AMC's "The Walking Dead"

Maxx

Fantastic episode. Can't wait for the finale.

Who I Think SHOULD Die

1) Hershel, sacrificing himself to save...

2) Beth & Judith who get pinned down in the hallways of the prison by walkers.

3) Milton, after foiling The Governor's attempt to kill Carl.

4) Woodbury, the gunfire of war attracts a horde and with their defense divided the town falls.

5) Sasha, "friendly" fire from Woodbury folk, causing Tyrese to snap and begin aiding Rick.

6) Martinez, leg sliced off by Michone, and left to be eaten by walkers, mostly because we haven't seen Michone only injure somebody with the sword yet.

7) Andrea, jumps between Michonne/Governor and takes the bullet from The Governor. Michonne/Andrea get their goodbye.

8) Woodbury folk who attacked the prison, for underestimating the walkers and concentrating too much on Rick's group.

And that's it.

Carol should stay alive because Daryl is in a unique spot as far as character development goes, the chemistry between the two characters could be really interesting moving forward.

Maggie/Glenn should stay alive mostly to explore Maggie losing the rest of her family. I think losing her family + Glenn would be too much too soon.

The Governor should be badly wounded and mistaken for dead, or locked in a cellblock by Rick with a bunch of walkers. Rick needs to make the mistake of not killing him, in my opinion, so he can return Season 5 or 6.

That would leave the group of survivors at

Rick, Tyrese, Michone, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, Carol

That was great .... wonderful set up for what is surely going to be the goriest/bloodiest/holy shit-est episode of the show's history next week.

Eh, I was hoping for more with Merle ... or maybe a cliffhanger going into the final episode and then opening it .... something. Sure, it worked and was phenomenal given his character and his dynamic through the series ... but I just wanted a bit more ooomph as he went out (as a human, not walker, that part was perfect).

I'm actually really torn on who bites it in the Finale.

Am I the only one that can see Milton taking out the Gov ? or letting it happen ? somehow being involved ?

Deaths I can see but don't want: Herschel, Carol, Milton

Deaths I want: Andrea, Gov

Deaths I actually think will happen: Half of Woodbury, the white guy with Tyreese, Gov, Andrea, one of Beth/Carol, one of Maggie/Glenn

I think the sequence will be Governor killing Milton (maybe after Milton tries to kill the Governor but can't go through with it), then the Governor getting blindsided shortly after by one of Darryl, Rick or Tyreese)

Honestly, I can see that. The only reason I have this sneaking suspicion it will be Milton is because Rick/Andrea/Michonne/Darryl all of "sure" bets to be the person to take him down. Milton has been put out to have the "I look the other way because I knew him before, all of this .... while I won't say it out loud, yeah he's fucked up and wrong" approach. He allowed/did things to get at the GOV but wouldn't let Andrea outright kill him. I think he wants to be the one to do it.

Tyreese is a sleeper but I don't think he's involved enough in the story and I think people wouldn't take to it as much given the vested interest of the other characters. It certainly could announce his arrival but I just don't think it's the way to go.

Hell, I'm still hoping they reveal he was bit two episodes ago ...

If anyone deserves to kill The Governor, it's Maggie.

Fantastic episode last night though, Scott Gimple becoming showrunner after this episode and "Clear" has me extremely hopeful for Season 4. Well, until AMC fires him, of course.

• Like 1

He likely is only confused because of the Dawn of the Dead Remake.

Magie is on Law and Order next Week. Along stie with Billings of the Shield.

Pretty much this, won't even lie. Mind you, I thought pretty much everything in DOTD '04 was great for a modern zombie tale, although I appear to be in the minority on that one :/.

I know he had to die before the Govonor came along, but damn it would have been great to see Shane in this season.. Even if he didn't make it til the end, his downfall into complete insanity would have been a tad more epic with the death of Lori and the birth of Judith, but on the flip side of the coin it would have have been total over kill. Also, I won't even deny it, last nights episode really tug at the heart strings, Michael Rooker as Merle was naturally so easily to hate, in the I love to hate you type way and as soon as he released Michonne it was pretty clear his journey was over - despite what Rooker himself says, I just took everything else Merle did as the ulitmate act of love, he gave his life to hopefully give Daryl and the rest of the crew a fighting chance.. Theres no way the character thought he was going to go on enemy ground and walk away. I've seen some people say it would have been perfect if Merle put up more of a fight, but I'm not going to mourn on that to much, he was drinking/drunk by the time he made it to The Governor and his men, still took three of them out, it took two hence men giving him a stomping and then finally the Governor to put him down, it was still closer then anyone else besides Michonne as gotten and this all came from a man with one hand. The ending was perfect in the sense of for whatever reason you didn't want to see the good Governor bite the dust before, you do now, and anything else should and will be a dissapointment. The final scene with Daryl and Zombie Merle was perfect, it was what they where going for with Shane's death scene last season times ten. For a show that in all reality has every right to be a silly gore fest, they seem to produce some of the most intense and emontional moments on television at the moment.

My guess is Allen takes a bullet to the face tonight, Hershel is probably going to die from Rick's group. Beth may be a possibiltiy. It would be ballsy but they may kill Judith. Martinez is as good as dead. I'd say The Govenor is killed by Milton when he tries to kill either Judith or Carl.

No way Rick, Michonne, or Daryl dies. If Tyreese dies I'm going to be pissed.

My guess is Allen takes a bullet to the face tonight, Hershel is probably going to die from Rick's group. Beth may be a possibiltiy. It would be ballsy but they may kill Judith. Martinez is as good as dead. I'd say The Govenor is killed by Milton when he tries to kill either Judith or Carl.

If Tyreese dies, it's because they hired another black actor to be in season four.

Blackies in The Walking Dead are like Highlanders.

If Tyreese dies, it's because they hired another black actor to be in season four.

Yes because Morgan is dead and so are Sasha, Michonne, and that big burly black guy who's name I forgot that is in Woodbury.

Yes because Morgan is dead and so are Sasha, Michonne, and that big burly black guy who's name I forgot that is in Woodbury.

It's a joke. The main group seems to kill off their colored man just before introducing a new one.

On a serious note, I like Tyreese. I hope they keep him around for Season Four. We haven't seen as much of him as I would have liked in season three.

Morgan is also extremely welcome to come back. I'd like for them to go back for him after Woodbury gets taken care of. Rick and the survivors showing Morgan that they can make a life for themselves would make a good story arc for part of the fourth season.

Yes, I know it was a joke. They also have a habit of killing off characters just before they get interesting. We start learning more about Axel and boom he's dead.

I too would like to see Morgan return next season. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility of them going back for him.

Oh man. Hershel "fixing" Morgan by talking to him about God and to look past the horribleness that happened to his son. :(

But yeah, that won't happen. Hershel is walker bait.

Also, I think the ending image of Morgan burning bodies and going back to repeat his process is the last we'll see of him. It's a fitting ending. That's just what Morgan does now, forever, until he dies.

I was actually a bit underwhelmed.

The Gov going off and slaughtering his own people was easily the most powerful thing in the episode. I do like that they've left him open ended.

But meh, on Andrea. I wanted her gone and really wasn't bothered with it so ending on that was ... eh.

CARL ~! HA, he's great.