booing, however, when Eddie Guerrero, DDP and Kanyon start running down the aisle. Goldberg sees them from the corner of his eye. Hogan rolls out of the ring, to avoid Goldberg's wrath. Kanyon is in first... SPEAR BY GOLDBERG!!! Eddie Guerrero is in... SPEAR!!!! DPP goes in next... ANOTHER SPEAR!!! Goldberg starts cleaning house, and throws everyone outside. Bodies are everywhere!! Hogan grabs a steel chair... he waits for his opportunity, while Goldberg in indisposed. But someone from the crowd runs out... a masked wrestler!? A wrestler wearing a white shirt, and a pair of jeans with a black mask on his face is parting the crowd near ringside. He jumps over the barricade and grabs the chair from behind Hogan! Hollywood is surprised by the unknown assailant... CHAIR SHOT ON HOGAN! The masked wrestler rolls Hollywood back into the ring, drops the chair and heads back where he came from!

Goldberg sees the barely conscious Hogan... Hogan slowly tries to stand... Goldberg's in the corner, waiting for the opening... Hogan slowly gets up, still dazed from the chair shot... and GOLDBERG HITS ANOTHER SPEAR!!! The crowd goes nuts!!! Goldberg raises his hands into the air!!! He pulls Hogan to his feet and locks him into position... JACKHAMMER!!! Charles Robinson finally wakes up in time to see the pinfall... ONE... TWO... THREE!!! GOLDBERG WINS THE WORLD TITLE!!!

Goldberg wins the big one, and the crowd is celebrating with 'Berg. The Alliance recuperate and head backstage. Hogan is probably wondering who the masked wrestler was!

Winner: Goldberg via Pinfall

Match Rating: 3/4*

~

Backstage, Hollywood Hogan is screaming his head off at Page, Kanyon and Guerrero! He demands to know who the masked wrestler was! He storms out of the room and heads to his limousine... seems like he's had enough for tonight!

~

Michael Buffer announces that it is time for the MAIN EVENT! It is an EIGHT MAN, ELIMINATION TAG MATCH, with the winners deciding the fate of the Presidency of WCW!

Eric Bischoff, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner and Lex Luger each get their own lengthy introdcutions from Michael Buffer, and their own pyro. The fans cheer for the threesome, as they made their way into the ring. "Enter Sandman" hits, and the entire arena errupts... Sting runs into the ring, and he fires up the crowd by climbing onto the turnbuckles. Nash, Luger and Steiner follow suit... and soon, they have this crowd into a frenzy.

Buffer then begins to introduce their opponents... "And now... introduc-" At that point, Buffer's microphone goes out. Ric Flair's music starts playing, and everyone starts booing. Flair, Arn Anderson and Bigelow walk out. And Arn Anderson is wearing wrestling gear!? What!? they walks down the aisle and stop midway between the ring and the entrance curtains. Flair has a microphone in his hand. Bischoff grabs a working microphone, and starts talking.

"What the hell is this, Flair!? You're sending in that dinosaur!? Are you kidding me!? My boys are going to destroy you!"

"Whooo! You know what Bischoff, you're right! Arn Anderson is going to be making his in-ring return here TONIGHT on Superbrawl IX! WHOOO! But, but... that's not the only surprise... Bischoff... I told you I would be bringing in two mystery partners... one of them is the ENFORCER... and the other one... the other one... is the MEANEST... BADDEST... BIGGEST MAN IN THE HISTORY OF THIS COMPANY... THIS INDUSTRY... ALSO MAKING HIS RETURN TO THE WRESTLING RING... THE GIAAAAAAANT! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

The lights go out... and a bad-ass rock theme starts playing. And The Giant walks out, and he looks fitter than ever! The crowd can't believe it... he's back! He's got a mean scowl on his face... and he seems to have taken the nWo by suprise!!! Bischoff's jaw drops at the appearance of The Giant! Schiavone informs us that Bischoff let the Giant go last year after a huge contract dispute! The four heels start walking down into the ring! This match is going to go underway!

~

[::For the Ownership of WCW:: Sting, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner vs. Ric Flair, Bam Bam Bigelow, Arn Anderson, The Giant]

The Giant is the first competitor for his team, and Lex Luger volunteers himself to go up against the big man. Luger immediately goes to the ropes, and goes for a clothesline, that hardly even puts a dent into the big Giant. The Giant grabs Luger and slaps a huge fist down into Luger's chest. luger collapses into the mat. LEGDROP from The Giant! Jesus, Luger seems to be out cold after that one. The Giant picks Luger up and delivers a massive POWERSLAM! The Giant isn't over... as he grabs Luger again and throws him to the ropes... and delivers a GIANT BOOT! Luger is out of it. The Giant picks Luger up, wraps his right hand around Lex's neck, and hit a big CHOKESLAM! And that's good enough for the three-count. Lex Luger has been eliminated.

