Marvel and DC Animated Films/Television Shows

Benji

The Mid 90's Spiderman was absolutely great. Good story arcs, well portrayed villains, cameo appearances. I even didn't hate the Rocket racer episode.

The Batman is actually enjoyable as far as new stuff goes. I've watched some episodes recently and it was enjoyable stuff.

Speaking of, the MTV Spider-Man episode with Rocket Racer is fantastic, from a series that was mediocre but still enjoyable for fans, that episode was wonderful, plus it had Harold Perrenieau <3

This thread reminded me of times when I was obsessed with Batman The Animated Series and the dvd series isn't available where I live so I have gone on a downloading spree and seen some decent episodes, the two in particular that moved me were Heart Of Ice and Mad Love(Harlequin centric)I am pretty sure everyone loved this show so what were your favourite memories of this show?

When I was a kid I fell in love with Batman: TAS, I recently got the first series on DVD and it was well worth the money I paid for them. The Joker does make the series for me, Mark Hamill was awesome with his voice acting for him.

Spiderman was also good, I loved the Green Goblin storyline along with the entrance of the Hobgoblin.

Just watched Superman: Doomsday which had some decent voice talents and a good storyline.

Over the last two days I've rented Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and bought the first episode of The Batman series off iTunes. I reckon I'll be purchasing the rest of the first season in the near future. Loved the first episode to bits. So yeah, I'd recommend both of those to anyone who is looking to get something off iTunes.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesomeness

This pleases me, and the rest of you hopefully too.

I agree with the fifth season being not quite as good, there were too many one off episodes and not enough of the big stories we'd gotten used to like the Phoenix Sagas and Beyond Good and Evil (think it was called that).

It did however have a revamped opening.

Here

I absoloutley loved these show as a kid, seriously, in LOVE. The Spiderman arc that stands out for me is where they did the Special Sinister Six bit where they revived Red Skull and Captain America, created Elecrtro, etc...

But what was the whole ending to Hydro Man/Mary Jane all about? Can ayone remind/ explain that to me?

Guest Mr. Bump

Mary Jane was a clone created by the same guy who made Hydro-Man. Then the Secret Wars stuff happened, and the series finished with Madame Web leading Spidey on a quest to find the real Mary Jane. This was continued in that Spider-Man Unlimited show, but that sucked so I have no idea what happened.

Aw, Unlimited wasn't that bad. As far as I can remember it never solved the mystery of where the real Mary Jane was and it only lasted 13 episodes. Bastards, leaving us all hanging like that. Fuck.

Aw, Unlimited wasn't that bad. As far as I can remember it never solved the mystery of where the real Mary Jane was and it only lasted 13 episodes. Bastards, leaving us all hanging like that. Fuck.

It was supposed to, but it was due to happen in the second season.

Also, yes, it was that bad.

• 5 weeks later...

So Toon Disney airs The Avengers and Spider-Man: Unlimited and after watching both oh god. I was so wrong. These are so bad. I just wish the Mary Jane arc would've been resolved before cancellation of Unlimited.

Also, Weisman's Spec Spidey comes back in March of next year! I'm excited. I liked season one, but that may be the shameless Greg Weisman fanboy in me. I wrote in to Ask Greg to ask him if Keith David would return to do any voicework in season 2, but alas, it's not so. :( I love Keith David so hard.

• 1 month later...

Here I am, bumping another topic, this time with a clip that shows a bit of Deadpool's appearance on the Hulk vs Wolverine thingy.

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2008/09/deadp...st-look-at.html

I :wub: Deadpool

Don't think it's been posted, so... looks spot-on, at least for those seconds we see him in the clip.

EDIT: And a new Hulk vs trailer.

http://www.deadpoolbugle.com/2008/12/new-s...ew-hulk-vs.html

Edited by Johnny Latino Heat

• 3 years later...

RE

SURR

ECTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

I figured rather than making a new topic about Marvel/DC animated series, I'd just use this one. I swear that at one point - last year? - we had a thread where we were bitching about Disney XD canceling Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and lamenting how bad the new Ultimate Spidey cartoon is, but I can't seem to find it (if it exists, and someone else finds it, hey, redirect me there).

Anyway, I haven't been keeping up with Ultimate Spider-Man, but according to Nick, it's just as awful as it was when I quit watching. No surprise there. I'm holding out hope for the Ultimate Avengers show, though. Please don't suck, please don't suck, please.

But more importantly - most importantly - let's talk about Young Justice.

I fucking love this show.

It's a Greg Weisman show so you know it's not going to be subpar, and the second half of season 2 just premiered a few weeks ago. The rest below the cut (BUNCH of S2 spoilers):

So if you haven't been keeping up, season 2 starts with a 5 year jump in time. Artemis and Kid Flash are out of the game, Tim Drake is the new Robin, and Nightwing (Dick Grayson) is the team's coordinator and liaison with the Justice League. Aqualad is now a villain - but spoiler alert! - he's a double agent. Artemis' death was faked in order to get her into Aqualad's new team as the villainess Tigress, but it seems that the only people in on this plan are Kid Flash, Nightwing and Aqualad.

Superboy and Miss Martian aren't an item anymore after Megan's tactics became too extreme - even for Superboy - and she tried to erase memories of a fight she and Superboy had.

Also, through holograms dedicated to the fallen YJ members, it was revealed that there was a Robin between Grayson & Drake who died in the 5 years between season 1 & 2.

Anyway, for the mid-season premiere, Satisfaction: we've found out that the Red Arrow we've come to know was a clone of the original Speedy, who Red Arrow found at the end of the first part of season 2. Speedy, who's been frozen for 8 years (and is missing an arm), doesn't deal with this information too well and sets out to get revenge on the man responsible this, Lex Luthor - but he comes away not with Luthor's head on a platter, but with a robotic arm and the new name of "Arsenal", which makes me giddy. Roy didn't have to go through the whole heroin addiction plotline, but in 22 minutes the story's condensed and now here's the name Roy Harper - Arsenal - no longer a boy, but an unhinged man with a robotic arm that can transform into all sorts of weaponry. I am excited to see where this goes.

I kind of rambled a little too much there. Oh well. Anyway, if you guys are interested in DC animated shows and you aren't watching Young Justice, you should definitely rectify that and begin watching immediately. It's an absolutely great show.

Well, that puts Young Justice further ahead on my to do list. Is the Green Lantern animated series good as well?

Also, everyone should watch Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part 1. Great adaption of the comic, and in my opinion even better than the Batman: Year One animated movie.

I hear the GL series is really good, but I haven't watched it because I'm not too keen on the CG animation stuff, honestly.