AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

What I'm loving about this is the reality of the situations. Because it's not a feature film, they have the time to flesh things out, to examine the impact of situations on the characters and so forth, and it's making for some remarkable television.

This could end up being the ultimate zombie showcase.

Wow... I don't expect that to hold, but it's damn near triple Breaking Bad's ratings, and that show isn't going anywhere, so I think it's safe to say that The Walking Dead is going to be around for at least a few seasons.

We´ll have to see how that carries over on non Halloween Sundays. It was a god premiere so i hope many viewers return.

I don´t see ten Seasons yet, they could easyle "screw this up" and have it dead by season two or three. It´s unmarkt theretory, no one realy knows what works and what dossent... i feel that it might loose the mainstream audience if it gets as dark and hopeless as the comic is. They put i some comedy relife in the pilot and it did not feel like a bad idea.

The Episode and the Season are nr. 1 one iTunes aswell. I´ll just wait for the BluRays though, having the german Fox pay TV (airing it the same time as in the UK) makes me feel right enough not to jump at the 10-16$ iTunes Season pass.

Hmm. I expected more of it, sure it's just been one episode but it's already the same zombie's story as always. Guy goes into some kind of coma and then suddenly wakes up at the hospital and he's all alone. Everyone else is already a zombie except for a few survivors here and there.

The zombies look fucking awesome though. I'm still gonna watch to see if it gets better and more original in future episodes.

That's how it is in the comics, which came out pretty much exactly the same time as 28 Days Later, just a weird coincidence.

But that's the beauty of TWD, it starts out like your typical zombie flick, except it's one that never ends. Instead of finding rescue at the end or wondering what happens to these people once the movie ends, it just keeps going. Without forgiveness.

And really, I don't know what else you'd expect from a show about zombies. It's always post-apocalyptic, because that's probably exactly what would happen.

I really loved the premiere. I'm hooked. The moment that he turned that corner on the horse and saw the giant swarm of zombies was incredible, but the last image is the one that stuck with me. The panning up on the scene where you see all the zombies lurking the streets gave me a huge sense of claustrophobia and fear. It was crazy.

It started off shitty. I'll be honest, for a long while I was impressed by very little barring the make up. It wasn't up until the photo albums that I started to connect. Obviously they couldn't go the comic route because that would be far too short to turn into a seasonal TV show, and they have to pace everything too, but I can't help but feel the opening salvo was done much better in the comics than the premier was...

... until the end. That moment where he was stuck under the tank. Oh fuck, I don't think I've ever felt more claustrophobic in all my life. Fuck. The moment he sat next to the soldier inside you just knew what was going to happen, but you're still panicking from before, so you react to Rick's reaction.

Overall, good opener. Definitely not the "zOMG SHOW OF THE YEAR" opener people would have you think, but a solid effort and definitely potential to be a contender to that slot. Particular kudos goes to Andrew Lincoln, who never once tried to over act the whole thing, and to the make up and effects department who were absolutely blow away fantastic (seriously, some of those facial gunshots looked brutal).

I thought Morgan and Dwayne were the best part of the show. I love Andrew Lincoln too.

And for shame Benji, the opening scene in the hospital was wonderful. The 'Dead Inside, Don't Open' part with the hand coming through the doors was great. Maybe I'm just too much of a sucker for zombies and wasn't as hyped as some were, but I thought it was definitely one of the best premieres I've ever watched. Any word on if the other episodes will be the same length?

That wasn't the opener though. That scene was good simply because it's a classic post-apocalypse scene from DotT and the visual image of "Dead Inside" is much better used in the comics (yes, I'm being 'that' guy).

There were lots of small things I did enjoy early on, I just didn't think it felt like a cohesive pilot episode until you hit the moment I mentioned with the photos.

I really loved the premiere. I'm hooked. The moment that he turned that corner on the horse and saw the giant swarm of zombies was incredible, but the last image is the one that stuck with me. The panning up on the scene where you see all the zombies lurking the streets gave me a huge sense of claustrophobia and fear. It was crazy.

... until the end. That moment where he was stuck under the tank. Oh fuck, I don't think I've ever felt more claustrophobic in all my life. Fuck. The moment he sat next to the soldier inside you just knew what was going to happen, but you're still panicking from before, so you react to Rick's reaction.

I found them the complete opposite, found them very weak and didn't feel anything like you two.