AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

So I just finished the third season this week.

You know... I don't know why everybody hated on Andrea and hoped she'd die. I thought she was a pretty well written character. Like she said in the finale, by the end she was a character who had progressed to a place where she had power and confidence, but she wanted to use it to help people. The whole third season she was in a rock and a hard place and really any decision she made would have had really bad consequences. I am sad to see her go, but it was a fitting end for her.

• Like 2

You know... I don't know why everybody hated on Andrea and hoped she'd die. I thought she was a pretty well written character. Like she said in the finale, by the end she was a character who had progressed to a place where she had power and confidence, but she wanted to use it to help people. The whole third season she was in a rock and a hard place and really any decision she made would have had really bad consequences. I am sad to see her go, but it was a fitting end for her.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, ever since the beginning of the show, she's made these decisions to do things that everyone else sees as a bad idea, and every time she does that, she just makes things worse. In the third season, there were multiple times she was faced with a decision that could have saved lives, but because she refused to take one life to save many, shit hit the fan and a lot of people died. I'm happy that she was a complex and well written character. I'm happy that at the end, she understood that the weight of the whole battle was on her. But I'm happier that I don't have to facepalm every couple of episodes because she's an idiot.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, ever since the beginning of the show, she's made these decisions to do things that everyone else sees as a bad idea, and every time she does that, she just makes things worse. In the third season, there were multiple times she was faced with a decision that could have saved lives, but because she refused to take one life to save many, shit hit the fan and a lot of people died. I'm happy that she was a complex and well written character. I'm happy that at the end, she understood that the weight of the whole battle was on her. But I'm happier that I don't have to facepalm every couple of episodes because she's an idiot.

See, I guess my problem is that I don't see how she differs from any other character on the show, though. Rick is the main character of the show and has made mistake after mistake after mistake. I mean, every season has revolved around his mistakes. Everybody on the show makes mistakes. I just don't find Andrea's to occur much often or to be more drastic. I thought she had a lot growth on the show and was pretty interesting.

Watching the show, I think there is a malleable, almost pandering nature to the show. I know a lot of die hards don't love each and every episode, but I think the problem with the show has far more to do with trying to please people than delivering a quality television show. The only reason I think Andrea and Lori died, in my opinion, is because the more hardcore fans of the show didn't like them and they got the axe as a result. It stunk of pandering. The Governor's introduction into the series kind of rang true to me as pandering as well.

I think the problem with the show, ultimately, is that the brains behind the show are far more concerned about message boards than storyboards (I'm going to trademark that).

• Like 1

See, I guess my problem is that I don't see how she differs from any other character on the show, though. Rick is the main character of the show and has made mistake after mistake after mistake. I mean, every season has revolved around his mistakes. Everybody on the show makes mistakes. I just don't find Andrea's to occur much often or to be more drastic. I thought she had a lot growth on the show and was pretty interesting.

Watching the show, I think there is a malleable, almost pandering nature to the show. I know a lot of die hards don't love each and every episode, but I think the problem with the show has far more to do with trying to please people than delivering a quality television show. The only reason I think Andrea and Lori died, in my opinion, is because the more hardcore fans of the show didn't like them and they got the axe as a result. It stunk of pandering. The Governor's introduction into the series kind of rang true to me as pandering as well.

I think the problem with the show, ultimately, is that the brains behind the show are far more concerned about message boards than storyboards (I'm going to trademark that).

With Rick and the other survivors, their mistakes definitely cost lives and create trouble, yes... but none of them ever had a legitimate shot at ending a threat. Andrea had several, especially in the third season, where she couldn't kill one person, or make the choice for one person to die, for the greater good. She was naive, and thought that she could fix the problem without anyone dying, which resulted in way more people dying. She kept putting other people in danger because she couldn't live in that world, and that is why she needed to die.

At least her character had some sort of redemption in the end, knowing that she did better in death than she ever did for the group by being a living member.

Also, her flip-flopping on being gung-ho to kill, which saw her almost kill Darryl... and then refusing to kill anyone, even the most despicable man she'd ever met... it was just annoying.

Well, except... Rick could have killed the Governor in the cabin. But he didn't. That's why Carl killed the boy in the woods.

Well, except... Rick could have killed the Governor in the cabin. But he didn't. That's why Carl killed the boy in the woods.

Rick and the Governor in the cabin, I understand though. There were people from both sides outside, and they would surely have heard it. Would have started a mini-battle there at the cabin, and Rick probably would have lost a couple of his people because of it. Andrea had the chance to just slit his throat, quietly in the night.

I've been reading the books now. Moves fast but I like it. Only thing I've really liked better in the show was Shane. I'm only in the middle of Vol 4 though.

What would everyone's thoughts on an animated TWD that just followed the comic story completely?

Something about the following page just made me think that something like that would be wonderful.

7210_646352668710239_132793090_n.jpg

I've been reading the books now. Moves fast but I like it. Only thing I've really liked better in the show was Shane. I'm only in the middle of Vol 4 though.

It moves fast because Kirkman was sure it was going to get cancelled and he wanted to make sure certain stuff actually made it out

AMC did a motion comic of issue one before the pilot aired on regular tv.

http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/the-walking-dead-motion-comic

Kirkmans comics are in moveing forward all the time, even if it seems "slow" there is always tons of stuff forshadowing/building up.

I kind of really hate that an article talking about spoilers through set pictures used one of the set pictures that clearly shows the spoiler as their preview image. Ugh.

The article I read didn't clearly show the spoiler your talking about. But I know what your talking about...looking forward to the next season

When did the other seasons premire? Around Halloween time?

• 4 weeks later...