AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

My problem with FTWD is that I don't particularly like any of the characters.

We're three episodes in, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that it'll take time to build emotions to people. That said, I kind of find myself rooting for the druggy kid and his mom.

My problem with FTWD is that I don't particularly like any of the characters.

Outside of CC simply because I like him ... I don't really give a rat's ass about any of them either.  My entire draw to the show was that it it dealt with Day 1 and went forward from the onset of everything.  THAT is the point for me ... so the characters involved only have to meet a certain minimum threshold.

I was hoping to see more of what started it, but it seems more like it picked up slightly before Rick woke up.  I guess those details aren't really going to be shown as it would probably ruin viewer TWD for some people. 

I don't care for all the characters except for the dad.   It's a short season and they're going to cramp in as much as possible. It should get better for season 2. 

Poor guy on the hill. He wasn't doing anything wrong, just flashing a light

:(

Also! If you're being protected by a fence...the last thing you should do is cut a hole in it, just saying. 

I also half expect the adults to lead a raid of some sort on the hospital to save Nick and the lady with the bum foot.

And only two more episodes to go.

Edited by Ruki

Is Salazar going to open the arena and unleash 2000 zombies?! Oh man. And he tortured the shit out of that guy!

Don't care about Liza's story, and Chris is still an annoying little shit (but who wasn't as a teenager?

Nick and this new guy? I think they are going to make a nice pair. And I think Travis is gonna step up and be a hero next episode.

Season finale is next week. Not sure how many main characters bite it (since there are so many currently). I'm putting my money on 2 not getting out alive.

So did FTWD turn out worth watching, or was it the same old misery as regular TWD?

I think so. I'm not the biggest Walking Dead fan but I do like back story, even if it is on the other side of America. It's misery, but a different kind of misery, I guess.

And Cliff Curtis is in in!

I meant to watch it but I remembered it was starting about a day too late to catch the first episode on pay tv, then I didn't want to see Episode 2 without seeing the first and I just gave up and will hope for a marathon of all 6 episodes by the network to drum up interest in the franchise before the main show comes back on.

Awful internet prevents me from doing much tv watching online by the way.

I didn't dislike it, I just didn't want to watch more of it if it was more of the same because that show is just so fucking miserable at times that I was about at my limit.

Ah. I'd say there is a bit of a different tone to this one. Less walkers and more humans causing problems

• Like 1