The England thread

Hennessey has just moved to Yeovil!

And what a cracking match that was, fair play to Scotland, it was the best atmosphere I've experienced in the new Wembley.

Yeah, it was a brilliant match to watch. My favourite moment was a Scotland fan in a morphsuit shouting "I'm fucking drenched, where the fuck are you?" into his phone.

James Arthur was sat a few rows behind us.

I won £26 on Rickie Lambert last goal.

England manager Roy Hodgson has named his squad to face Moldova and Ukraine and has handed Ross Barkley and Andros Townsend their first senior call-ups.

Rickie Lambert's memorable debut against Scotland and subsequent league form is enough to earn him a second call-up to the squad, while Liverpool's in-form striker Daniel Sturridge returns after missing the previous game through injury.

There is also a return to the squad for uncapped Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster, who replaces the injured Ben Foster.

England take on Moldova at Wembley on 6 September, before travelling to Kyiv to face Ukraine on 10 September.

The squad

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Celtic), Joe Hart (Manchester City), John Ruddy (Norwich City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United), Ashley Young (Manchester United).

...and the U21s;

Goalkeepers: Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City), George Long (Sheffield United).

Defenders: Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon), Ezekiel Fryers (Tottenham Hotspur), Todd Kane (Blackburn Rovers, loan from Chelsea), Michael Keane (Manchester United), Jack Robinson (Blackpool, loan from Liverpool), Luke Shaw (Southampton), John Stones (Everton), Tom Thorpe (Manchester United), Andre Wisdom (Liverpool).

Midfielders: Tom Carroll (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Will Hughes (Derby County), Nick Powell (Manchester United), Jonjo Shelvey (Swansea City), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Wide: Sammy Ameobi (Newcastle United), Jesse Lingaard (Manchester United), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), Wilfried Zaha (Manchester United).

Forwards: Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Connor Wickham (Sunderland).

Edited by Starvinho

I quite like that squad, so long as the newer guys actually play and they don't just bottle it.

If the team to play Moldova is something like; Hart, Cole, Cahill, Jagielka, Johnson, Young, Lampard, Gerrard, Milner/Walcott, Rooney and Defoe I'll be so disappointed.