AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

As someone who was torn up by watching it, I don't think that's true at all, Nerf, and that's not particularly a pleasant thing to imply about someone over a piece of fiction. If you don't feel connected to a fictional character then you don't, simple as - it shouldn't be considered a commentary on someone. If it were someone real then I'm sure people would feel more empathy.

• Like 3

You're not invested enough to the death of a child to affect you? That says more about you than the show, in this instance.

...you know it's not real, right? The girl didn't really die? Sure, the idea of that happening IRL is horrible, but like I say, the show didn't give me a reason to care about her as a character, so it didn't affect me. I can't really help but look at it as a plot device.

I think this is probably a disconnect thing where people who have kids can relate by putting themselves in the shoes of the characters, but I don't... so, again, it's just a character on a TV show that I didn't really care about to me.

• Like 3

I haven't been watching this since it went on break for the Christmas holidays an by that point I was fed up with it, surely I wasn't the only one, so without getting into spoilers, is this show worth getting back into or is it just the usual boring talk with some zombies here and there still?

Yeah, I'd argue 4B has been the best streak the show's ever been on. There's been some really gold episodes since it came back from break.

I kind of doubt he'll like it when his complaint about the previous season was "the usual boring talk with some zombies here and there still".

It's still a show about characters surviving, it hasn't become Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead if that's what you're asking. It's no more action oriented than it was.

Damn it AMC, why do you have to rerun TWD after Talking Dead? Rerun it after Comicbook Men so all the new stuff is together.

Those guys Daryl is with are the guys that came in the house Rick was in, right?

Those guys Daryl is with are the guys that came in the house Rick was in, right?

Correct. It took me a few moments to realize it when their leader showed up (I tried to place where I've seen him before)

Overall, good episode! Gonna be interesting to see how it goes next Sunday. I can't wait!

Also:

Gah, Eugene....how do they not realize that this guy is full of shit!?

Also, this Mary lady....something seems off about her. She seems too friendly. She is probably gonna try and feed everyone to walkers

Correct. It took me a few moments to realize it when their leader showed up (I tried to place where I've seen him before)

Overall, good episode! Gonna be interesting to see how it goes next Sunday. I can't wait!

Also:

Gah, Eugene....how do they not realize that this guy is full of shit!?

Also, this Mary lady....something seems off about her. She seems too friendly. She is probably gonna try and feed everyone to walkers

Yea, everytime someone says "He knows what caused the outbreak" I keep thinking "Then ask him and get him to explain!" Why the hell they all trust him so much I don't know.

And yea, I'm not feeling Mary is on the up and up. I don't think she's gonna feed them to walkers though....more like she's feeding other people to them...

It's got to be Cannibals at Terminus. The gate being 'unlocked' at the front and then the other large gate doors only lends to allowing cognizant people through, but it's also a funnel with two choke points for walkers. Subtle but very effective in reality. No other people around except for the creepy lady offering food ? Uhhhh yeah.

... anything like this in the comics ?

It's got to be Cannibals at Terminus. The gate being 'unlocked' at the front and then the other large gate doors only lends to allowing cognizant people through, but it's also a funnel with two choke points for walkers. Subtle but very effective in reality. No other people around except for the creepy lady offering food ? Uhhhh yeah.

The Hunters in the comics were cannibals, I fully expect the people of Terminus to be the TV version of them, which makes "Let me fix you a plate" all the more haunting.

• Like 1

The Hunters in the comics were cannibals, I fully expect the people of Terminus to be the TV version of them, which makes "Let me fix you a plate" all the more haunting.

It actualy feels much more like the second episode of season one of the video game by tell tale. Much rather a frindly butchery than "fear the hunters" - i am fine with that but i am a little sad that they more or less gave away that it is a bad place by the sceens from the next episode deal.

• Like 1