Out next is Scott Steiner, who manages to at least rattle The Giant with his massive forearms. The Giant staggers back into the ropes, when Bigelow slaps him in the back to make the tag. Bigelow and Steiner immediately go after each other... landing blow after blow, exchanging shots! They hardly take notice of the referee, admonishing them... soon the ref gets in the way of the vicious action... and is shoved into the floor. The ref asks for the bell to be rung... he's disqualified both men!!! Bigelow and Steiner are both gone!!! Scott Steiner has been eliminated. Bam Bam Bigelow has been elminated.

The match is reset, and now it's Arn Anderson and Sting inside the ring. Anderson and Flair take control of the match, using well-timed tags to keep each other fresh. Sting is beaten down badly. Nash is trying to get into the ring, but the ref won't allow it until he sees a tag! Sting is exhausted after being beated by Flair and Anderson. Anderson picks Sting up, now, and seems ready to hit a massive Spinebuster... but Sting reverses... STINGER DEATH DROP!!! ONE...TWO... THREE!!! The Enforcer has been pinned! Arn Anderson has been eliminated.

The Giant immediately steps into the ring, but Sting tags out to Kevin Nash! It's the two huge behemoths in the ring now, as Sting and Flair wait in the sidelines. Big devastating blows are exchanged by both big men. Soon the action spill outside, where they keep on exchanging blows! The referee has given them enough leeway and has started counting... one... two... three... Nash and The Giant seem to be oblivious to the count!... eight... nine... then!!! Both men have been counted out!!! Kevin Nash has been eliminated. The Giant has been eliminated.

The match is reset. It's down to two men! Sting and Ric Flair, the crowd is on fire! Flair gives out a "WHOOOOOOOO!", while Sting replies with a louder "OOOOOOOOW!" The match went back and forth on this part... with Sting gaining the advanage only to lose the momentum to Flair's cheating. Flair soon manages to throw Sting out of the ring. Flair then distracts the referee... from the crowd... out jumps Raven!? With the referee's back turned... Raven nails Eric Bischoff with a steel chair!!! And he nails Sting with it as well!!! Raven rips off the protective matting on the floor...Raven then hits an EVENFLOW DDT into the concrete floor!!! Raven throws Sting back in... and Ric Flair takes advantage by cinching in the Figure Four! Sting is out cold, and the referee has no other decision but to call for the submission win! Flair has won the presidency! Bischoff is out cold... Sting is out cold... and Raven just stares at the fallen carcass of Sting! Ric Flair laughs out loud, while the crowd starts booing! Trash starts flying into the ring!

Tony Schiavone is having his usual fit! This was a remarkable PPV! Raven has just cost the nWo the WCW Presidency, why!?!? Has he aligned himself with The Alliance!? TUNE IN TOMORROW NIGHT ON NITRO!

Winner/Survivor: Ric Flair

Match Rating: 3/4*

Superbrawl IX PPV Buyrate: 1.23

Superbrawl IX PPV Attendance: 14,507

No Way Out PPV Buyrate: 1.98

No Way Out PPV Attendance: 20,823

user posted image

WCW MONDAY NITRO PREVIEW

March 1, 1999

The aftermath of Superbrawl will be immense, as the nWo have failed to wrest control of WCW from Ric Flair's hands. Instead, Flair's presidency is now permanent, as per the match stipulation. Will Raven have an explanation on Nitro, did he join the Alliance!? The Giant made his WCW return during that main event, and was in the midst of a brutal fight with Kevin Nash that led to both their DQ's. Diamond Dallas Page successfully defeated Bret Hart to win the US Title, will Bret want a rematch on Nitro!? Goldberg defeats Hollywood Hogan for the 2nd time, to win his 2nd World Heavyweight Title... who is the masked man that interfered in the match and cost Hogan his belt!? Stay tuned, only on WCW Monday Nitro!!!

Oakland, California

3 hours before Nitro on March 1, 1999

Terry Bollea a.k.a. Hollywood Hogan walks into the arena wearing his civilian clothes. He is greeted by most of the crew, although he just keeps on walking without acknowledging anyone. Before making it to the designated dressing rooms, he runs into Bill Goldberg in the corridor. Goldberg makes a flippant remark.

"Heya Champ."

This just sets Terry Bollea off. He starts shouting at Goldberg.

