• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Everyone at school around about 8 months ago:

"CALL OF DUTY 5 IS GONNA BE SHIT!"

Eight months later:

"CALL OF DUTY 5 IS GONNA BE AWESOME!"

Back on the subject: I felt Call Of Duty 4 didn't live up to the hype, thus why I am not even gonna invest in getting number 5.

Just pointing out but I heard that this isn't actually COD5. They will have a different company making the numbered series and this company makes a side series like this one. Just what I heard on the internet not sure if it's true or not.

I'll definitely be getting it. Loved 4, and I've not played any of the WWII CoD games so I want to give this a go. That, and all have my mates nagging me if I don't get it anyway so it's easier. <_<

EDIT: Nope, not true. It's all the same company. Always has been, most probably always will be.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

I don't know. I'd just whole-heartedly presume it always has been. As I say I've only ever played 4 and I recall playing Big Red One (2 I think) back on the PS2.

Edited by The King Of Awesomeness

It's all the same publisher, Activision, but they have the two different developers making games on 2 year cycles so there's a new game every year. At least I think that's how it's working, Infinity Ward is probably working on something CoD related now to be released next year.

Though if anything it's going to get even bigger. Activision is now seemingly out to milk their franchises till the udder becomes dry and shrivilled. I wouldn't be suprised to see even more CoD games.

Game is fucking amazing. Don't doubt yourself, get this while its fresh. Seriously, its all kinds of awesome. I can't even explain further.

Agreed and agreed. I'm loving this so much. I enjoyed Modern Warfare, but there is just something about WW2 games that make me enjoy it so much. But my God, I can't stand the bitching from people complaining about it being WW2. Did they not realize it before they bought it? If you don't like WW2 games, stick with Modern Warfare and save your money. It's not rocket surgery. :shifty:

I played and LOVED the BETA version so I'll definitely be picking this up for Christmas. What're the other maps like, on the beta you could only play Makin, Roundhouse or Castle. Also, what game modes are there?

13 maps in total, including those three. But they are immense. All the levels have the 'leveled town/area' look to them, as the BETA three do (by that I mean it looks like a wars already been raged there)