Official Premier League 2009/10 thread

Lineker

Yeah they really are fucked. Like last time, as soon as Redknapp jumped ship from Pompey they've gone to complete ratshit. Man City are looking good, I didn't really expect them to gel so quick. I don't know how there going to fare against the big four with their all-out attack style though.

Awesome finish from Owen. Maybe it's also time United fans got their heads out of their asses and gave Berbatov a round of applause, because he looks like a different player so far this season. People were quick to shit on him last season when he was seemingly lazy at times (me included), yet so far this season (and yes, it's only two games in) he's looked brilliant and done more work in the space of today's game than what he did in all of last season it seems. It was fantastic seeing him run back and winning tackles. Fantastic touches on the ball, held it up great, gelling amazingly with Rooney and took his goal greatly, which clearly meant a lot to him based on the celebration. This guy is all about confidence and if he can keep that high, keep scoring and creating goals and the United fans start to show him more love, I feel he can finally turn into the great player we believed he was.

Either way, just great to see us finally kick start our season. Could also be the season that people finally start regarding Rooney in the same breath as the likes of Ronaldo and Messi, which of course he deserves, but rarely gets from some people. Also regarding that match, I agree that Webb did the right thing in not sending off Rodallega when he over reacted. Some people will see that differently, but in fairness the first wasn't a yellow and in the second example, Vidic should never of done what he did, however much I love the guy. If that's seen by the official, it's more than likely a red. So the over reaction is a little justified I guess, although it wasn't as bad as he first made it out to be. Still, good refereeing I thought.

Arsenal also look fantastic. The odd bit of shaky defending at times, but I really feel this could be the season they shoot back up towards the top and start contending for the title. I'm really worried about playing them in the upcoming game, could be a fantastic match.

Offence!? Who refers to the attacking line of a football team as the 'offence'!? :o

Oh, a hockey fan. Fair enough <_<

Can't stand Man Utd, but four of the five goals yesterday were pure class. Great performance by them to pick up after losing at Burnley, although I'm not sure what Vidic was playing at with Rodallega, good reffing from Howard Webb there none the less.

Kalinic's two attempts were poor, but then he eclipsed it with the greatest thing ever at the death. Right in front of the goal, he puts it so far wide that the ball doesn't even go out inside the 6 yard box markings.

I said at the start I wasn't afraid of Blackburn's attacking force, I figure I proved myself right. Although I imagine after that strike if needs be Fat Sam will just stick Givet and Samba up front and hope for the best. I'd have been worried if Derbyshire was about; but he was comically sold for a paltry fee - something I still can't fathom.

I fucked my throat on cheering our two goals, particularly our first. Then I thought Jones had injured himself in the celebration, fortunately not. Oh and Cana and Cattermole are our best midfield partnership for quite sometime, no one seems to have heard of Cana which is good - because after the match he's probably one of the opponents most talked about players.

Referee was, as per usual, shite. He gave us the two big decisions on the disallowed goals but every small decision just went the way of whoever well over the first, which, for while he was on the pitch was Diouf.