The England thread

Finally just caught the second half on SS1. The Austria freekick was really damn good. The Gerrard goal was bloody brilliant too, lovely play. Manniger made a pure amazing save against Smith too. As for the James blooper well I've seen ten times worst than that and in my opinion it's not a huge mistake, but that's just me. I honestly do feel Austia deserved a point though as they certainly played well.

Kinda makes you wish Seaman had never retired! Even though he was losing it people felt safer with him in goal than James right now as he was reliable and made a lot of class saves. Only really one mistake in his entire career that stands out and that being the goal Ronaldinho scored. Even then he shouldn't be blamed for that loss as Ronaldinho then got himself sent off and England should have been all over them during that game but they werent.

It's just the same old England always give away a win.

Finally just caught the second half on SS1. The Austria freekick was really damn good. The Gerrard goal was bloody brilliant too, lovely play. Manniger made a pure amazing save against Smith too. As for the James blooper well I've seen ten times worst than that and in my opinion it's not a huge mistake, but that's just me. I honestly do feel Austia deserved a point though as they certainly played well.

David James has never been good enough for the main goalkeeping spot in the England team. He would have easily been my third choice keeper during Euro '04 (behind Robinson and Walker), he constantly makes mistakes, he is crap at corners and flaps around at the ball too much.

It is very true to say how at the moment we don't have a top England goalkeeper, the best thing to do would be to use the guy who is on the best form. At the moment that would have to be Robert Green (Norwich), while further down the road it could be Robinson, Walker or Kirkland.

The only thing David James has ever done for England is look good in the keepers kit on advertisments.

Thing is he won't drop after he's just made that mistake cuz he'll think everyone else will think he's caved in to media pressure. So He'll play him wednesday and he'll probably play ok and then he won't drop him still and he'll continue playing untill he fucks up again and once again everyone is on his back and sven won't drop him and around the circle goes. Robinson is the best shot stopping keeper England have got and I think he should be Englands number one. What the fuck does Sven know bout picking goalkeepers any way? This is the same man who took Ian Walker to euro 2004! Nigel Martyn had a class season, I would of taken him!

Sven needs to get some balls, it took him long enough to fuck Heskey off and that was only cuz Rooney played so well. I would of dropped the sack of shit ages ago. Whats his goal scoring record? Something like 4 in more than 30 games? Vassells got more than that and most of them have come from him coming off the bench. IMO England should never have got in a foreign manager. Should of speant the cash on persuading Curbishley to take the job, he's a real manager.

Thing is he won't drop after he's just made that mistake cuz he'll think everyone else will think he's caved in to media pressure. So He'll play him wednesday and he'll probably play ok and then he won't drop him still and he'll continue playing untill he fucks up again and once again everyone is on his back and sven won't drop him and around the circle goes. Robinson is the best shot stopping keeper England have got and I think he should be Englands number one. What the fuck does Sven know bout picking goalkeepers any way? This is the same man who took Ian Walker to euro 2004! Nigel Martyn had a class season, I would of taken him!

As a Spurs fan I'd love to see Robinson in the team, he's been awesome this season. He won't let anyone down. For a fat bloke, he has amazing agility.

People say he hasn't got experience, how do you get experience? Play games! Take someone like Lampard who they just used as a sub to gain experience until he improved, you can't do that with a goal keeper - you just have to throw them in at the deep end. Sink or swim.

I've got Paul Robinson in my Sun Dream Team and he's on fucking fire, man of the match against Newcastle (bastard!), and at least another clean sheet, so good knows how he's going through a shitty patch. I fail to see how a keeper change will disrupt anything, and since Sven didn't feel the need to properly try out some different teams in friendlies now is the time.

I'd have Robinson in goal, Defoe on for Smith (again, Defoe is shit hot so far this season), move Beckham into the middle and lose Lampard for Wright-Phillips. As much as I like Lampard, he and Gerrard are playing a very similar role at the moment, and Gerrard shades it. If Beckham plays badly in his favoured central position, switch Lampard back in. We need wingers who will actually take someone on, and Wright-Phillips has that, and Bridge could if given a chance, especially overlapping with Ashley Cole.

The Sun Paper once again talks more shit than ever today when it has some twat I've never actually heard of saying Beckham isn't good enough. I'm honestly starting to think David Beckham is the most underated player around. It seems everyone hates him nowadays for no reason at all. When he goes on the pitch he always seems to give 100%. People seem to hate him so much because they rely on him too much. England isn't and shouldn't be a one man team, so why always put the blame on that guy? He deserves so much better than that. I couldn't care what anyone said, Beckham is still one of the best and he'll show it within time and then all of his haters will once again start sucking up again I bet.

James will be given another chance too, but I honestly do beleive it is his last chance. Is the Sun/Mirror right when they say Cudicini can play for England? If so then Sven is a fucking retard if he doesn't attempt to bring him in. He'd NEVER get into the Italian team with 'God of Keepers' Buffon and Toldo there, so why not try and bring him in? Maybe it's not as simple as that, but if it's possible then give it a shot because he's damn awesome.

The Sun Paper once again talks more shit than ever today when it has some twat I've never actually heard of saying Beckham isn't good enough. I'm honestly starting to think David Beckham is the most underated player around. It seems everyone hates him nowadays for no reason at all. When he goes on the pitch he always seems to give 100%. People seem to hate him so much because they rely on him too much. England isn't and shouldn't be a one man team, so why always put the blame on that guy? He deserves so much better than that. I couldn't care what anyone said, Beckham is still one of the best and he'll show it within time and then all of his haters will once again start sucking up again I bet.

Maybe an official international football thread sometime soon?

Anyway England are 1-0 up thanks to a superb Defoe goal. Robinson is in goal and nearly fucked up already when he spilt the ball but quickly grabbed it back. Poland look a threat for sure though and I see them grabbing a goal.

Italy are also 0-0 at halftime :)

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Don't have Sky Sports, but I do hope one of the home nations or Republic of Island go through. While I'm an England boy, I seriously hope Scotland and the Republic go through along with England and Wales. (Sorry Northern Island...)

But the way England are at the moment...I doubt it.