AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

There's only 6 episodes so i'll probably hang in there.  I found it to be a bit of  struggle being an 1 1/2 hours.  The last 20 mins was good and going back to 60 mins should help. 

Solidly liked it. It's at "this is good for a summer show" levels of quality, basically. Maybe because the feeling of being on the cusp of society completely and irreparably imploding seems pretty relatable. Pace was really slow and sleepy but I was pretty much expecting that.

• Like 2

Solidly liked it. It's at "this is good for a summer show" levels of quality, basically. Maybe because the feeling of being on the cusp of society completely and irreparably imploding seems pretty relatable. Pace was really slow and sleepy but I was pretty much expecting that.

Absolutely ... while most were obvious, many of the "signs" of something bigger happening that were just tossed in or there in the background was half the reason I was wanting to watch this.  We see things that aren't "right" all the time but brush it off or just completely miss it.  Pretty sure there was plenty in the episode that got missed as well simply because of how we're programmed to digest it.

• Like 1

It was super simple and not overly important, but one of my favorite parts was

When the principal made a comment about how the bus driver only picked up 5 kids. Made me wonder...are the kids dead? Sick? Hiding at home? Running away? Who knows! But I liked it.

It was super simple and not overly important, but one of my favorite parts was

Hidden Content

Exactly, which was on the heels of the Principle talking about how a bunch of kids were out when she first walks in with the daughter towards the start of the episode.  Then you have them driving and she looks out the window and there's the missing photos on the stone step wall before she looks up and sees the very out of place silhouette under the tree

• Like 1

So that episode? Much better than the first. I think I may even start to like this series more than the main.

Watching civilization fall apart, how the people in power (the cops) are keeping everyone in the dark and stocking up themselves...it's just so cool. Tobias (was that his name?) is basically the 'every internet person', and I like him. It's a shame that we'll likely not see him anymore. Really hoping that Travis and his family can get back to Madison and the kids. And them watching their neighbor being attack? Crazy. And super tense in the school when the metal detector went off. I imagine that they'll eventually go back for the school bus/food. But we shall see.

So yeah, I really like it and I can't wait for next Sunday!

Last night's episode was really great. The show taking a week off is annoying, but the run will now lead us directly to the premiere week of The Walking Dead, which is cool.

I'm assuming the cop car filled with water jugs is going to come in to play, since the number of the patrol car was so prominently featured. It makes me hope that FTWD will tackle more realistic survival dangers, like dehydration. They say that would be the number one cause of death, rather quickly, if the United States infrastructure fell.

Last night's episode was really great. The show taking a week off is annoying, but the run will now lead us directly to the premiere week of The Walking Dead, which is cool.

Hidden Content

Or cheeseburgers shortage

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the first episode this weekend... and I just couldn't get into the family drama or the new characters. My husband is watching, so I'll be in the room watching it, but nothing grabbed me from the series.