Smackdown vs Raw 2010: It's Your World Now

Hutch2004

The ref was just knocked out for six minutes. Normally if I use the ref shove ability it takes them out for a couple of seconds - enough time to grab a weapon from under the ring, and just about enough to hit them with it once if you time it perfectly - but this gave me enough time to wail on Regal with the ringsteps AND a steel chair, for CM Punk (?) to run in and knock him about for a bit, and for me to hit both my finishers on Regal, before the ref even started to wake up, then suddenly the guy does a fucking backward roll up to his feet, shakes his head a bit and tries to give me a telling off. Genius.

Tell us more about your crazy game xD

• Like 1

The ref was just knocked out for six minutes. Normally if I use the ref shove ability it takes them out for a couple of seconds - enough time to grab a weapon from under the ring, and just about enough to hit them with it once if you time it perfectly - but this gave me enough time to wail on Regal with the ringsteps AND a steel chair, for CM Punk (?) to run in and knock him about for a bit, and for me to hit both my finishers on Regal, before the ref even started to wake up, then suddenly the guy does a fucking backward roll up to his feet, shakes his head a bit and tries to give me a telling off. Genius.

This is what the highlight editor thing was made for.

A slight problem I have is that I wish there was some kind of system implemented where only Heel's run out and interfere in matches, with faces only coming out after the Heel has or when you're fighting a Heel or as a Heel. I had a match between Christian and Rey Mysterio that I couldn't finish because Evan Bourne ran out and broke up the three count every time I tried for one. Either that or have people that interfere leave after a certain amount of offence or something.

I'd like to suggest to anyone that feels like playing a fun and simple storyline to play the one made by THQ as a sample. You play through Christian's return to ECW. It's also a really good example story for anyone whose not sure how they should make one and it's actually quite fun to play through as well, surprisingly faithful to the real events that took place.

I was doing on of the RTWMs and got put in a Last Man Standing match against Bastita. I was wailing away on him with chairs, the 2x4 etc. I tried to throw him onto the announce table to hit my finisher on him, but he was able to throw me back into the ring. He whipped me into the corner, hit a superplex on me..and that was enough to keep HIM down for the 10 count and wni me the match..

I had what I consider to be my best match so far in this game yesterday. I went through Mickie's RTWM (since I had one last thing to unlock, that being TBK's street clothes), and chose Natalya, blah blah blah. Beth at WM was actually a pretty good opponent (although the reversals did get a little ridiculous), and I actually felt relieved when I hit her with the Long Kiss Goodnight to put her away.

Sorry 'bout that. >_>

Anyway, it was an awesome match.

Edited by TenaciousG
  • Like 1

How was mine? I thought I kept it reasonably spoiler free since I didn't reveal which RTWM I was in

It's still a spoiler though I'd say, just not as blatantly obvious as TenaciousG's detailed look into Mickie's story (which I managed to stop reading when I realised). I'm fine with it, but I can see how people would class it as one.

Started the Brand Warfare one, but then realised I have no motivation to play as either Cena or Triple H. So I think I'm gonna try a different one.

HBK spoiler

How the hell do I beat Orton in under 4 minutes when JBL keeps screwing me up so quick? An tips would be great.

Countout? I haven't done HBK's RTWM yet so I don't know

HBK spoiler

How the hell do I beat Orton in under 4 minutes when JBL keeps screwing me up so quick? An tips would be great.

The easiest way is to win is take the turnbuckle cover off and use an Ultimate Control Move to repeatedly smack Ortons head into it, that should damage his head enough to keep him down when u hit Sweet Chin Music. As for JBL, I've found an easy way to get rid of the people that interfere in RTWM matches. If you leave the ring til JBL comes after you, then get back into the ring he will stay on the outside, allowing you to finish Orton off in peace

I've noticed in Career mode that my CAW's Head always seems to get injured down to about 50% after just two matches (with the post-match 'healing' never doing enough to help), meaning it only returns to 100% health when everything gets healed after winning a title. The same applies to his Body, only to a lesser extent.

I'm wondering if this will ever improve much? Currently his Durability is somewhere around 65-70, and I'm getting sick of having to start every title match (by the time I reach it) already as a cripple when the opening bell rings.

Had this game for about a week now and it's great. A big improvement over '09. Even though it's still unmistakably Smackdown, the changes and additions added this year make the game seem so much fresher than in years gone by. I love Superstar Threads. Such a simple thing as changing colours of attires, but it really adds to the whole customisation theme they were going for this year.

Played through a few of the RTW's (Mickie's, Brand Warfare and the CAW one) and I'm quite liking them so far. The CAW one is pretty entertaining.

I've got it set on legend difficulty and have toggled the sliders - and it's made for some great matches. I had an epic twenty minute battle as HBK against Cody Rhodes. Got SCM reversed about eight times - I like the animations for reversing finishers a lot this year. Anyway, finally I managed to actually hit a SCM and get the win. But next I had HHH vs. Dibiase and again, it was another long and tough match. However this time Ted countered the Pedigree (again about seven or eight times) and got the win! I was as shocked as if it would have happened on TV.

Got my revenge in a DX vs. Legacy tag match afterward - but that was another long and hard fought match with many false finishes and such like.

I like that you actually have to work hard for your win this year when you have the right difficulty and reversal settings.

Create a superstar is pretty good this year. I find it a little easier to work with than past years. Not sure whether I like the points system or not yet but overall I like the caw mode. Decided to try my hand at making a Victoria/Tara and I think it turned out very well. Though the dreaded crotch/ass/boob blur seems to be worse than ever this year so I had a hard job creating any accurate recent attires of hers.

I just started to get into create a story mode. Took a little while to figure it out - and as I don't have a keyboard or anything to play it with - typing out dialogue is a pain in the ass. However I'm very much liking this mode and once you get into it, I'm sure you can create some pretty epic storylines.

As I say i STARTED to get into the storymode, but my Xbox has suffered the dreaded red ring of death! Great timing there! So guess I won't be playing for a few weeks until it's repaired. :angry:

Edited by darklordstu