The England thread

The BBC Football website lists the England goal as an own goal by Polish defender Arkadiusz Glowacki, saying he "slid Ashley Cole's left-wing cross into his own net under pressure from Michael Owen".

I can't actually see any of the matches, so this is all I've got to go from...

Yeah Sky Sports also says it was an own goal, even though I thought there was a slight touch from Owen. England SHOULD be winning this game by two or three goals but have wasted so many chances, they look so tired :ohwell:

Edit - Oh shit, Slovakia are winning 7-0 *Must see that game*

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Wahey. We won. Robbo and Defoe played. Spurs had the joint most players out there tonight (with Chelsea) I think that proves who is the real North London club.

Without jumping on the Beckham-hating-bandwagon, I don't even get a buzz when we get a free kick now. Fucker can't ever clear the wall...

Saw the Welsh highlights and I'd feel very hard done to if I was Robbie Savage. In his interview on Sky he said the tackle was out to break his legs and I agree with him, that should be far more than the standard ban, it was a shocking challenge.

Good result for England but the whole 'not speaking to the press' plan is stupid as fuck. They're only going to get more bullshit from that and I wanted to hear a few comments from the new boys Robinson and Defoe anyway. Hopefully they've cemented their spots for the time being, and I can't stand Spurs. Richard Keys was well pissed off.

Another sack of shit Scotland result.

You expected anything more?

Good result from England, I was pleased with it. Doing well considering we had our second string defence out there after Neville went off. Apart from Cole we had our second string, anyway.

N. Ireland vs Wales match seemed like a good game from a Neutral point of view, I only caught the highlights. The sendings off seemed a little dodgy and as much as I hate Savage, he was hard done by.

Wales should have won that game in the last couple of minutes. If Bellamys shot had found its way to Earnshaw im sure they would have scored instead Collins hit into the side netting. Wales are now in the situation where they must beat England next month. With Ferdinand, Campbell and Rooney back by then I dont think they stand much of a chance. If they want to win that game they must drop Hartson and start with Earnshaw. They wont have Savage either but they will have Giggs which could be useful for them as he plays regulary at Old Trafford.

You notice how once England start playing Spurs players they almost start playing football? Good goal by Defoe there.

The "Not speaking to the press" thing is another reason to put a black mark on this team. Still want Spurs players to do well but the more injuries/suspensions/thrashings the better for them. If you play shit you deserve to be told you played shit...

Guest Crow's Nest1927

Wales should have won that game in the last couple of minutes. If Bellamys shot had found its way to Earnshaw im sure they would have scored instead Collins hit into the side netting. Wales are now in the situation where they must beat England next month. With Ferdinand, Campbell and Rooney back by then I dont think they stand much of a chance. If they want to win that game they must drop Hartson and start with Earnshaw. They wont have Savage either but they will have Giggs which could be useful for them as he plays regulary at Old Trafford.