The Inevitable Summer Transfer Market Topic

The thing is with regards to prospects, is since we aren't actually in the training sessions, how are we to know? The coaching squad may see potential where we cannot - and for every Scholes, Giggs and Neville, there's about ten Ben Thornley, Ronnie Wallwork and Ebanks-Blake. All you need is one shining star a year to come through, and everyone will be saying "Oh wow, Man Utd's youth squad is amazing!"

The thing is with regards to prospects, is since we aren't actually in the training sessions, how are we to know? The coaching squad may see potential where we cannot - and for every Scholes, Giggs and Neville, there's about ten Ben Thornley, Ronnie Wallwork and Ebanks-Blake. All you need is one shining star a year to come through, and everyone will be saying "Oh wow, Man Utd's youth squad is amazing!"

I may have misread, but are you suggesting Sylvan Ebanks-Blake is rubbish? Because he was probably the best striker in the Championship last season, and I expect him to score a few goals at least for Wolves this season too.

Blakey is pretty damn brilliant (although I would be biased with previously meeting him and his family living here) and I think he'll be one to watch next season. Great last season in the Championship and he's got the power and pace to cause problems in the Premiership. I think he'll play an important factor in whether or not Wolves actually stay up. My pick was the one to watch (Y)

Also, what the hell is this news of Sheringham joining a lower league team? Is that as a coach or actually as a player? I thought he'd retired ages back.

It must of done good enough if we won the league and were runners up in the CL :/

Aye, good enough. But doing well enough isn't the same as doing well, and I don't think you'll punish smaller teams as much this season, so I think you'll need more points against fellow title-chasers.

But your midfield won't do well against the bigger sides. It has no bite.

Are you basing this purely on a few performances last season? Because we managed to beat the big teams (including Barcelona) in the season before last, with a midfield of Scholes and Carrick. I'd like to see us bring in a defensive midfielder, but I think people are overreacting somewhat.

Of course I'm basing it on last season. The other big teams weren't the same two seasons ago and Scholes is only going to deteriorate with every season he plays.

Guest Ringmaster
Dunno if it's been mentioned but Sunderland have signed Paolo Da Silva. Going by my Aston Villa game of FM, that should be a really good signing. >_>

He allegedly had an atrocious stay at a bunch of eye-tie clubs back in the old days but of what I've seen of him in the Apertura, he's been an absolute shoe-shine. Like, think Ashley Cole circa 04 but on the right side. And he screams and he's kind of the angry leader defender kind of guy that of what I've seen from Sunderland, seems to be lacking at times. This guy is pretty grand, really.

Also, lol at Cristiano Ronaldo already starting shit up at Madrid with Nike/Adidas.

Tottenham interested in Vieira? Not sure how much truth there is to that. Also, Melo is set to sign for Juve, which is another great signing (along with Diego and the return of Cannavaro) to boost up the team for the upcoming season. Fantastic job done to really build the team back up after the scandal a few years ago, I think they can fair much better in Europe this season as well :)

Also, shame to see the Tevez deal done with City. I'm guessing their attention will be turned to defensive wise now, which is something they need to build on majorly if they seriously want to put together a challenge this season.

Tottenham interested in Vieira? Not sure how much truth there is to that. Also, Melo is set to sign for Juve, which is another great signing (along with Diego and the return of Cannavaro) to boost up the team for the upcoming season. Fantastic job done to really build the team back up after the scandal a few years ago, I think they can fair much better in Europe this season as well :)

Also, shame to see the Tevez deal done with City. I'm guessing their attention will be turned to defensive wise now, which is something they need to build on majorly if they seriously want to put together a challenge this season.

Nope. They're after Adebayor.

I was under the impression that Man City were trying to bid for Eto'o and Adebayor because they knew they'd lost Tevez to either Chelsea or the 'un-named Spanish club' ¬_¬

All this talk of 4+ strikers on rotation sounds complete nonsense... but then again I think both Santa Cruz and Bellamy will be happy to play in the reserves until Tevez or Striker X gets injured... because we all know it WILL happen at some point, and it's much better to rely on a proven striker when things go tits up than Vassell or Benjani.

Which means that Benjani won't even be able to play in the reserves league :o

Apparently Adebayor really is going to City. Santa Cruz must be thinking about what the feck he's doing at City..

According to Dutch media Arsenal is preparing a bid for Huntelaar, which could be interesting.

BBC and Sky Sports are throwing around figures of £25m - £30m for Adebayor. I would have paid City to take him personally. Als speculating that he'll earn between £130k and £170k a week, which is ridiculous considering he's the world's laziest player.

Apparently Adebayor really is going to City. Santa Cruz must be thinking about what the feck he's doing at City..

According to Dutch media Arsenal is preparing a bid for Huntelaar, which could be interesting.

Huntelaar no viaja con el resto del equipo a la concentración en Dublín

* Sttutgart o Tottenham son las opciones que maneja el ariete

13/07/09 - 17:05.

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar vive sus últimas horas como jugador del Real Madrid. El delantero holandés no viajó con el resto de compañeros a la concentración que va a realizar el equipo blanco en Dublín.

La decisión de que Huntelaar no se haya desplazado con la plantilla a Irlanda se ha tomado entre el club y el propio jugador. Huntelaar no cuenta en el nuevo proyecto madridista y el jugador maneja ofertas del Stuttgart, club con el que el Real Madrid ya había llegado a un acuerdo, y el Tottenham.

Por esta razón Huntelaar se ha quedado en Madrid a la espera de que se aclare su futuro.

La semana pasada el director general del Real Madrid, Jorge Valdano, se reunió con Huntelaar para comunicarle que no entraba en los planes de Manuel Pellegrini y que debía aceptar ser traspasado al Stuttgart tras el acuerdo entre clubes.

(H)

So that news piece in Spanish is saying that Pellegrini just said Huntelaar's not in his plans and is about to leave for Stuttgart.

Nevermind RSC, what about Bellamy? :D