UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Can you change the difficulty during your career? Wanted to check that before I started it.

Just played my first online match, a little laggy but my connection isn't too good during the day, so not too bad. And I finally pulled off my first submission. So much easier against another player rather than the computer. He chose GSP (what a surprise) so I went with Diego Sanchez. Pretty good fight which ended at the end of the first round thanks to a kamura (spelt right?), felt awesome.

Just got my first submission using my created Boxer/Wrestler pretty much just a boxer. Fighting Mark Coleman reversed the clinch in to a guillotine felt brilliant.

Now ranked 6th with a record of 18-8-0(I've been beaten off mostly created guys at first :() Lesnar is up next. :D

Tito Ortiz is a fucking douchebag.

I'm 11-2 in my career as a Light Heavyweight. My first loss came when I accepted a short notice fight against Tito. I got a little cocky and figured I could take him, and he knocked me the fuck out.

Then I went on a run of 5 straight wins, and was offered a spot on PPV against Rampage, short notice. I accepted, and it was a pretty even fight until I fucked up on a push kick attempt, and he caught me off guard with a right hand that rocked me, and then he dove on top for the TKO victory.

I've gotta stop taking short notice fights.

I just played my very first two ranked matches on XBox Live, and my ground and pound is deadly. Each fight(first was against Forest Griffin, second against Chuck Liddel) I took them down, got to mount, and hit them in the face until they stopped moving.

Tito Ortiz is a fucking douchebag.

I'm 11-2 in my career as a Light Heavyweight. My first loss came when I accepted a short notice fight against Tito. I got a little cocky and figured I could take him, and he knocked me the fuck out.

Thats exactly what happened to me, accepted the fight on short notice, and got knocked out by one punch, after I'd laid into him for almost the entire first round, giving me the first loss :(

Moral of the story, Don't take short notice fights.

I've discovered your better off training for those extra weeks, The extra cred Dana gives you is not worth the hassle of a loss and Dana threatening to fire you.

Career is actually pretty awesome, screw the review that claimed it was average or whatever. It's simple and realistic, I really like it so far. Chose to go with Welterweight and I'm 4-0 so far, although Yoshida gave me one hell of a fight just now which ended with me knocking him out in the third round, somehow fucking Chris Leben gets fight of the night though :angry:

Dana just asked me to step in to replace someone against Josh Burkman and I accepted, which sounds like a bad idea based on what people are saying here. I'm going to continue the career a little later and see how it goes, but so far it's a huge thumbs up from me. The CAF is actually pretty damn good and much better than I expected. Also, can you choose a different trainer for both Wrestling and Boxing? Or can you only choose for one? I had the option of a tonne for both Boxing and Wrestling and went with Diego Sanchez and Wrestling, am I still able to change my boxing trainer as well or does it do it automatically? And one more question, what's the lowest stamina you should go into a fight with? So far the lowest I've done is 80% as I didn't want to risk getting knocked out because I trained too hard. And apparently UFC.com offered to do a Q/A or whatever with me, I accepted, but haven't heard anything since.

So far, awesome.

Edited by Scum Fan 4 Life

I've started a career mode as well; made a heavyweight called the Suntan Superman :pervert: It's quite fun but it can get slow, I especially hate the fairly long auto saves. I looked for an option to turn it off but couldn't find it, shame. I still don't have any idea how to get out of a hold when someone tries to make you tap. Sign me up for the 360 league, even though I suck: Tzakjez .

The lowest stamina I went in to a fight with was 0%. I made a huge mistake in my scheduling and figure for sure I would lose. I ended up getting a flash knockout for the win quickly in the first round. I basically blocked everything and waited until an opening and spammed my special punches until he went out.

Something I would like to see in the next game, is that you start at the Ultimate Fighter for career mode, if you're doing it with a created fighter... and you learn stuff there from some pre-selected coaches... then, if you win the show, you jump into the UFC with some bigger fights... but if you lose in the first round, maybe you're relegated to a long run of fights against nobodies.

I'd also like to see them pick a start date for the career mode, and have you able to select an existing fighter and try to reach the Hall of Fame with them. So, with a fighter like Liddell, it wouldn't be tough... but with say, a Nate Diaz... it would be a long road and a lot of accomplishments to reach the Hall of Fame.

Something I would like to see in the next game, is that you start at the Ultimate Fighter for career mode, if you're doing it with a created fighter... and you learn stuff there from some pre-selected coaches... then, if you win the show, you jump into the UFC with some bigger fights... but if you lose in the first round, maybe you're relegated to a long run of fights against nobodies.

I'd also like to see them pick a start date for the career mode, and have you able to select an existing fighter and try to reach the Hall of Fame with them. So, with a fighter like Liddell, it wouldn't be tough... but with say, a Nate Diaz... it would be a long road and a lot of accomplishments to reach the Hall of Fame.

Yeah, I agree with the Ultimate Fighter idea and they MAY have been deciding weather to put it in the game or not, Because you can use a set of Ultimate Fighter trunks. So I use those trunks for the first two fights and pretend those are the Ultimate Fighter Semi's (2 rounder) and the Ultimate Finale (3 Rounder) Fights, The Semi final round counts on your record, But nothing is perfect when it's not supposed to be in the game.

Ahh I finally got my 15 KO's and 15 submissions in ranked matches. Would have had it sooner if people didn't disconnect on me all the time.

I'm also noticing that people are finally starting to play with people other than Lesnar, Rampage, and Silva. I pretty much stick to the same guys myself but I do like to mix it up. I've become quite good with Maia, I think i'm undefeated with him but I might have lost once or twice. The guy is really great in the game thanks to his ability to tap people out plus the very nice combo of Boxing and BJJ. if you can learn to really use a guy with that combo like an Arlovski you can be pretty deadly.

Also, what's up with no one playing the smaller weight classes? I couldn't find a single match or someone to join my hosted game on lightweight. I tried it periodically through the day with no luck.