I never listen to radio

Benji

There's loads of good UK hip-hop, as long as it's not trying to be American hip-hop - which most of the stuff coming out of London is. Either that or grime, and grime's usually dreadful. Nottingham's got some class hip-hop acts, and I've already pimped Speech DeBelle as my current hip-hop love elsewhere on here.

That said, the only radio I listen to is Radio 2, between 7 and 12, I have a pretty skewed perception of what constitutes popular music these days.

There's a lot of Grime and UK Hip-hop at o2 Wireless this Sunday if anyone is going, or wants to pick up a ticket.

Example, Alesha Dixon, N-Dubz, Tinchy Stryder, Ironik, Chipmunk, MPHO, Tinie Tempah, Lady Soverign.

Obviously not all of that is good >_> but I'm gonna check most of them out anyway.

Shit, you posting Smiley Culture popped Tippa Irie up in the related videos. Amazing talent, forgot all about him.

[posts awesome song...]

Holy shit, that Tippa Irie song is insanely good. I played it like a million times yesterday. It's "officially" the British equivalent to "Juicy." Also, Keith, is that you playing guitar in the video? HAHAHA you have a beard!!!!!!!!

This is one of my favourite Hip-Hop tracks of all time, British or otherwise. It's incredible, one of the most lyrically impressive songs I've ever heard.

Edit: British Slang Translation; In this instance 'Brack' refers to being poor.

I love listening to Scott Mills and Zane Lowe on Radio 1 when I can. And I often listen to Edith Bowman for some movie update stuff.

Chris Moyles is the only guy I can't really stand, but I love a lot of the late night stuff especially with Huw Stephens and Steve Lamacq. It's not always to my taste, but it's a great way to find out some new bands.

The only one I really can't stand is Chris Moyles, and that's because he doesn't play music at all hardly. In the cross-city drive to work I can't count on two hands how many times we've made the journey and not heard a single song. You can't expect to hear all this random, eclectic stuff most people are into - but some of the chart music is actually quite good although most will try and refuse to believe it.

So yeah, Zane Lowe > everyone is pretty much the point here.