UFC 2009: Undisputed

Maxx

Doing piss poor in Career mode record of something like 3-3 or 4-3 not 100% sure. Either way I should never have picked the random fighter thing. It gave me some black guy called damen something or something like that. Thought I'd get the victory easily but he knocked me out in the 2nd. Then in our rematch at the next event did the same thing again. I was on a streak until then aswell. Hopefully I don't have to fight him again.

I'm loving the classic fights the presentation of them is very good. Finding them hard though. Doing the TUF one as Forrest Griffin against Bonnar always get it into the second before knocking him out. Doesn't matter what I do always seem to knock him out in the second. My fight doesn't give the real one justice though.

I'll get on to submissions shortly...

I decided to move up to Expert after getting much better on the ground both in offense and defense. I was always good standing up, so once I had the ground game down, I was going to move up.

After doing so, I used Machida, fighting against Gouveia (sp?). The first fight, I won within 30 seconds with an elbow while we were in close. The other 4 fights we had, however, didn't go according to plan.

In all of them, I was dominating both standing and on the ground. My problem came when he locked in a submission. Each time, he got the sub victory. In all 4 fights. One was in the third round, but the other 3 were in the first two.

So, is it best to pound away at a guy for a while on the ground and then just stand up? Because I was finding it easy enough to stay on him and pummel away at his face with blood going everywhere. But once he got me in the submission, it was over. I tried the "shine" (turning the R analog continuously) twice and button mashing the third time, but none of them worked.

My stamina was pretty high in 3 of the 4 sub losses, so I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do, apart from what I suggested above to combat this?

Thanks in advance.

Do you have to use the DLC fighters and/or the unlockable fighters for the achievement/trophy of using everybody on the roster? I've used all of the fighters available from the start now and even used Punkass but still no achievement.

Look in the "Game Progress" bit, there's a list there of fighter usage %

Any advice for me when it comes to the ground game? I was doing great up until recently, it seems like I can never block a transition and everytime they take me to the ground they are performing one before I can even get my hand to the stick.

I've improved at the ground game simply by going into paractise and learning the right stickl rotations for each position, then playing a fight on the easiest setting and trying to go to ground all the time to try and get experience against a real opponent.

Its helped, I'm still not good on the ground at all, and I still can hardly get anyone to submit, but it's a large step up from being toast in seconds if a fight went to the ground.

Of course, my CAF in career mode is still toast in the ground, but now it's down to his stats, not my gameplay ability.

I just had my first fight go to judges. I've been playing as Dan Henderson quite a bit, and enjoying it, and thought I'd try the challenge of earning a submission with him (his submission offence stat is in the 40's). I of course failed and the fight went to the judges but I won fairly easily on points.

Edited by T'Angelo Barksdale

I feel cheated.Third online bout playing as Bisping against Griffin. He had rediculously high stamina. He threw hard punch after hard punch and kick and was still walking around normally. I could barely get anything in on him because of how quick everything was being thrown. Eventually knocked out in the second. Seemed absoltely fucking rediculous what an arsehole :angry:

Do you have to use the DLC fighters and/or the unlockable fighters for the achievement/trophy of using everybody on the roster? I've used all of the fighters available from the start now and even used Punkass but still no achievement.

:rolleyes:

I'm not silly, that's what I've been using to make sure I have used every fighter and I have.

:rolleyes:

I'm not silly, that's what I've been using to make sure I have used every fighter and I have.

Sorry for trying to help, won't bother next time :rolleyes:

I've used them all and I've not got any DLC, have you used them all in each weight class? Like the ones that are in two weight classes, have you used them in both?

Edited by Mr Benji~!

Well come on, how much of an ass would I look like if I came in here complaining about not getting the achievement and then been told there was an easy list to check whether I've used them all :P

I wouldn't have thought you would need to use each fighter in each weight class they can fight in due to the wording of it but it's worth a shot.

Well come on, how much of an ass would I look like if I came in here complaining about not getting the achievement and then been told there was an easy list to check whether I've used them all :P

I wouldn't have thought you would need to use each fighter in each weight class they can fight in due to the wording of it but it's worth a shot.

I didn't notice it until after I'd unlocked the achievement, thought maybe you wouldn't have either.

I've won 10 online ranked fights in a row now. I knocked out some guy's CAF who had 99 for strike offense and had pretty much maxed out his strength, speed and cardio. I also got a one-punch knockout of Fabricio Werdum with Andrei Arlovski. I went to touch gloves but he tried to take me down instead, I sprawled, got up and then as he went to strike me I caught him with a big hook for the flash KO after just 13 seconds.

My career didn't go so well today though, dropped to 12-2 in the middleweight division. Got submitted out of nowhere by Demian Maia :(