AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

So the now creepy girl was appearing to be strong and looked out for her little sister but freaked when it came time to put down her father and then it looked like the younger one would usurp her and be the strong one but since the sickness really kicked in, we've not seen the younger one and now it appears the elder child is developing some horror movie kid persona?

Is that about right, or am I misremembering details?

4 words I never thought I would say while watching this show

I like the Governor

I think this season is going to make him a likeable character to everyone outside of Rick's group...and I have this feeling like he's not at the prison to cause trouble, but to protect the family that he's adopted.

I kept on expecting him to flip out and do something really horrible.

Also, anyone know the song that played when he got out of his tent at the start of the episode?

Sounds like a pretty divisive episode, my wife hated it, I thought it was pretty good. I think she hated because she's read the books and thinks any attempt to humanize The Governor is gross. Book spoilers:

I totally get being grossed out by The Governor basically adopting a little girl in the show when he molests his daughter in the book

But I like the more nuanced approach to the character on the show, especially since it's a show without nuance 99% of the time. The book-version Governor is almost cartoonishly evil, which works in the realm of comics, but wouldn't on the show.

• Like 1

Sounds like a pretty divisive episode, my wife hated it, I thought it was pretty good. I think she hated because she's read the books and thinks any attempt to humanize The Governor is gross. Book spoilers:

I totally get being grossed out by The Governor basically adopting a little girl in the show when he molests his daughter in the book

But I like the more nuanced approach to the character on the show, especially since it's a show without nuance 99% of the time. The book-version Governor is almost cartoonishly evil, which works in the realm of comics, but wouldn't on the show.

You kind of have to keep in mind that this version of The Governor never did anything remotely close to that stuff. He was a monster, but not to the level of the comics. You really need to remember that the characters are totally separate because it just messes with your perception of them otherwise.

I liked this episode. A lot. I totally wasn't expecting to, because the idea of the Governor coming back just felt like "Ugh, here we go again!" but this was really refreshing and so much more interesting than the main crew. We need a lot more of this and I'd be totally okay with more Vagabond Governor.

Though I disagree with whoever said they think this ends with him not being at the prison to hurt people. I think we're going to see him get built back up, recreate himself anew and end up throwing it all away for revenge. Either that, or his assault on the prison becomes a necessity to protect his people. Either way though, I'm thinking it ends bloody for all involved. I'm pretty much hoping at this point that the mid-season break is the end of the prison and results the death of nearly everyone except Rick, Carl, Hershel, Darryl and one or two others. Though Hershel surviving a big event like that is optimistic at best. :(

But yeah, awesome way to breathe a little life back into the show. Glad they're sticking with it for a little longer. Horrible fake beard, though.

Random guess that involves spoilers from the comic and maybe the show in the future

Cop chick that The Governor hooked up with is going to be the one that shoots him in the head.

Spoilers and a question about tonight's episode

I knew I didn't really like the Governor! I just liked Brian

:P Next week should be epic. Also what did Martinez say right before Governor killed him? Gov kept saying "I dont want it!" What didnt he want?

He didn't want the leadership position again, after Martinez suggested they co-lead. And so he killed Martinez because he was drunk and also is crazy and stupid.

no more Governor-centric episodes please. Last week's was good enough but this week's was a chore.

Also;

Enver Gjokaj is too fucking talented to keep being shoehorned into these roles on cable dramas where he's killed off immediately. Please put him on Boardwalk Empire or something.

It wasn't a bad episode at all. Fun enough, I kind of just wanted G'vner to keep it together, because it was a lot more interesting than crazy dick G'vner. One Eyed Wandered Governor obviously being the best.

I like the culmination of the whole chess game and never being counted out or whatever, even if it was kind of bashed over our heads. Mostly I'm just glad he'll probably end up taking the Prison or at least crushing it as a safe house and we'll finally see Rick and (hopefully) a severely reduced gang back on the road again. And by reduced, I mean like, five people. Including Rick and probably Carl. Ideally it'd be Rick, Carl, Hershel, Michonne, Daryl, but I'm pretty sure at least one of those last four don't make it out. I get the feeling it'll end up being more like, Rick, Carl, Michonne, Daryl, Tyreese, Maggie and Beth/Baby though.

Fuck Glenn, I've been calling for his death for ages. He's felt pointless for a long, long time.