leave them in the middle of nowhere.

- It was obvious that he wasn't going to change his mind. He's given

up on having a life and just sees his role now as clearing any walkers

that come to his area. Given that they are at war they don't have the

time to be trying to convince someone they know to join them for a long

period of time. They could always go back if they survive the upcoming

battle.

Fair enough.

Although just tying up the guy, putting him in the backseat with a gun pointed to him and on return putting him in one of the cells of the prison would have been a better, smarter and probably also more humane choice. As the guy apparently was able to survive for this long, he must have some good skills at least. Give him small jobs at first, earning trust like the original prisoners did...

Anyway, that annoyed me.

Also didn't feel as a must-see episode. And I agree that it was a character-driven episode... I just didn't really buy the characters. Michonne is still very shallow (although she can talk now!). Rick is very inconsistent and Morgan was well... just crazy. I do agree that his emotional confessions were powerful, but I didn't buy his "you are not Rick"-thing in the beginning. Carl was ok...

Well, made my point I guess. All I really wanted to say was... don't be too harsh on people that don't agree it was the greatest hour in television history. About every episode of Breaking Bad or Homeland had better character development.

• Like 1

Regarding A: There's two people in that group that floated the idea of killing everyone in the prison and taking it for themselves. Totally trustworthy!

• Like 2

The whole point of Rick's interaction with Morgan was to open his eyes about how wrong his current mindset is. Part of me believes that after Rick spoke with Morgan, if he had seen the hitchhiker again he would've stopped. All that was left by that time was a body and a backpack of potentially useful items, so he took what he could.

Edited by Voyeur

Although just tying up the guy, putting him in the backseat with a gun
pointed to him and on return putting him in one of the cells of the
prison would have been a better, smarter and probably also more humane
choice.
As the guy apparently was able to survive for this long, he must
have some good skills at least. Give him small jobs at first, earning
trust like the original prisoners did...

This is just wrong. What if, when they stopped, then a bunch of his friends came out of the bushes with guns? Either they're dead, or they lose their vehicle in the middle of nowhere. Tying him up and such would have taken time, and he would have taken up space in the vehicle...space that is needed for valuable supplies that they came to get.

Regarding A: There's two people in that group that floated the idea of

killing everyone in the prison and taking it for themselves. Totally

trustworthy!

Rick doesn't know that. And well... nobody is trustworthy really. If you want to survive this situation though, you will need to trust someone at least. Giving one single guy with a backpack crossing your path by coincidence a chance seems a better option then thinking "hey, maybe he's part of a clever trap set up by the Governor!". Let's ignore him...

It annoyed me, that's all. I didn't think it was needed to once again show how dark Rick has become. We know that by now. Let's kill the Governor!

The whole point of Rick's interaction with Morgan was to open his eyes

about how wrong his current mindset is. Part of me believes that after

Rick spoke with Morgan, if he had seen the hitchhiker again he would've

stopped. All that was left by that time was a body a backpack of

potentially useful items, so he took what he could.

Didn't see it like that... but if that was the goal, I can live with it. The end scene striked me as 'Rick, Carl and Michonne' didn't care about the guy because... in case you didn't know by now, they have gone through horrible stuff! I didn't have the feeling Rick had any guilt, but maybe I didn't understand the scene...

(it's btw not that I hate The Walking Dead, as I would obviously not be watching the third season if I did. I just like it better when it's a bit more action-driven and not trying too hard to be this 'deep intelligent' television show. There are better options in that genre.)

• Like 1

I don't think he understands the whole idea of Walking Dead.

Look at the context and where they have come from. They are in a post-apocalyptic world where it has become like gang warfare. It is their group over everyone else. Why pick up some completely random stranger, which is an extra mouth to feed, under the onus they MIGHT be useful?

It just adds so many problems with absolutely no gain in the world they are in. If you can't see that you have not been watching the show properly.

• Like 1

Look at the context and where they have come from. They are in a

post-apocalyptic world where it has become like gang warfare. It is

their group over everyone else. Why pick up some completely random

stranger, which is an extra mouth to feed, under the onus they MIGHT be

useful?

It just adds so many problems with absolutely no gain in the world

they are in. If you can't see that you have not been watching the show

properly.

For the record, I've read (and are still reading) the comics (and like those a lot, hence one of the reasons I watch the tv show). I think I kind of understand the whole concept of The Walking Dead.

I've read several reviews and often read comments like "I totally understand Rick. I would have done the same with that stranger!" or "It's a cruel world. You have to look for yourself. Rick was right!". Maybe thát is the difference: I believe I would have stopped. Even in that apocalyptic world. Maybe I trust people too much or something. But my opinion is: if you can't see the point in saving that one stranger... you don't understand humanity. That's my issue with the show.

I had the same feeling btw when the 'survivors' where killing off Herschel's family members. Maybe (even probably) he was wrong in thinking zombies can be saved. But I hope that if I ever turn zombie... someone will at least consider the possibility of "hey... maybe we can save the guy."

You can't perceive it from yourself, you have to perceive from the characters perspective to understand it. You can't say, oh yeah I get why they wouldn't pick him up, but I would have so it's wrong and I didn't like it.

It shows you aren't vested in the show and makes your point invalid.

• Like 3

I'll preface this by saying I don't know you, bolleje and maybe we're all completely wrong.

Still, I very much doubt you'd act any differently to Rick if you were in his shoes. Imagine you're in riding in that car. You're with your son. Your best friend went crazy and tried to kill you and your wife died giving birth to your daughter. On top of that, you've seen countless people die at the hands of walkers and other humans. You're really telling me you're going to risk your life, your son's life, and the lives of everybody you vowed to protect at the prison because you believe that that guy might be a good person. Any good the guy could do is outweighed by all the negative he could bring.

• Like 2

useful?

properly.

For the record, I've read (and are still reading) the comics (and like those a lot, hence one of the reasons I watch the tv show). I think I kind of understand the whole concept of The Walking Dead.

I've read several reviews and often read comments like "I totally understand Rick. I would have done the same with that stranger!" or "It's a cruel world. You have to look for yourself. Rick was right!". Maybe thát is the difference: I believe I would have stopped. Even in that apocalyptic world. Maybe I trust people too much or something. But my opinion is: if you can't see the point in saving that one stranger... you don't understand humanity. That's my issue with the show.

I had the same feeling btw when the 'survivors' where killing off Herschel's family members. Maybe (even probably) he was wrong in thinking zombies can be saved. But I hope that if I ever turn zombie... someone will at least consider the possibility of "hey... maybe we can save the guy."

You are going to die day one of the zombie apocalypse.

• Like 3

useful?

properly.

You are going to die day one of the zombie apocalypse.

You're one to talk

For the record, that construct was obliterated first by the walkers ... then by those that survived the initial onslaught.

Just caught up on the latest episode and it was a fantastic hour of television. The chemistry between Lincoln and James is apparent on every scene they have had and i was pleasantly surprised with Michonne and Carls story.

Seeing Lennie James again has made me want to re-watch Jericho.

Again, he didn't pick up the hitchhiker so that when he met Morgan and realized what he may become, there'd be an anchor to the episode. Morgan was Rick without a support system. Rick was in the process of destroying his support system. Therefore Rick knew he'd one day become Morgan. Morgan changed Rick. If Rick saw the hitchhiker on the way back to the prison, there's a good chance he would've helped him, either by picking him up, giving him a gun, or advice. By the time they left Morgan, it was too late, a further reminder that Rick's thought process was wrong.

• Like 1