The England thread

Yeah, glad Shelvey's there. His passing of the ball has been excellent this season and he's a player with drive, which England are lacking at the moment.

It probably won't happen but I'd love to see a CM partnership of Shelvey and Cleverley. Lots of drive and energy there, and two players that are starting to excel with their passing.

I thought people liked Liverpool these days. I have been doing it all wrong.

They're less annoying than before, although its generally the fans that piss me off with their bloated expectations and insane bias towards their own team no matter what. Rodgers is cool though, and Allen.

With Shelvey, its just his acting out in the last couple of weeks for me that has made me decide he's a cunt. Mouthing off at Fergie after his sending off, his celebration when he scored in Europe the next week and so on. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he has a career littered with red cards for ridiculous challenges.

With Shelvey, its just his acting out in the last couple of weeks for me that has made me decide he's a cunt. Mouthing off at Fergie after his sending off, his celebration when he scored in Europe the next week and so on. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he has a career littered with red cards for ridiculous challenges.

But it wasn't THAT ridiculous a challenge, and I can totally understand wanting to mouth off at Fergie. For all the respect I have for him, he's still an utter cunt. My Shelvey hatred is that he looks like a thug >_>.

I think it's more that you'd struggle to trust him not to get sent off in a big game, or needlessly lunge into a ridiculous challenge. Or you'd spend the game on edge if he picked up a yellow. That said, he's put in some impressive performances and I support the inclusion of young players - it can do some people a world of good just training with the squad.

I thought people liked Liverpool these days. I have been doing it all wrong.

I'm indifferent to most clubs (I'm even a 'hope all the NE clubs do well' person) but Liverpool just went out of their way to be horrible last season, capped off by Kennys interview after the Suarez non handshake. Getting shot of the old sod has made me like them a bit more, but I do quietly enjoy seeing them struggle to score just for the poor treatment of Carroll.