UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Got it this morning and been playing through career mode all day. 22-8 and Middleweight champion. It's highly addictive. Knocked out Dan Henderson to win the title, it felt GOOD.

TEOL do you have it for PS3? :D

P.S. my guys are generally different. I use Cheick Congo on Heavy, Dan Henderson on Light Heavy/Middleweight, Matt Hughes on Welterweight and generally don't play Lightweight. When I do I always try someone new, though.

I'm guilty of playing GSP a lot, though. W/ Rashad Evans occasionally. Not nearly as much as Hendo/Hughes, though.

TEOL do you have it for PS3? :D

P.S. my guys are generally different. I use Cheick Congo on Heavy, Dan Henderson on Light Heavy/Middleweight, Matt Hughes on Welterweight and generally don't play Lightweight. When I do I always try someone new, though.

I'm guilty of playing GSP a lot, though. W/ Rashad Evans occasionally. Not nearly as much as Hendo/Hughes, though.

360 :(

And so my CAF's career ends against Wilsion Gouveia. The last person to defeat me. My career ends with a round 1 GnP knockout. My final record was 30-4 and I never lost once I won the Lightheavyweight title. This was all done on expert. I'm up for playing online (my GT is Kalekayn on the 360, send a FR is you want to play).

edit: Not getting into the hall of fame after a career like mine is bullshit.

I had 26 tko's (some ko's some actual tko's)

3 submissions

and only one decision.

I don't care if its cred based, thats still fucking bullshit to not get into the hall of fame.

edit2: woo! started playing player matches online and had my first disconnect. I was playing Rua vs Jackson, and mounted him within the first minute and started pounding away and then the opponent douche disconnected.

Edited by kale

I love how noticeable the training is over the course of a career. First time I fought Rashad Evans, he just dominated me with takedown after takedown, frustrating me, and then eventually, he knocked me out on the feet because I was just letting loose trying to KO him.

Second time, about 5 fights removed from the original match, I come back, and I'm stuffing Rashad takedown attempts like nothing, and I'm scoring 100% of my takedown attempts, and it's a completely different fight.

I love how noticeable the training is over the course of a career. First time I fought Rashad Evans, he just dominated me with takedown after takedown, frustrating me, and then eventually, he knocked me out on the feet because I was just letting loose trying to KO him.

Second time, about 5 fights removed from the original match, I come back, and I'm stuffing Rashad takedown attempts like nothing, and I'm scoring 100% of my takedown attempts, and it's a completely different fight.

The first time I fought Hermes Franca, he just kept battering me with takedowns. I was winning on points because the takedowns never got far and I was winning with striking, but then he grabs me, pulls guard, and wins with a triangle choke. Two fights later I get him again, block almost all of his takedown attemps, knock him down in the second round, and pummel him until the ref stopped it. I'm quite happy with myself.

Yeah I've faced some serious lag during a few fights. My connection thankfully is quite smooth with only a bit of lag happening when someone is using a computer in the house which is rarely when I'm playing online.

What buttons do people use when trying to block the takedown attempt?

I'm using R, moving it away from the opponent as it says in the book, then repeatedly tapping X or O to try to stop it if he gets hold of me. Am I doing this properly? Facing guys like Maia is hard when 95% of the time he tries taking you down ...and your ground defence isn't very good because it's difficult to prevent the full mount. Once someone gets in that position, it feels like the game will decide whether or not the opponent will let you up by trying and failing with a submission attempt.

Any tips on defending against this would be good. I'm slowly getting used to the transitions now I think, but when moving the R analog as instructed doesn't work, I wonder whether I've done it wrong or if the opponent is blocking it.Still, scored a wonderful TKO on Maia at about the 7th time of asking earlier in the 3rd. I managed to duck a right, put him down then pounded away at him, blood spilling for around 5 seconds before Mario stepped in.

In summary, I'm ok on my feet, very average on the ground. Help with that is appreciated.

Edited by Baddar D

I'm 5-0 in my career, I think I'm ranked something like 18th in the Light Heavyweight division. Not taking on any big names yet (I could have fought Houston Alexander recently) because I need to build my stats up a bit more. From previous experience on advanced difficulty if I'm taken down and especially if the CPU gets into mount, I'm doomed, I can't get out of it at all. Which is annoying because I think the ground game is my strongest attribute.

Still messing around with the demo for another five or six days, I just had a sick fight as Rua. I think I busted some internal organs, or broke a rib. I decided to spam body kicks for the whole fight, and at the end I hit like five or six consecutive body kicks that knocked him down and rocked him. I tried to mix up moving to mount and standing over him, but I couldn't get past guard and he kept pushing me off when I stood over him. Finally when in open half-guard, I realised what I had to do and mashed body punches and finally the ref stopped the fight :) That was pretty sweet.

Edited by Plubbuffet

I'm having a few problems on the mat, when my opponent is on top. I think the idea is to use a minor transition with the right stick, then a major one with a big movement of the right stick, but that hardly ever seems to work and I lose on the mat. A LOT.

My stand-up is fine though. Scored a few KO's.

What buttons do people use when trying to block the takedown attempt?

I'm using R, moving it away from the opponent as it says in the book, then repeatedly tapping X or O to try to stop it if he gets hold of me. Am I doing this properly? Facing guys like Maia is hard when 95% of the time he tries taking you down ...and your ground defence isn't very good because it's difficult to prevent the full mount. Once someone gets in that position, it feels like the game will decide whether or not the opponent will let you up by trying and failing with a submission attempt.

Any tips on defending against this would be good. I'm slowly getting used to the transitions now I think, but when moving the R analog as instructed doesn't work, I wonder whether I've done it wrong or if the opponent is blocking it.Still, scored a wonderful TKO on Maia at about the 7th time of asking earlier in the 3rd. I managed to duck a right, put him down then pounded away at him, blood spilling for around 5 seconds before Mario stepped in.I

n summary, I'm ok on my feet, very average on the ground. Help with that is appreciated.

Holding the R back is just to originaly block it, then you have to rotate or mash the buttons. It'll always be tough in the early stages of your career (or it has been so far for me despite my takedown defence being one of my main stats). It's actually something I struggle with the most, but mashing the buttons seems the easier way to struggle your way out of the takedown, but the manual and most other stuff points to rotating the R stick. I honestly tend to do both in a frantic struggle, but just like quite a few others, this is the place I probably need to improve upon the most. Once I can get the opponent down though, it feels much easier beating the shit out of them on the mat. As for the transitions when he's on top, the best thing to do is stay calm and try for the spot on reversal. Have you trained with anyone yet? If you bring in GSP or someone along those lines, he actually gives some good insight into some of the ground work I've found after just one training session with him.

The mount is certainly the most annoying, because it's all about patience and timing (or a bit of luck). Also I gave up on Burkman and realised there was no way I was ever going to beat him just five fights into my career, what a mistake stepping in to face him was. Since then though, I've had another three fights and destroyed my opponent because I'm on a mission to get a rematch against him. Then I realised how dumb I actually was, because two times they told me I could have somebody come in and train with me. I pick Diego twice I believe and found it weird that nothing happened. On the third time of them offering me a training invite, I fucking realise I have to go to action on the week it's scheduled, so I'd missed those first two sessions ( :crying: ). The calender is a little weird, shame you cant actually highlight the dates and check info on them. Also, the Q/A or UFC.com interview stuff, do you have to do the same action stuff as you do with the camp invite sessions? I finally noticed the camp invite on the calender, but cant see the interview one on there.