"If you work hard enough, and stop asking for hand-me-downs, maybe you'd get lucky and get called that. Don't think for a second that that belt's staying with you, you're just filler, boy, and that's the way it's going to be."

"What the fuck is YOUR problem!?"

"My problem? My problem? YOU'RE my problem."

"Well then, why don't you solve your problem right now..."

Goldberg then just SLAPS Bollea in the face! Terry retaliates with his fists, and soon both men are down on the floor having a fist-fight. Securty guys and several wrestlers run in to seperate the two. Scott Steiner pulls Goldberg off Bollea, while Ed Leslie pulls Bollea away. The two are then sent to separate locker rooms to cool down.

user posted image

[WCW MONDAY NITRO]

March 1, 1999

Oakland, California

~

The show opens with Flair and The Alliance already in the middle of the ring, being rained by boos from the fans inside the arena. DDP, Kanyon, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho are all sporting their titles... while Hollywood Hogan is standing in a corner behind everyone else, obviously thinking about what he's going to say tonight. Flair sports a big smile, as he is flanked by Arn Anderson to his right, and The Giant to his left. He whips out a microphone and starts talking.

"Ladies and gentlemen... you are now looking at the PERMANENT WCW President! Whooo! You are now looking at THA MAN! You're loking at the man that BEAT the nWo last night! Sting!? Nash!? Steiner!? Luger!? ALL OF THEM, NOTHING compared to THA NATCHA' BOY!!! WHOOO!!! And you know what, just because I am in a celebratory mood... the nWo is BANNED from the building tonight! WHOOOO!"

Big boos from the crowd.

"You are all looking at Ric Flair... and the most illustrious collection of athletes in the world today! Whoooo! The Enforcer, Arn Anderson! Making his debut last night, the biggest force in the history of WCW, The Giant! Whooo! Cruiserweight Champ, Eddie Guerrero!!! Tag Champ, Chris Jericho!!! Television Champ, Kanyon!!! But most of all... I am proud to give you, the newly crowned United States Champion... Diamond Dallas Page! Whooo!"

Page is handed the microphone.

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Last night, I fought a battle... I fought a war, damnit... and I BEAT THE LIVING CRAP outta that monkey-boy you all call the Hitman. He wasn't any challenge, boy... and Ric, no offense, but for my first title defense, you'd better give me someone who's betta' and badda' than Bret Hart....I AM the US champ again, and all you chumps had better realize, like Bret Hart realized last night... you can't stop the inevitable... you can't stop the Diamond Cutter... you CAN'T STOP THA BANG!!!"

It's at this point that Hogan walks over to Page and grabs the microphone from his hands. He shoves Page aside, and starts talking with a frustrated voice.

"ENOUGH ALREADY! While you're all celebrating, realize this... I lost the World Heavyweight Title last night! You all cost me the one title that meant something! I ask you guys for help, and all you brought me was incompetence! All you had to do was take care of Goldberg, and even you guys couldn't HANDLE THAT! Now, what I want to know, Flair... is the identity of the masked man that assaulted me last night! That man cost me the World Title... and I'll be damned, brotha, if I don't get my revenge. You're the president, Flair, you should know what the hell is going on! Brotha, you'd better provide some solution to this problem!"

Flair tries to calm Hogan down, and replies.

"Hold on, Hollywood... Hold on, calm down... I know you're angry... heck, I'm angry as well! I don't want someone like Goldberg holding on to the gold belt! There's a solution to this... and we're going to find out who's screwed you out of the belt... who's screwed US out of the belt! You've got to get your head together, brother, you're in a match tonight... Tonight... you're going to team up with DDP... Hollywood Hogan, and Diamond Dallas Page... whooo!!! To take on Goldberg and Bret Hart! Whooo! And I promise you... we'll have answers before the night is over!"

~

[Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Super Calo]

Your nice lucha opener that we have all grown accustomed to. Calo isn't as polished as Mysterio in the lucha ways, however. Rey wins this one with a combination Hurricanrana/Pinfall.

Winner: Rey Mysterio Jr. via Pinfall

Match Rating: **

~

Outside, cameras catch Eric Bischoff with the nWo arguing with about two dozen security guards.

"I'm sorry Mr. Bischoff, but Pres. Flair has banned the nWo from the building tonight..."

"Banned!? Banned!? You can't ban us! My guys are going to get in there, one way or the other... so if you won't let us in, then I'm going to find a way!!! I'm taking down your badge number, because once this is all settled down... I assure you... you are going to be looking for a job selling fries for Wendys!!!"

