Marvel and DC Animated Films/Television Shows

Benji

I had no idea there was a 90's animated Iron-Man. Only time I remember seeing Iron-Man was during an episode or two of Spider-Man.

Yep, it aired with the Fantastic Four cartoon and the Incredible Hulk cartoon that came into being after the Spider-Man cartoon took off. None were all that great, Daredevil was on Fantastic Four though. Also one time Sue Richards turned into an evil dominatrixish villain called Malice. And the Silver Surfer was on it, and he had his own cartoon in 1998.

Even though I was more than old enough I barely remembered it myself(until I found the dvd set last year).

The second season theme is the only thing I could remember.

Meanwhile, the Fantastic Four had this gem:

I also remember when Fox used to air this version of the Fantastic Four and Spider-Man at like 5:30 in the morning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXrlA53_7FY

Does Fox own the rights to any Fantastic Four media stuff, or could Disney make a cartoon? There should absolutely be another Fantastic Four cartoon from someone.

• Like 1

I remember reading they own movie rights still. I assume that they also have the rights for shows.

• 2 weeks later...

There is all sorts of Marvel anime-style shows on G4. I've seen Blade, Wolverine, X-Men and Iron Man on the schedule so far. Watched a little Blade and watching X-Men now.

I dunno, I thought that too but Hannibal is an NBC show and that's about what I'd expect in terms of violence and gore from Constantine.

Considering the show would probably end up being Supernatural with Constantine, I can get pretty behind that.

Speaking of Constantine, do people know if the Justice League Dark film is really happening?

Well, Del Toro wants to do it and he's said he's working on it.

Del Toro has said this about a lot of things before and they've never happened.

But then Pacific Rim actually happened, so who the fuck knows. I'm thinking it's not going to, though. Not if the Constantine TV show works out and Batman Vs. Superman does well critically and in numbers. (because they'll be in full swing Justice League if that happens). Del Toro probably has enough on his plate already and I'm not sure the interest's really there enough from Warner, DC or even the casual fan.

Random thought about S.H.I.E.L.D./The Avengers

While a lot of people are guessing that Jarvis will end up turning into Ultron I got to thinking about Coulson's resurrection and if he ends up being an LMD. It would be interesting to see him figure out that he is not really human and then turn on the Avengers in a way that would see the TV show set up the next Avengers film.

That said, I still think the Jarvis theory is solid and it is more likely that we will see him evolve into the cinematic universe's version of The Vision. Hopefully after S.H.I.E.L.D. gets legs under it enough to run without him as the lead.

• 3 weeks later...

So apparently, season 3 of Ultimate Spider-Man is going to deal with

Peter joining the Avengers, and the introduction of Ka-Zar, Cloak & Dagger and a few other characters. I don't know how to feel about this, especially if it means that I'll have to start watching Avengers Assemble. >_>