The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

So with conclusion of the Premier League, all play-offs in the Championship and below, and several other countries leagues that means the season has wound down right? Of course not, now we get rampant speculation of who will go where, regardless of whether it makes sense.

The past week has brought rampant speculation with regards to eye watering takeovers and the repercussions that squads are going to face after relegations of several teams from their retrospective leagues, which is more than enough to stir up all sorts of transfer rumours, wanted signings et all. Are two Premiership 'bogey' teams really that rich now? and are they going to pump funds into their first team quicker than you can say Sheik?

We've also had some breaking news that Everton have managed to sign as many players as they managed before September last year... erm... one. Shkodran Mustafi, some youth kid from Deutchland.

So what do you think will happen this Summer?

• Who will Man City/Pompey get with their Arabic money?
  • Will Barry move?
  • Will Sunderland buy any internationals this summer that don't bomb by Christmas?
  • Will Tottenham rebuy their squad from 2 years ago?
  • Will Real Madrid spend shedloads on revitalising their, frankly toilet squad? Ribery? Benzema?
  • What about the English top 4, will Wenger spend, will Benitez raid Valencia? will Chelsea get bumfucked by their new manager? Will SAF buy another Asian midfielder that's toss but has the potential to be amazing?
  • Is ANYONE worth picking up from those clubs in the drop?
  • Will Wolfsberg be able to keep their star players after winning the Bundesliga?
  • Will PSV and Ajax raid the depths of the Baltic states for stupidly talented kids?

Or will nothing really happen until August 30th when some League 1 player joins Cheltenham on a free? <_<

Roll on the summer!

I can see Chelsea doing pathetically little in the transfer market this summer. We need at least 3 players going in/out to keep us from deteriorating, not to mention that our squad's not nearly as deep as some. Man United can easily put out 2 different teams, both of good quality. I think Chelsea only have about 17 or 18 players who I would rank of acceptable level - and even some of those are pushing the boundaries waaaay beyond what a title-challenging team would normally accept (e.g. di Santo).

Mourinho was linked with wanting Deco and Carvalho. I know there's no truth in it and the papers are just making ye olde "Mourinho -> Portuguese players" link, but seriously - take them. £15m for the pair? Done. I'll give you a discount the quicker you can get Deco out of my sight.

Definite requirements:

1. Another left-back to replace Wayne Bridge.

2. Another midfielder to replace Deco and/or Ballack (who just makes up the numbers these days). An attacking-minded one, please - Essien and Mikel are enough as far as defensive cover goes.

3. Another striker would be nice, but if they're going to keep the same 4-3-3 formation, then another alternative for the wing would be better.

We can manage without needing another keeper to replace Cudicini (Hilario is adequate cover), unless they want to pull a new 3rd choice guy from out of the grass somewhere. We've got right-backs coming out of our ears. We're fine in central defence since Ivanovic or even Mancienne can fill in as required.

Now, watch us spend £15m on someone 3 years past their prime and has never played in England before. <_<

Edited by stokeriño

From the teams that went down, these are the players worth taking:

West Brom:

Carson

Brunt

Morrison

Newcastle:

Viduka

Owen

Martins (?)

Taylor

Bassong

Gutierrez (?)

Middlesbrough:

Johnson

Maybe Turnbull as a back up keeper for someone like Wigan.

Let's not lie though, the big talking point is "Where are Delph and Beckford going to move to?" Delph pretty much stripped naked at the end of the second leg of the playoffs from giving kids all his stuff and stayed on the pitch for ages clapping the fans. Beckford's been transfer listed and apparently Grayson was the one who made the final decision on that, so he's out of the door.

This summer is vital for Rafa. Get it right and we'll win the league next year, but a repeat of last year's with air kick Robbie and we'll so much ground to Man Utd that it'd take a massive slice of luck to make it back up again. If we could start next season with Lavezzi, Glen Johnson and Gareth Barry having come in and Babel, Dossena, Voronin along with the likes of Itandje and Leto that would be perfect. Unfortunately I can see us losing Alonso, signing Barry and doing fuck all else with the first team.

Michael Mifsud is Elland Road bound, according to Sky Sports. I don't think he'll be Beckford's replacement though as he's coming in on a free, I think we'll get another striker in with the money from Becks.