AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Was Walking Dead on tonight? MY dvr didn't record it :(

How is Rick at all a dick? He is thinking of his son and daughter for a woman he had absolutely no faith in until a few days before the meeting. He then said that he wanted to be talked out of it, because he doesn't want to go through with it. This episode adds a lot more to the last one. The last episode is a massive component to the story. Without it, this episode would mean absolutely nothing and the decision would have no weight.

• Like 2

Was hoping that when Rick lied to everyone about The Governor wanting the prison he either a) saw right through the offer and was actually telling the truth as he saw it or b) was protecting Michonne by not letting the others create a mob against her. Boo on him doing it to lead her into a a trap.

Back when there were 5 episodes left, I was hesitant about there being that much time left for them to get to the big showdown. While a few things were a little drawn out (the chase with Andrea for example), I've been wonderfully surprised at how good the episodes have been and how they've slow burned this.

It was a good episode, but the problem I had with it was spending another whole episode away from Rick's group this late in the season. We already just had the episode with only Rick/Machionne/Carl, which was great and all, but I did not want to spend a whole episode away from the group again. Maybe it's just me, but with only 2 episodes left now, that was disappointing

Edited by Mofoticon

It was a good episode, but the problem I had with it was spending another whole episode away from Rick's group this late in the season. We already just had the episode with only Rick/Machionne/Carl, which was great and all, but I did not want to spend a whole episode away from the group again. Maybe it's just me, but with only 2 episodes left now, that was disappointing

I don't think that's a bad thing at all. The worst episodes of The Walking Dead are the ones where they're overloaded with too many subplots and trying to give everyone in the group something to do. Do we really need to know what's up with Carol and Beth every given week?
  • Like 3

I don't think that's a bad thing at all. The worst episodes of The Walking Dead are the ones where they're overloaded with too many subplots and trying to give everyone in the group something to do. Do we really need to know what's up with Carol and Beth every given week?

Agreed, and I love the depth it gives people. Way back in the first season I didn't give a crap about Jacqui staying and dying at the CDC. Now though, I have some kind of attachment to everyone involved. The plague is so much bigger than Rick's group, and taking entire episodes to portray other things only makes it that much more overbearing.

Indeed, plus focusing on The Guv'nor's group throws seeds of doubt over who exactly is going to get killed off at the end of the season. Martinez is likely a goner, but Milton may survive to lead a less aggressive Woodbury in wake of the war. Tyreese and Sasha will likely change sides at a pivotal point and survive, with Tyreese killing Allen in self defence.

Last night's episode has me thinking that the Governor is going to be "killed off" this season by being trapped with a bunch of walkers. I could see Carl, Daryl, Andrea, and Michonne locking him in the tombs of the prison that are now re-infested and the viewers seeing him overcome with no certain ending. I think that'd be a great way to go, especially since that leaves room for bringing him back later in the series, hacked up with a couple of limbs missing to keep the bites he got from killing him. Maybe Milton helps him. Part of me thinks Milton is going to eat it in the next episode, but another part of me hopes there's more to his character that we're going to find out.

I also believe that they should rob us of the satisfaction of getting the demise we want. We are craving retribution from andrea, maggie, michonne, and rick.... Too bad. We don't get it because it doesn't work out that way. Lock him behind a steel door with two dozen walkers gaining on him, and have us only be able to listen to what's happening.

I'd be for that, except they just teased it this episode.

I'd rather him be killed off, giving some of the satisfaction only to have Milton actually be the real issue later on as he takes over Woodbury. His "dealings" and "science" with the walkers needs more play, and personally I think he's a right dastardly son of a bitch underneath. Perhaps he takes care of a bitten GOV and the reveal to his true character is in the last moments before the GOV turns .... that'd be epic.

Michonne says her pets deserve what they got because they were never human and then

it dissolved in to the governor preparing to do something inhuman. Thats good storytelling. Not to mention it answered the question of who the pets were to michonne to everyone that didnt read the comic.

• Like 2