The England thread

I dunno, Crewe reserves can be quite tasty.

I don't see the problem with playing players that are in form. So what if Holt isn't doing good this season, that is why you pick players when they are in form at the time. And again, its San Marino, I think if I had a 30 minute run out against them I'd bag a goal from right back.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. :shifty:

To be honest I don't really want to push the argument, simply because I agree with you entirely in principle that the trend towards England managers watching and picking from the top four teams (I don't think Capello ever made the trip to SJP) is damaging to the domestic game and England team, with players happy to sit on the bench at good teams to make the squad.

But I just don't see this as the 'why isn't Matt Le Tissier getting more caps?' situation, despite the similarities in style. I see this more as 'why is Hodgson choosing to put the development of a young player with great potential over a handful of caps for a player older than me with 7 months of top flight experience?', and I know and understand the reasons why he is.

Jesus, the comments section of the BBC article about Rio going to Qatar instead of playing for England. Football fans are generally morons, but with access to internet they are megamorons.

Jesus, the comments section of the BBC article about Rio going to Qatar instead of playing for England. Football fans are generally morons, but with access to internet they are megamorons.

Fixed.

No, wait.

Jesus, the comments section of the BBC article about Rio going to Qatar instead of playing for England anywhere on the internet. Football fans Human beings are generally morons, but with access to internet they are megamorons.

Now fixed.

• Like 1

It's funny how the media and people online are all over this. I'd rather go to Qatar for a break too instead of training for a week and playing a nothing game against San Marino, especially at this point of his career in his physical shape.

I think it's a bleedin' disgrace! This guy's on 475,000 pounds a week and would rather line his bank account some more to go and commentate for a bunch of Arabs than play for his country. In my day, we had real men like Sir Stanley Matthews who would sail halfway around the world just to represent this fine nation and then come back and work 72 hours for only 2 bob a week.

• Like 3