~

[Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Billy Kidman]

A hard-fought cruiserweight match between two contrasting styles. Kidman sports a much more high-risk style, while Chavo is more of a technical wrestler. The match was just getting hot when Cruiserweight Champ Eddie Guerrero runs down the aisle... he rolls into the ring and hits both men with the Cruiserweight belt, causing the ref to throw the match out. Eddie then starts putting the boots on both men, not letting either one get up. Satisfied with the chaos he's done, he walks out brandishing the belt and big toothy smile amidst the boos from the crowd.

Winner: No Contest due to Interference

~

A camera makes its way backstage, and it spies upon Ric Flair and Diamond Dallas Page talking to each other.

"Look, I'm sure that whoever interfered in Hollywood's match last night is going to try and interfere in your match tonight... and that's why we need you out there in the ring with Hogan to go up against Goldberg and Bret ... to bait him out... and once he reveals himself, we'll set the boys on him like a pack of dogs!"

"Hogan better thank his lucky stars that I'm willing to go through this crap for him after what he did earlier!"

The Giant then sees the camera crew and immediately shoves the guy holding the camera out of the door entrance. He closes the door, leaving Schiavone to specualte as to what else they're discussing inside the room.

~

[Rick Steiner & Saturn vs. Alex Wright & Hugh Morrus]

The makeshift tag team of Steiner and Saturn continue their winning streak tonight, after a healthy demolishing of an arrogant combination of Alex Wright and Hugh Morrus. Towards the end of the match, Rick Steiner hit a massive tackle on Wright, while Saturn threw Hugh Morrus out of the ring. Rick Steiner then hits a belly-to-belly suplex on Wright to finish the match with a pinfall victory.

Winner: Rick Steiner & Saturn via Pinfall

Match Rating: *1/2

~

Backstage, Mike Tenay is getting ready to interview Bret Hart.

"Bret Hart, earlier tonight, Diamond Dallas Page made some very harsh comments regarding you... and the match you had with Page last night at Superbrawl... do you have anything to say?"

"As much as I'd hate to admit it... yeah, Page beat me last night, fair and square in the middle of the ring. But that doesn't mean he's the better man... had he come out and asked to shake my hand... he'd be the better man... but Page is nothing more than a two-timing piece of scum... he reminds me of several people that I've had the displeasure of working with up north... he'll do anything to try and get ahead of the man in front of him. I have no respect for people like Diamond Dallas Page... I have no respect for Page..."

"What about the tag-team match that you have tonight with Goldberg against Page and Hollwood Hogan?"

"Goldberg's got Hogan to take care of... and I'm going to take care of Page...you can expect a battle tonight, Mike Tenay. He's got a very big bulls-eye behind his back, and the Hitman's going hunting... the Excellence of Execution is going to bring IT tonight, and I'm going to prove why I AM the best there is, the best there was and the best that there ever will be..."

Hart leaves Mike Tenay standing there.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen... you heard it from the Hitman himself... expect a battle tonight!"

~

[The Giant vs. Lash Leroux]

If you have to ask who won this match, I will have to ask you to donate $20.00 to the WrestlingSuicide Hotline. Giant via pinfall after a CHOKESLAM.

Winner: The Giant via Pinfall

Match Rating: *

~

Korn's "Freak on a Leash" starts playing, and apparently it's Raven's new themesong as he walks out to the absolute loathe of the fans. Everyone starts booing as Raven slowly walks down the ramp and into the ring. Raven sits on a ring corner and whips out a microphone from underneath his clothes. He looks detached from this very moment, almost no emotion showing from his face.

"You may ask... why Raven? Why did you do it? What did you stand to gain from doing such a thing? Why bother yourself with the tribulations of men whose causes you care not about? Why Raven? Why?"

A short pause.

"Why? Why? Why Not!? WHY NOT!? I've spent the past two months rotting in the underbelly of WCW... I've spent the past two months alone, far away from the limelight... far away from all you belligerent people! During those two months, all everyone could talk about was the Alliance... the New World Order... Ric Flair... Hollywood Hogan... Bret Hart... Diamond Dallas Page... Goldberg... Kevin Nash................. and Sting."

The fans start cheering, hoping that Sting would show up and beat the living crap out of this guy.

"Go ahead, cheer him at the very mention of his name... after all, that's what sheep do. That's all you people are... mindless sheep. Sting returns... and you all jump through a hoop! Sting intereferes in a match, and everyone pisses their pants... Sting, Sting, Sting, Sting, STING! All I hear is Sting's name being mentioned everywhere by everyone! You worship this man as if he were a God! You worship him as if he were A SAVIOR! WELL, WHAT ABOUT ME!? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN!? WHAT... ABOUT... RAVEN!?"

