UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Oh come on, why have the stamina bar on?

Agreed, cant stand that thing, never have it on.

Finally just played my first few ranked fights online and I'm 3-1, which is awesome for me. Not to mention the fight I lost was a complete idiot spamming nothing but head kicks with Forrest and doing nothing else really. Then I played Heavyweight and he went for Mir and I felt like a challenge so chose Cro Cop and destroyed him in the first round with a head kick followed by a TKO finish. Went back to light heavyweight and again it's someone choosing Forrest, so I went with Rashad. He decided it's fun to do fifty leg kicks in a row until I figured out how the fuck to pull away from them (it refused to let me at one point) and so I took him down and murdered him. Then just had a fight as Rashad again against Rampage and it went to the scorecards. He seemed to be backing up a lot and looking for take down after take down as well as non stop body shots, but his strategy was pretty good and I actually thought he'd beat me on the scorecards, but it turned out they went in favour with me, all 29-28, certainly the best online fight I've played so far. Lag hasn't been too bad today either. Although I can tell already there's just as many cocks on this as there was Smackdown, spamming certain moves and so on. I guess it's up to you how you want to play the game, but I'd much rather try and have a great fight than focus on stuff like that to boost my record. Still, I'm murdering people, clearly I'll be the champion of the league :shifty:

What buttons do people use when trying to block the takedown attempt?

I'm using R, moving it away from the opponent as it says in the book, then repeatedly tapping X or O to try to stop it if he gets hold of me. Am I doing this properly? Facing guys like Maia is hard when 95% of the time he tries taking you down ...and your ground defence isn't very good because it's difficult to prevent the full mount. Once someone gets in that position, it feels like the game will decide whether or not the opponent will let you up by trying and failing with a submission attempt.

Any tips on defending against this would be good. I'm slowly getting used to the transitions now I think, but when moving the R analog as instructed doesn't work, I wonder whether I've done it wrong or if the opponent is blocking it.Still, scored a wonderful TKO on Maia at about the 7th time of asking earlier in the 3rd. I managed to duck a right, put him down then pounded away at him, blood spilling for around 5 seconds before Mario stepped in.

In summary, I'm ok on my feet, very average on the ground. Help with that is appreciated.

Have you trained with anyone yet? If you bring in GSP or someone along those lines, he actually gives some good insight into some of the ground work I've found after just one training session with him.

I haven't started the career yet. This is in Exhibitions. I'm not too sure of his defensive stats, but I was playing as Thales Leites when fighting Maia. This was on Experienced. I want to go up a level soon, but not rush into it knowing my ground game doesn't seem to good. As I've said, at times it feels like I'm mashing and hoping for the best due to most of the transition stuff not working/not being done properly by me/being blocked by the opponent. More than likely the latter.

Still, I'm loving it though. My nephew took Maia to a unanimous draw before I even got to beat him with the TKO I mentioned earlier. Maia must've took him down about 20 times in the fight, but all the standing work was done by my nephew, and Maia was cut pretty bad by the end. All he could really do was take him down then look for the full mount, which he got quite a few times but my nephew managed to get out of it ...or Maia would try a submission and fail miserably.

You know a game has gripped you when you feel really frustrated like I did to keep losing to him, but want to go back for more to try and score just the one victory. Needless to say I was on my feet when I put Maia on his arse then unloaded with 8 rights to his face, head snapping back before Yamasaki (sp?) stopped it.

Edited by Baddar D

Who's everyone's favourite fighter? I ask this because I'm shocked how awesome Mir is and how much I love to play as him. The guy is just fantastic overall and in terms of total package, I think he's the best I've played with thus far.

Also, the stamina bar is shit, we can all agree on that (N)

Who's everyone's favourite fighter? I ask this because I'm shocked how awesome Mir is and how much I love to play as him. The guy is just fantastic overall and in terms of total package, I think he's the best I've played with thus far.

Stamina Bar is great.

Nog is my personal favorite for Heavyweight. Wilson for LHW. Middleweight I don't really have anyone. I like Penn for WW and LW.

I think the stamina bar makes whatever difficulty you have it on that little bit easier. I have it on at the moment, but it's definitely something I'd turn off if I got to the point where I was winning most fights on Expert.

Like that's gonna happen any time soon... >_>

Diego. By far. Guy is a beast as he's a very versatile fighter. Good standup, good submission, awesome ground and pound, good strength for the wrestling slams. So no matter how the fight goes, you're well prepared. 100% of my online fights have been with him, and I'm like 25-4. And even more then that, since I've run into about 5-6 people who quit when they lost.