600px-Fobfolie.jpg

1. "Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes"

2. "I Don’t Care"

3. "She's My Winona"

4. "America's Suitehearts"

5. "Headfirst Slide into Cooperstown on a Bad Bet"

6. "The (Shipped) Gold Standard"

7. "(Coffee's for Closers)"

8. "What a Catch, Donnie" (featuring Elvis Costello, Gabe Saporta, Travis McCoy, Brendon Urie, Doug, Alex DeLeon, and William Beckett)

9. "27"

10. "Tiffany Blews" (featuring Lil Wayne and Kanye West)

11. "w.a.m.s." (featuring Pharrell)

12. "20 Dollar Nose Bleed" (featuring Brendon Urie)

13. "West Coast Smoker" (featuring Debbie Harry)

Alright, I'll bite and make the topic for this.

I really thought that I was done with Fall Out Boy to tell you the truth, but then I heard about this and decided to get caught up. I found the tracks off the Citizen mixtape that they put out and then found what they've released of the album so far. And I've got to say, I'm really looking forward to it. Perhaps more so if they were to re-record Lake Effect Kid and put it on the album itself, but I digress. The first track that really hit me was What A Catch, Donnie and from there I've enjoyed I Don't Care (to a lesser degree) and Headfirst Slide as well. So yeah, anyone going to be picking up?

I usually make it a point to grab a copy of the latest Fall Out Boy CD. I've been a fan of there's for quite some time and have always enjoyed Wentz's lyrics and Stumps' R&B/Punkish vocals. I was some what let down by Infinity on High, but after a while, it grew on me, so I'll pick up Folie a Deux when it comes out here. I may even pre order it.

My whole beef nowadays is that people hate on Fall Out Boy, just because it's the thing to do. Some people I've talked to have said, "oh yea, they suck now!" Without any real reason as to why besides that they don't sound like Take This to your Grave and that apparently whatever Pete Wentz does it wrong and he's an asshole. Does anyone actually know the guy? Can't say I do and even if he was, doesn't the best music come from the assholes of the world? <_<

I just read this on Wikipedia. It's Pete Wentz's response to the "I Don't Care" video.

When asked about his view on the video, Pete Wentz replied:

It's a series of vignettes, and in the end, the joke is: Everyone in the world who is famous is just a WWE character. And some of you are Hulk Hogan, and some of you are The Undertaker, and it's awesome. It's just as great to come out to the boos. This one is about portraying the band, too, because there's been videos where it's been about individual characters, and this one is really a band-based video. Everyone has really equal face time, and there's a communist aspect to the video in the imagery, but we're also trying to make something that's equal.

I don't...get it.

i think he was high when he responded to that... =S

but in all seriousness, i love fall out boy and i cant wait for the next album.

i can honestly say that of all their cd's INCLUDING evening out with your girl there is not a single song that I skip. They are my favourite band and have been for a long time. I remember being on the street team just before take this to your grave and plastering stickers all over my school and the streets of sydney...

i dont get the hate, i mean i get it if it isnt something you like fair enough, but ouytright hating them and anyone who likes them and sayoing that they are the worst band on earth are that they are total and utter shit, not just in your opinion but that its a fact that they are shit and are assholes. THAT pisses me off and i know HEAPS of people who say that kind of thing and i end up wanting to punch them in the face.

another thing that annoys me heaps is people calling them "emo". it is straight up retarted and angers me hugely!!!!

so as you can see i am pretty attatched to fall out boy. And there are a lot of reasons, Pete Wentz the entrepeneur is one reason. And the fact that ive liked them since waaaay back in the day is another. Needless to say Ive already preordered the CD and shirt deal and am eagerly counting down the days while constantly looking for leaks so that i can get my hit early. Bring on the shared madness i say!

It's not emo, it's that whiny emo-pop. I loved the first three albums, but Infinity on High can fuck right off, I despise it, and I Don't Care just comes across as prickish, and I just don't like the overly poppish direction they're going in. Fair enough, it gets the girls and they obvious enjoy it, but I'll take Grave/Cork Tree/ Girlfriend over this any day,

"...Grave" is such an amazing album. And it's no coincidence that 9/10 of the current crop of pop-punk bands use that as the basis for their sound.

"Infinity..." was so shit. The first 4 songs were fun (even the full on boyband number)...then it descended into absolute wank.

Edited by YI

Pete Wentz isn't an asshole in a Billy Corgan or Mike Patton way. I wouldn't consider him an asshole, more of a... um, er... retard.

Wolfmother fan? :shifty:

Since when has Mike Patton been considered an out and out asshole?

As for FOB, I didn't mind Infinity On High, but I agree with a lot of what has been said....the two albums before that were awesome, but I'm getting less and less interested with what they produce as time goes by.

Pete Wentz isn't an asshole in a Billy Corgan or Mike Patton way. I wouldn't consider him an asshole, more of a... um, er... retard.

Pretty much always, but it's usually overlooked by the fact that he's a prolific creative genius. :shifty:

He's had a reputation for being a bit of a gobby prick since his days in Faith No More, though. That said, there are plenty of people I'd list before him as token rock assholes.

Pretty much always, but it's usually overlooked by the fact that he's a prolific creative genius. :shifty:

He's had a reputation for being a bit of a gobby prick since his days in Faith No More, though. That said, there are plenty of people I'd list before him as token rock assholes.

Dude shat in a hotel hairdryer. Total prick.

I Don't Care is REALLY weak, I dunno why the hell they released that... or even recorded it when they had stuff like Lake Effect Kid sitting around.

I have to admit that they do make some odd choices when it comes to recordings. I still scratch my head over why hand of god didnt make it onto cork tree. And even though i LOVE LOVE LOVE America's Suitehearts, i dont understand why they overproduce it so much. It sounded fine on the short demo clip they played as part of the new administration mixtape.

Dude shat in a hotel hairdryer. Total prick.

Fair enough. Didn't realise that. Thought the Wolfmother thing or the feud with the RHCP thing more worthy of haterade >_>