AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

How great would it be if the webisodes this year are of Axle's TRUE backstory, and everything he told Carole was a total lie. There are things like that that could really freshen things up with more glimpses in to the past.

Yeah, had they not decided to kill Axel so abruptly I could have seen him being a murderer because I got a vibe from when he was talking to Carol that he was full of shit.

How great would it be if the webisodes this year are of Axle's TRUE backstory, and everything he told Carole was a total lie. There are things like that that could really freshen things up with more glimpses in to the past.

That sounds interesting. But I still dont think you need actual flashback episodes to establish stuff about Tyrese or whoever. I like not knowing for sure. Thats kind of the point really. In the new world you don't know who you can trust. Can we trust Tyrese? Who knows for sure? But if we see the Tyrese saves the orphanage episode the suspense is gone

• Like 2

That sounds interesting. But I still dont think you need actual flashback episodes to establish stuff about Tyrese or whoever. I like not knowing for sure. Thats kind of the point really. In the new world you don't know who you can trust. Can we trust Tyrese? Who knows for sure? But if we see the Tyrese saves the orphanage episode the suspense is gone

I'm now picturing Tyreese running into a burning building saving a bunch of kids.

And thats why I'm glad Mazzara is on his way out. As Voyeur pointed out at somepoint in this thread, Mazzara hates flashbacks. This TV show could benefit from them.

Me too. I feel some of the strongest stuff was from Season 1 when we found out what happen to Rick and how Lori and Shane ended up together. Without it, you just have to except what the characters are telling you and they never consistently tell the truth.

I think that's the point of The Walking Dead, they are not supposed to trust anyone and you're not supposed to know everything. That's why in the comics you'd never get a flashback, it doesn't actually matters

I don't think you can compare the comics to the television show. It's a completely different medium. Just because the comics don't require flashbacks, doesn't mean the tv show doesn't either. Imagine season 2 if they had the freedom to explore the farm in two minute scenes before Rick and company showed up. The season wouldn't have felt as dragging as it did at points. It's a whole way to help tell a story that they shouldn't disregard because the comic books didn't do it.

• Like 1

"The Walking Dead" is the biggest hit in the history of AMC, and one of the biggest in the history of cable television — at the moment, it's the highest-rated entertainment show of this season in all of television but success has not brought with it stability. Original showrunner Frank Darabont departed under murky circumstances midway through season 2, to be replaced by his lieutenant Glen Mazzara. And when the season 4 renewal came in, it was with the announcement that Mazzara would be departing the series over the ever-popular creative differences.

Though it's been rumored for months that Scott M. Gimple (who's been on the writing staff since season 2) would be promoted to replace Mazzara, AMC wouldn't confirm that until today, when the channel also announced more details about the fourth season.

Production will begin in Atlanta on May 6, with another 16 episodes being produced to premiere in October. In addition to Gimple's promotion, the show's Emmy-winning makeup supervisor (and sometime director) Greg Nicotero has been promoted one notch to executive producer, alongside returnees Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert.

We're never going to know exactly why Mazzara left (other than that he didn't agree with the direction that season 4 will go in), but unsurprisingly, the press release features all interested parties sounding pleased as punch with the new arrangement.

"Scott has been an essential part of this show since he came aboard at the very beginning of season two. He's contributed to guiding this show in a substantial way that has resulted in a lot of the key scenes and storylines fans have dubbed signature moments of 'The Walking Dead,'" Kirkman (who created "The Walking Dead" comic) said. "I am thrilled to begin work on a brand new season of ‘The Walking Dead’ with Scott at the helm, and I truly believe we could be embarking on what will be the best season of this show yet."

Gimple, meanwhile, said, "I'm thrilled to continue the tradition of the spectacular, cinematic, horrifying, exciting and emotional storytelling of 'The Walking Dead.' I'm a huge fan of the comics, and started with the show on the other side of the set, as an avid viewer. Over the past two years, it's been an incredible privilege making such great television with the best cast and crew I've ever worked with – I can't wait to make some more."

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/new-walking-dead-showrunner-confirmed-season-4-production-begins-in-may#dDgvk6PXElwQTwst.99

Edited by TheSqauredCircleMessiah

So The Walking Dead had their Paleyfest panel today. Good quote from Laurie Holden on Andrea in the last episode;

"Let's be clear up here. When she goes back and she sleeps with him, it's not because she's having a weak female moment and thinks he's handsome. She really thought that she could follow through with Carol's plan... I think that Andrea thought that she could do, tried to do it and I think sleeping with her disgusted him and I think that she woke up and it's one thing to kill someone in self-defense and another to stand over someone as they're sleeping in cold blood. Andrea's never killed a human being before. You can call that weak, or you can call that strong," Laurie Holden maintains.

Meanwhile, Michael Rooker was at Emerald City Comic Con and I got to see half of his Q&A session. He is fucking hilarious.
  • Like 2

^ That's kinda nuts, I'd still watch that shit though probably.

So The Walking Dead had their Paleyfest panel today. Good quote from Laurie Holden on Andrea in the last episode;

"Let's be clear up here. When she goes back and she sleeps with him, it's not because she's having a weak female moment and thinks he's handsome. She really thought that she could follow through with Carol's plan... I think that Andrea thought that she could do, tried to do it and I think sleeping with her disgusted him and I think that she woke up and it's one thing to kill someone in self-defense and another to stand over someone as they're sleeping in cold blood. Andrea's never killed a human being before. You can call that weak, or you can call that strong," Laurie Holden maintains.

Meanwhile, Michael Rooker was at Emerald City Comic Con and I got to see half of his Q&A session. He is fucking hilarious.

And I get this too, and maybe the way it was shot was the most cinematic, it got what it needed to across. I don't know why it came off so bad to me, I just didn't feel it. And then the walk to the window, looking out towards the prison. Totally get it, didn't really buy it.

Edited by deathbeforedonuts

...I think that was the best episode of season 3. Possibly the entire series.

Carl was amazing...I loved his little adventure with Michonne. And Michonne! I loved that she got more of a talking role (possibly more tonight than all of season 3 combined?) this episode...the two of them together were just great.

And so glad we got to see Morgan again, it's a shame everything had gone to shit for him though.

Next week looks like it is shaping up to be a huge clusterfuck of action. How many episodes left? Two?

Exceptional episode. For once Ruki's weekly "I LUV U THE WALKING DEAD" Facebook status was dead-on correct.

Also, very promising that Scott Gimple is credited with writing it.

• Like 1