Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

But for the storyline you only create the scenes/matches with the playable wrestler in it don't you? So there'd be other stuff happening on Raw, but in terms of your wrestler it would just be a contract signing one week, then a match at the PPV, then a rematch on Raw etc. which would only be 3 segments. I think that's how it works, as I say I only had a quick play about with it last night.

Any wrestler in any match is playable in Story Designer. In the story I'm working on, it revolves around Jericho & Big Show, which are the primary characters people will use, but there are times when I set it up so someone will be controlling JeriShow's opponents. For example, Matt Hardy is currently a thorn in Jericho's side, but Jericho keeps ducking him, so every Smackdown has a match with the player controlling Matt Hardy against one of Jericho's obstacles.

Just drew a cock and three bits of jizz on Vince McMahon.

But why does he look like an angry Ronald Reagan?

My first scene in the story create whatsit is the doctor telling Tony Chimel he has six months to live.

Edited by Skummy
  • Like 2

I'm thinking he's going to live life to the fullest, take every opportunity he can - and as such just be present in practically every scene. Then he'll probably hit someone with a stick.

I almost wish they would take a year off and just spend the time working on 2012 and then just continue to work on 2010 through DLC and patches, but there's no way WWE will let that happen, they will find a way to get 2011 released. Which kinda sucks, because with a few minor tweaks, a couple additions to the roster and maybe some more stuff for Story Designer, this would be the best WWE game ever.

I cant get into this story creator. I tried to make a scene with some announcer banter and someone coming in for commentary. It took me like half an hour and then I accidentally hit back too many times and lost it. Maybe I'll try later but it doesnt seem as simple as people were saying

It is easy, it's just a bitch without a keyboard.

My two cents...

I picked up a cheap keyboard that clips onto the controller from ASDA for under a tenner the other day, specifically for this game. I can't say I'm getting on with it too well just yet, but the on screen keyboard is awful.

Considering we're not 'typing' per se, why aren't the letters directly above/below each other like the PSN keyboard so that we can move up and down to letters, as opposed to up down and across just to find the letter you're after?

When you get to the end of a line, the last word should automatically be put on to the next, but it isn't, meaning you have to hit enter yourself and sometimes even back another space because it moves one over from the end.

I'm pretty quick with the PSN on screen keyboard now. Predictive text would help in game too, but it's not a huge deal. Having something more like the PSN's one would be a lot better though I think.

Btw, is there a way to start a scene where a superstar walks down the ramp with his music playing? I know how to have the entrance video/music playing, but it plays without a superstar walking to the ring. After playing around with it, things seem a lot more limited than they could and should be. The character limit sucks arse as well. I wouldn't see the problem in having one, maybe two more lines of text available to us.

I bought this on the weekend, it's the first Smackdown game I've bought since Shut You Mouth.

It's a fun game, especially the MITB and Scrable modes, but I'm shocked that after all this time HIAC is still so shit :/

Few questions if you guys don't mind helping me out:

- Can you still fight in the crowd?

- Can you throw people off of the stage?

- What's an ultimate control grapple? Is it how people do things like suplex me and wander around with me in the air?

- How do you grapple on the ladder? I thought it was just right stick towards opponent but just seems to punch them?

Cheers.

Btw, is there a way to start a scene where a superstar walks down the ramp with his music playing?

You need to get creative with scene lengths, but yeah, it's possible. There's one animation that is a guy talking, then a guy interrupts by walking down the ramp. Clip the scene to start with walking down the ramp and end it with him getting in the ring. If you want to have him talking, create a new scene after it with just him standing in the ring. A bit of a pain, but once you get familiar with the animations, it's a breeze.

The ref was just knocked out for six minutes. Normally if I use the ref shove ability it takes them out for a couple of seconds - enough time to grab a weapon from under the ring, and just about enough to hit them with it once if you time it perfectly - but this gave me enough time to wail on Regal with the ringsteps AND a steel chair, for CM Punk (?) to run in and knock him about for a bit, and for me to hit both my finishers on Regal, before the ref even started to wake up, then suddenly the guy does a fucking backward roll up to his feet, shakes his head a bit and tries to give me a telling off. Genius.

This one really seems to be getting a whole lot of praise and even though criticism appears aswell, the amount of the awesome seems to outweight the amount of the suck. What really sucks, though, is that it's the first time I'd actually buy a SmackDown game since 2005 (since I don't even have one for the Xbox, which is my current console) and I don't have the money >_< I need to get my hands on this soon though, the storyline creator thingy sounds incredible and, hey, I've skipped three of these games, I'm sure quite a lot is different anyway from SvR '06 aside from the roster.