Big boos from the crowd.

"Last night, would have been Sting's night... last night would have been another moment of glory to add to his long list of accomplishments. Well, I won't have it... I won't have it that way! Last night, was MY night! Last night was RAVEN'S NIGHT! Last night was MY NIGHT TO SHINE! And shine I did... so now, with the opening of each mouth... my name is uttered... within every discussion... my very actions are whispered... Why, Raven? Why? Why? WHY!? Hahahahahahaha...."

Raven pulls himself up from the corner, and walks to the middle of the ring. He just keeps his head down, staring at his feet.

"Sting, last night was the beginning of your end. With your star falling, my star ascends... and when you're gone... when you've been driven out of the WCW, noone's going to remember your accolades... or your accomplishments... when you're gone, you're going to be remembered as the first in a long line of victims the time that Raven made his mark... greatness requires sacrifice... and I am more than willing to make you, Sting, the first sacrifice... Quote the Raven... Nevermore!"

~

[Hollywood Hogan & Diamond Dallas Page vs. Goldberg & Bret Hart]

Decent match... Bret and DDP were obviously carrying the load for the other two stars. Whenever Hogan and Goldberg were in the ring together, there seemed to be very legitimate heat between the two of them. At one point, Goldberg seemed to actually punch Hollywood in the chest, to which Hogan retaliated with a vicious SLAP to the face of Goldberg! DDP tags Hogan from behind... perhaps sensing that the real-life animosity between the two men was just too much to handle. Goldberg tags to Hart, who immediately goes after DDP. Hart never lets up and viciously tries to destroy Page... Hart shoves the ref in the process, and they get DQ'd. All four men are now inside the ring, and it's a BRAWL!

From the crowd, out jumps the masked wrestler again!!! He runs over to ringside, and pulls Hogan out of the ring...he starts attacking Hogan! Hogan staggers back! age, meanwhile, is being double-teamed inside the ring!!! Hogan quickly runs away as the masked man doesn't pursue him. Hold on... the cavalry is here as The Giant, Arn Anderson, Kanyon, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero run out...but wait... Sting, Scott Steiner and Kevin Nash have cut them off towards the end of the entrance ramp! they've jumped out from the crowd as well... and they are brandishing steel bats!!! The Alliance members hesitate to go in!!! DDP is being slaughtered by Bret and Goldberg!!! Hogan is safe with his stablemates... who can't rescue DDP!!! Hart and Goldberg finally throw out DDP... and they roll out of the ring to continue the beatdown!!!

Winner: Hollywood Hogan & Diamond Dallas Page via DQ

Match Rating: **

~

Left alone inside the ring is the masked man, while Sting, Nash and Steiner hold the Alliance at bay! Hart, Goldberg and DDP are making their way through the crowds... as Hart and Goldberg continue the assault on Page.

The masked man grabs a microphone... he points at Hogan...

"Hogaaaan... you're time is up!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"

He rips off his mask... and it's RANDY SAVAGE!!! Schiavone is pissing his pants, Randy Savage has not been in WCW TV since an injury sidelined him late last year!!! Hogan's jaw drops... the fans explode into a huge cheer, while Randy Savage climbs on a turnbuckle and goads Hollywood to dare and get past the nWo barricade!!! The show fades out showing Hogan's surprised face with Schiavone's screams heard at the background.

Nitro TV Rating: 4.39

RAW TV Rating: 7.28

Bringing back a senior citizen is not a bright idea,hope someone among this two gets his career killed soon,and it better not be another Age in the Cage

Oakland, California

Immediately after Nitro March 1, 1999

After the big segment where Savage reveals himself, all the wrestlers troop backstage. There is high tension in the air after what happened earlier in the day. Goldberg immediately gets into Bollea's face.

"Next time you want a real fight, just call me... I'd be more than willing to kick your ass."

Bollea doesn't back down.

"Oh yeah, rookie? Why don't you just shove it!"

And Bollea shoves Goldberg... Goldberg shoves him back... and it's BONZO-GONZO AGAIN! This time more wrestlers get involved... it's a blur as several guys get into the tussle, some of them aiding Hogan... some of them aiding Goldberg... most of them though try to end the fight and they hold both men back and away from each other. Bollea starts screaming at Goldberg.

"THAT'S YOUR ASS... BOY! I GUARANTEE YOU, THAT'S GOING TO COST YOU YOUR ASS!"

Terry Bollea had just threatened to execute a power play on his part. Soon, most of the wrestlers fell silent. There indeed was tension in the WCW Lockerroom... and everyone knew that in a week's time, heads are going to roll.