Tell me about TV shows.

K

I'm going to give some love to Community. Granted, I've seen...three episodes so far (all in the past few days), but it seems decent. But maybe I just have a man-crush on Joel McHale.

E: Oh, and all the episodes so far can be found on Hulu until...January 17th, if I remember correctly.

What was the last completed season?

Season 4

But maybe I just have a man-crush on Joel McHale.

You and me both, LD. You and me both. That's the only reason I watched the pilot.

• Like 1

I'm looking for something new to watch and am open to pretty much anything. I'd rather have something a couple seasons in or already finished, as I hate waiting every week for a new episode.

In the past couple weeks I've watched:

Dexter (Season 4)

The O.C. (Seasons 1-4)

Smallville (Seasons 1-5)

Sons of Anarchy (Season 2)

Fringe (Season 2)

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions?

OC? Get some One Tree Hill on the go...only, stop after season 4...please stop at season 4...actually, 5 is okay because Jamie is awesome, Skills gets more airtime and is brilliant and because Lindsey is absolutely fucking gorgeous, but when it becomes apparent that Lucas is going to choose Peyton (eugh, she's BEYOND Marissa in the OC level of annoying) over her it becomes massively fucking shit.

Also, Dan is a hero. I want to be like Dan.

I'd also point out, I think the character of Lucas is a bit of a dick as well...which is weird, seeing as he's the main character...so I should probably hate the show, but I like it...it's just he does proper cuntish things without any form of 'comeback' (because he's Lucas and he "has a good heart") and is a whiney cunt, plus Chad Michael Murray delivers all his 'heartfelt lines' like he's got a random girl pinned down in the park, telling her to be quiet or he'll cut her throat.

I also find it hilarious how everyone seems to refer to each other by their 'full names' a lot of the time...always makes me giggle.

Edited by YI

• 1 month later...

I've run dry on TV shows again. Dexter season 4 didn't hold my interest, gonna try again later.

Just watched all of Hustle Season 6 today at work, easily one of my top TV shows of all time. Going to go back a few years maybe power through Buffy and Angel next.

Not sure if you've ever caught Supernatural, it's pretty damn good, similar to Smallville, Buffy and Angel if you need something to compare it to.

That or do what I'm intending to do and hunt out the old "Dinosaurs" show since it isn't on DVD and therefore I have no issue downloading it.

EDIT: If you're in for something likehearted like you say, Glee is probably my favourite new show this year, think it's about half a season through in the US.

Yeah, big shout out to Glee. Can't suggest Angel and Buffy enough. Midway throguh the last season of Angel myself for the first time; and it's definitely amazing.

Have you tried Battlestar Gallactica? In no way is it light; but it's fucking good. Alias, too. Well the two seasons I've seen are great. (Y)

Pysch is great fun. Easy viewing, a good laugh and it's mostly episodic, so you can just chuck it on whenever.

Supernatural is also fantastic, but it's not really a 'light' show. Well. It kind of is. The show is half episodic, so you'll get a lot of standalone stuff, but there's a lot of overarcing story that doesn't usually pop up that much aside from the beginning and end of the season. There's a lot of humour in there and Dean & Sam interacting is great fun to watch, but it's more something I'd suggest if you're looking for something with more action, as it's basically a Evil Dead style horror. (Plenty of shock, but then in comes the shotgun.)

Though if you find yourself only kind of enjoying it, then stick with it past the first series, because the quality gets better and better as the seasons roll by.

And Modern Family needs to be watched by all. By all.

Meant to comment on Supernatural earlier:

Season two is definitely miles better than season one, which took me two months to watch, and I even skipped some episodes that my friend told me were "unimportant." It's still not amazing, and I'm hoping it gets even better, but it's not a bad show.

Community is awesome and rivals Modern Family as the best new show on TV.

I'm just getting into Leverage but so far it's been awesome and is pretty lighthearted for a drama. It's been compared to Hustle in the past so you may like it.

And I'd also recommend Supernatural and Californication.