EWB Play-Along: Pokémon FireRed

probablyoliver

Bah, haven't played this for a couple of days, but am seriously considering restarting on LeafGreen just to make the aforementioned FireRed/VBA saving problem a whole lot easier.

Any especially badass pokemon that I can't get in LG?

Hm, when I try to save in LeafGreen the game still comes up with an error ("Save error. Please exchange the backup memory."). Is there something I should be doing to make this work, or is it a problem with my copy of the rom?

Edit: Nevermind, read back through the thread and decided to switch from VBA to no$gba. Now I may as well stick with FireRed because that works now too!

Will have to start again I think...but that's okay, because this time I shall go for pooooiiiiissssooooonnnn, as Plubby requested. :shifty:

Making my run through the Silph Co. Tower and I stumbled across my rival with my team being down to Blastoise, Kadabra and Growlithe all with yellow health, Needless to say I got my ass handed to me :( First time I've lost so far, Second time round was closer, But I pulled out the win.

and then I lost to Giovanni :(

and then I lost to Sabrina the first time round, What is wrong with me?

Team

Kadabra (lv43)

Blastoise (lv42)

Hitmanchan (lv40)

Snorlax (lv30)

Growlithe (lv30)

Pikachu (lv25)

Pokemon of note on the bench

Eevee (lv25)

Beedrill (lv25)

Pidgeotto (lv23)

Ch'Ding (lv22) (aka Farfetch'd)

Nidorino (lv31)

Doduo (lv26)

Lapras (lv25)

Been putting pokemon to the pavement over the last week, gained a few levels.

Here's how the team stands, after beating my Rival at Silph co, i'm just trying to clear the building of all rockets before I take on Giovanni. Don't wanna throw away free trainer EXP, and besides, my rival outleveled me by a few so clearly the edge I had as of Erika's gym has been caught right up. I want to try for 40 across the board before I tackle Koga.

Lv 35 Dragonair

Lv 35 Ninetales

Lv 35 Primeape

Lv 35 Venusaur

Lv 36 Nidoking

Lv 37 Mr. Mime